• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Rigen

Neo Member
That said your tip was useful, so thank you :p.
After doing it, I've noticed my launcher is set on North America by default. It shouldn't, I'm from EU and I'm supposed to have the EU client.
Also I've tried to switch language and it downloaded Eng_US...I don't know if they have Eng_UK (the name suggests they do) but if they do I should be dling that instead.

I wonder if I didn't end up with a US client somehow. Maybe I should redownload and reinstall. The fix probably isn't due for next hour, so I could try that. Seems too obvious but hey, you never know.

Hey, the client is set to NA by default, and when trying to connect with a EU account, it will switch the default to EU.
so no need to re install..
GL :)

Shahadan

Hey, the client is set to NA by default, and when trying to connect with a EU account, it will switch the default to EU.
so no need to re install..
GL :)

Oh ok thanks so it's normal?
Although I have noticed the exe I've downloaded two days ago was a beta client and the .exe available now has removed the "beta" part.
I guess I just have to wait for a fix for my issue then ;(

Skerj

Should have checked here for what server you guys were playing before making a char. Time to play through the tutorial for the kabillionth time.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Can you tell us if Scientist offers bonus info on the lore/world ? I'm really interested in that. Some other poster was as well.
Was it fun and all? :)

Not sure how much of the lore information you gain from scanning objects/cubes/animals etc. is bonus compared to what other's can receive unfortunately. There was a boatload of it though (got to around level 26/path 16 in-game I think). Found several places where you had to be a scientist to unlock doors though and enter hidden areas, I guess they're sort of like the Explorer caves. The lazy man in me also liked using the scan bot to scan cubes/lore items from a distance instead of having to run up to them in person.

Edit:

Soon!
lGUBEua.png

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Some clarification on EU guild would be super. Most say Hazak, but Dominion or Exile?

Hazak Exile for me and a few others in the thread. Don't know specific number counts though. If there isn't a social level/grouping GAF guild by the time I reach Guild creation level range I'll make one. What that turns into closer to dungeon end-game game is very much flexible IMO.

Just added myself to the Google doc for Neo Empire. Hit level 7, going to take a small break and come back in about an hour. Loving the Engineer so far. Not sure how invites are working, so if I don't see anything after a while of playing, I'll just whisper in-game for an invite!

M.Steiner

This just turned up in the post as well.

But there doesnt seem to be any guest passes with it?
I haven't read any confirmations as to how and when we'll receive these (bought a digital copy myself) but I'm assuming they will be e-mailed to us on release. That would be my guess.

Hubb

Well the only problem I am having is my inventory being bugged. I suppose worse things could be happening to me.

I really like this game, but at times when jumping and moving the camera fast it feels like my character is clipping or moving slightly, like a judder.
Its very off putting.

kch

I really like this game, but at times when jumping and moving the camera fast it feels like my character is clipping or moving slightly, like a judder.
Its very off putting.

Yeah. Hope it's due to lag. Looks way more smooth in videos. I'm sure I'd get used to it fairly quickly though.

Yeah. Hope it's due to lag. Looks way more smooth in videos. I'm sure I'd get used to it fairly quickly though.

Yea, its hard to explain.

It's like, you jump and move the camera, and instead of landing where you would, you clip to the left or the right a little bit.

lexi

Banned
The performance is kind of killing my enjoyment of this game, It seemed to be passable in Open Beta but has taken a real nosedive now.

I have an i7 3820 OC'ed and two R9 290's in Crossfire. I can play Witcher 2 at ultra w/ ubersampling but this game can't manage 30fps in quest hubs -- graphical settings make little difference.

Shahadan

The performance is kind of killing my enjoyment of this game, It seemed to be passable in Open Beta but has taken a real nosedive now.

I have an i7 3820 OC'ed and two R9 290's in Crossfire. I can play Witcher 2 at ultra w/ ubersampling but this game can't manage 30fps in quest hubs -- graphical settings make little difference.

Probably because of too many people around. It will fix itself I guess.

Nokterian

Jezus christ this queue is just insane 1200 people..3 hour wait PvE Ascendancy in EU. This needs to be fixed lol. Oh wait my account is not flagged correctly it is seeing as a guest account..well that is not good.

I got through the Queue but now I am just staring at the background with no buttons to press and Task manager being the only way to exit the program or go back.

ValfarHL

Hazak Exile for me and a few others in the thread. Don't know specific number counts though. If there isn't a social level/grouping GAF guild by the time I reach Guild creation level range I'll make one. What that turns into closer to dungeon end-game game is very much flexible IMO.

Thank you! Will create some Exile toons when I get home. What is your nick in game?

I guess with the queues at least the player base is pretty good for launch.

Doesn't really mean much since we don't know what the capacity for the servers are unfortunately. I have a feeling that these servers would not hold as many people as say a WoW/SWTOR server would for whatever reason.

M.Steiner

My understanding of account based is that all characters on your account will get flagged to receive the pre-order bonuses like the rocket house (and same for the hoverboard etc for those with the deluxe edition), rather than you choosing a particular character to bind them to or being the first one you create or whatever. Boomboxes may be a different story though I'm not sure.

Zand

Neo Member
Has there been any information on how to fix the issue of being unable to claim your preorder / beta items? It's be 5hrs or so now, and all I get is either invalid item, or item already claimed. Not a single one of the items have appeared in my inventory or title list (aside from authenticator title).

And now, empty character screen after waiting in queue.

DarkKyo

My understanding of account based is that all characters on your account will get flagged to receive the pre-order bonuses like the rocket house (and same for the hoverboard etc for those with the deluxe edition), rather than you choosing a particular character to bind them to or being the first one you create or whatever. Boomboxes may be a different story though I'm not sure.

When you look at your account inventory you can click on an item and there is a button to "bind to character". I haven't done this with any characters yet because I don't want to put all 92 of my boom boxes on a character that won't be my supposed main(havent made him yet), so I'm only speculating. It just looks like you have to choose one character for each item in your account inventory(as compared to WoW's system where an account-bound mount will be usable on any account).

If anyone could verify what the situation is it would be very helpful.

Top Bottom