• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Jag

When you look at your account inventory you can click on an item and there is a button to "bind to character". I haven't done this with any characters yet because I don't want to put all 92 of my boom boxes on a character that won't be my supposed main(havent made him yet), so I'm only speculating. It just looks like you have to choose one character for each item in your account inventory(as compared to WoW's system where an account-bound mount will be usable on any account).

If anyone could verify what the situation is it would be very helpful.

Exactly. That's why I'm asking. I thought it would be for every character, but the way it's worded makes it sound like a one time use.

It looks interesting and surprisingly full of content for a new MMO. However, I'm only paying for one MMO subscription a month on top of all my console goodness so I just can't justify more spending on video games right now.

I hope the game does well and isn't a husk of it's launch days 6 months from now like so many other subscription MMOs. I refuse to roll the dice again.

Nokterian

Looks like i wont come in to the game the whole day everything is stocked and large queue's everywhere in EU. Yeah a few servers are medium but i don't like PvP realms or Roleplaying.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
This game runs like shit and is badly optimized. I have AMD 8350 and 7950 GPU and get 25 fps. I can't imagine how bad it runs on specs worst than mine. I even set it on "ultra low preset" and still get under 30 fps.

Somnia

This game runs like shit and is badly optimized. I have AMD 8350 and 7950 GPU and get 25 fps. I can't imagine how bad it runs on specs worst than mine. I even set it on "ultra low preset" and still get under 30 fps.

The problem is AMD. The game isn't perfect, but fps is taking a hit right now due to so many people also.

The performance is kind of killing my enjoyment of this game, It seemed to be passable in Open Beta but has taken a real nosedive now.

I have an i7 3820 OC'ed and two R9 290's in Crossfire. I can play Witcher 2 at ultra w/ ubersampling but this game can't manage 30fps in quest hubs -- graphical settings make little difference.

Disable crossfire. The game is likely not optimized for it yet, so it's just degrading your performance. One 290 is more than enough to max this game easily anyway.

I rolled Aurin to give it a shot, but I guess I should have tried them during the beta as their walk animation is...flamboyant to say the least. Tried mucking around a little to see if it would grow on me, but I think I'm going back to human.

Fonds

Performance is absolute dogshit...

Running around where it's crowded you can expect the game to run like an 80's view - master.

M.Steiner

When you look at your account inventory you can click on an item and there is a button to "bind to character". I haven't done this with any characters yet because I don't want to put all 92 of my boom boxes on a character that won't be my supposed main(havent made him yet), so I'm only speculating. It just looks like you have to choose one character for each item in your account inventory(as compared to WoW's system where an account-bound mount will be usable on any account).

If anyone could verify what the situation is it would be very helpful.
Hmm interesting. Then yep, if anyone could verify that'd be great =)

Bombless

I would say don't touch the boomboxes for at least a few days, it seems there's huge problems with entitlement of items right now.

npanciroli

Neo Member
Game is really awesome. Better than I expected so far. Disabling crossfire and it runs much better for me. Really like Exiles so may have to join GAF guild later. Have fun everyone!

Going for a hyoomahn Esper and a debull SS (while reserving a rockdude medic).

I don't normally touch humans in MMOs unless for min-max purposes, but the other choices for esper were gerbils or deviant art-bait.

Performance is absolute dogshit...

Running around where it's crowded you can expect the game to run like an 80's view - master.

Not for everyone, I maintain a consistent 60 no matter where I've been.

How are you guys getting so many boom-boxes? Actually I'm not sure what boom-boxes are, but I have 9 of them waiting for me to claim, not 90+ like others have said they have.

How are you guys getting so many boom-boxes? Actually I'm not sure what boom-boxes are, but I have 9 of them waiting for me to claim, not 90+ like others have said they have.
Get 3 a day each dat you log during beta and got some from name reserve issue

lexi

Banned
Really tempted to get this but the comments on how it runs(even on good systems) are holding me back.

Anecdotally I've heard it runs fine on Intel / nVidia systems. I happen to run Intel / ATI and performance fluctuates from silky smooth 120fps in some areas, 40fps and below in hubs and other various places.

