• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Crackbone

Same. This is to be expected. I've never seen a smooth MMO launch, and if there ever were one it was for a game that wasn't very popular.

This is probably going to get a lot worse on Tuesday.

Oh i know, I've been through at least 10 of these.

Fully prepared to eat shit day 1.

Red Comet

After the rollout of the name reservation service I knew there was going to be issues at launch. I think I'm going to go to bed now and hopefully the servers are up and running by tomorrow.

Shakala

What I'm seeing
BV0pqiI.jpg

Zand

Neo Member
If you have the Two Step Auth enabled, you prolly have to exit the client each time you get the time out error.

I took a critical, please I need some healing.

Well doing my job at destroying the servers. Maybe I can squeeze in, maybe.
For the veterans, how long does this last? an hour or two?

StMeph

I am sometimes able to get the 2-step authenticator portion to come up, but that also times out, and I am wondering if the short window for the Google code is interfering with the slow response for the additional login requirement.

Zand

Neo Member
Why would that be necessary?

Couple days ago when Carbine was disconnecting everyone to test Auth servers, those who had the two-step auth enabled would get errors if they didn't close down the client before trying to log back in; whether this was something Carbine was aware of and fixed, I don't know.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Couple days ago when Carbine was disconnecting everyone to test Auth servers, those who had the two-step auth enabled would get errors if they didn't close down the client before trying to log back in; whether this was something Carbine was aware of and fixed, I don't know.
It sounds plausible.

There's not much reason to have two-step the first few days while they iron out their login servers anyway.

Edit: Oh wait, you get a leveling boost...
"Progression Boosts 2% increase to Experience, Renown, and Prestige gain"

Nokterian

All right time to get back to Wolfenstein or Wash Doge and see later today. The fun of launching a new MMO never goes as expected. Prepare for a few days that it will play smoothly.

Jira

Let's get a show of hands here. Who here has and authenticator and cannot login to char select? So just say

Authenticator = Y/N
Able to login = Y/N

ramuh

Going to pick this game up in a few days! Also, when I noticed there was a continent called Alizar I was baffled. That is a name I made up in 2005 for my Xbox Live and then PSN that I still use today. Crazy. :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"Too many failed login attempts, login temporarily disabled. Please try again in a few minutes."

I'm still trying to register my key :(

Top Bottom