• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Uthred

The fact that it happense for nearly every launch doesnt make it better, arguably it makes it worse, its not as if there arent ways around it.

According to Gaffney it might be a DDOS
Appears to be DDOS attack - under investigation/working on doing network ninjitsu to cure.
Sorry for interruption working on it!
This is real time info, so may change.

BearPawB

Banned
not even sure why i bother with launches anymore.

Diablo, Sim City, any MMO. Never worth the greif

DDOS smells like BS.
Isn't a ddos basically the same as "a lot of people trying to log in at once"?
Calling that an attack seems...eh

Jira

Rift, SWTOR, and GW2 have been the only launches I can name that didn't shit themselves right out the gate. Maybe Aion as well...though my memory is fuzzy on that one.

DDoS attack? Or, maybe, just maybe, a lot of players are trying to log in but sure scapegoat it to look good :p

Seriously. Is this a new thing? The name reservation page also collapsed under the load.

Rift, SWTOR, and GW2 have been the only launches I can name that didn't shit themselves right out the gate. Maybe Aion as well...though my memory is fuzzy on that one.

All 3 of those games had major queue problems, but at least they let people log in.

Nokterian

WoW didn't have a smooth launch either in EU in 2004/5 even the US. I remember being in queue every night almost 3000 or more in front of me before i could play.

DDoS attack? Or, maybe, just maybe, a lot of players are trying to log in but sure scapegoat it to look good :p

There's probably a pretty clear distinction between hundreds of thousands of players trying to log in vs actual DDOS. I doubt they'd make the claim unless they had evidence for it, considering they flat out said the reservation stuff was their fault.

Sorian

Banned
There's probably a pretty clear distinction between hundreds of thousands of players trying to log in vs actual DDOS. I doubt they'd make the claim unless they had evidence for it, considering they flat out said the reservation stuff was their fault.

You have more faith in them than I do. A name reservation page screwing up and a launch screwing up are in different ball parks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
xD

WildStar
‏@WildStar
Okay, folks, it's not a hamster okay. It's a Chompacabra and there's plenty of them on Nexus to take your vengeance upon! #WildStar

MedIC86

So what's the consensus after the beta and now nearing launch for Wildstar? just another mmo with a good launch and inevitable F2P in the next year? or is it something good this time.

Top Bottom