Disabling Crossfire did yield a small performance gain, it will be nice when the game is optimized for it.

Well the only problem I am having is my inventory being bugged. I suppose worse things could be happening to me.

where you try to claim your item but can't? having that too. crying at the 68 boom boxes i can't see D:

EDIT: anyone know how i can move the dialogue box from some quest NPC? its like top middle. can't figure out if can move or not.

Shahadan

Lol Support guy gave me the basic answer about the time to activate an account "wait 3 hours blah blah". I had this issue for three days now. Oh well.
I know the fix won't come from him but still :lol:

Edit: And he closed my ticket. The week end calling was too strong.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Starting to think its AMD systems. I have an i5 4670 and nvidia 770 and get 60fps without flinching.

I made a guy on Pegro and added myself to the spreadsheet.

Overall quick thoughts are that the stock UI is pretty awful and lacks polish, but the combat is really an MMO game changer and brilliant.

iuo7QtLpHRHDg.gif

Yay, I love the queue simulator game I bought...

Perhaps they should have realized the necessity for more PVP servers...

mileS

care to explain what kind of specs you have? It can't just be an AMD videocard issue, considering the game is more CPU bound.

Ferny

I have an nvidia card and I'm getting great performance especially after updating to the latest patch. I have hard from many people that run AMD cards that are having a little bit more FPS slowdown issues. I'm sure it's not every AMD card only but that's the side where it's loudest in terms of vocal complaints.

Arksy

Ten hour queue. lol.

I can't remember the last MMO I had to queue for. :/ Probably star wars. MEGASERVERS PEOPLE.

Sigh.

LowParry

I have an nvidia card and I'm getting great performance especially after updating to the latest patch. I have hard from many people that run AMD cards that are having a little bit more FPS slowdown issues. I'm sure it's not every AMD card only but that's the side where it's loudest in terms of vocal complaints.

Pretty much. I think Nvidia got a Wildstar profile while others are waiting on AMD. The Draken area has always been pretty bad in terms of performance though. For me at least.

I don't like the quest arrows and their claws are sunk deep into the quest design already. It's the only wrong thing so far.

All MMO launches are like this, it's not a big deal. Just wait a few days and it'll be fine.

Nah, they openned a FOURTH PvP server for all of NA. Deja vu all over again.

Arksy

Opening up more PVP servers is silly, most big guilds have already settled on a server or two, and are rolling on those which means on the new servers you basically get stragglers. One the population stabilises these newer servers will be empty.

Xater

Are there guest passes or something like that for this? The combat in this looks cool but I am not sure if my iMac can run it properly so I would like to try it out first.

All MMO launches are like this, it's not a big deal. Just wait a few days and it'll be fine.

Yes and no. There are always queues. There are not always 5-6 hour queues. I've done WoW launch including all the expansions. I've done Rift. I've done Guild Wars 2. I did SWTOR.

No queue has ever been this bad for me...not even comparable wait times.

I'm only getting ~30fps with maxed settings at 1920x1080. Interestingly, I tried reducing settings (besides resolution) and none of it seemed to affect the performance at all. I'm running on an i5-2500k (oc'ed to 4.2ghz) and a 7950. Watch Dogs runs way better than this.

Dunlop

Yes and no. There are always queues. There are not always 5-6 hour queues. I've done WoW launch including all the expansions. I've done Rift. I've done Guild Wars 2. I did SWTOR.

No queue has ever been this bad for me...not even comparable wait times.
The time is not really reflective. My queue that said 6 hours was about 15 minutes.

That is if you have a character made, the people seem to be waiting for ever if they have no characters yet

Opening up more PVP servers is silly, most big guilds have already settled on a server or two, and are rolling on those which means on the new servers you basically get stragglers. One the population stabilises these newer servers will be empty.

Not necessarily if the game grows. But man, 3 PvP servers for all of NA. heh

Ferny

There were no queues for either TESO or GW2. No one ever had to queue to get into those games.

There were huge overflow problems on GW2. Sure you can get in and play, but for a long while it was without friends or anyone you knew.

Top Bottom