• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Yeah I don't understand why performance is so bad in this game. I'm running an 8320 @ 4GHz with a 660ti and its 30fps on ultra, 30fps on potato mode. But i don't think I've seen an MMO run at 60fps besides WoW for me. Is the game CPU bound and its just not playing nice with AMD or does the game require more vid ram than 2GB wish Carbine could tell me.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah I don't understand why performance is so bad in this game. I'm running an 8320 @ 4GHz with a 660ti and its 30fps on ultra, 30fps on potato mode. But i don't think I've seen an MMO run at 60fps besides WoW for me. Is the game CPU bound and its just not playing nice with AMD or does the game require more vid ram than 2GB wish Carbine could tell me.

It's AMD.

Arksy

There were huge overflow problems on GW2. Sure you can get in and play, but for a long while it was without friends or anyone you knew.

Huh? You could switch overflow easily...I was playing with friends within moments. GW2 had a pretty shitty launch. Guild interface was broken, auction house blew up and had to be taken out....but at least everyone who wanted to play, could play the core game, and could level.

Anything is better than the queue screen, except for maybe the login errors.

Ferny

I was there right at launch -- since I had to make the GAFGuild -- as I think you were, and I can tell you playing with friends was something you could not do right away. Maybe quitting and leaving a zone and trying to get lucky and get to the right overflow server worked for you, but it did not for many people.

ValfarHL

Can't for the life of me get the realm list to refresh!
Tried editing every .ini and making it read only, noooop.

MAN, this is busting my balls!

Somnia

Huh? You could switch overflow easily...I was playing with friends within moments. GW2 had a pretty shitty launch. Guild interface was broken, auction house blew up and had to be taken out....but at least everyone who wanted to play, could play the core game, and could level.

Anything is better than the queue screen, except for maybe the login errors.

That's not true at all. There were major issues with zones and not being able to swap them to friends, etc.

Rizzi

I'm only getting ~30fps with maxed settings at 1920x1080. Interestingly, I tried reducing settings (besides resolution) and none of it seemed to affect the performance at all. I'm running on an i5-2500k (oc'ed to 4.2ghz) and a 7950. Watch Dogs runs way better than this.

Turn off Vsync. It seems really messed up.

Also, this game pushes my gpu to 90 degrees celcius. I should probably do something about that.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Yup to what? I would be fine playing on whatever server for a day or two, but ONLY if Carbine will let me transfer when this shit stabilizes.

I'm currently on Zhur, and the realm lists doesn't update at all..

I would be shocked if they offer paid server transfers within the first 3 months. They need populations to stabilize first.

ValfarHL

I would be shocked if they offer paid server transfers within the first 3 months. They need populations to stabilize first.

Well, they will have to offer something for this hilariously bad (early) launch.
It's really, really frustrating, because I can play the game, just on a server where neither friends or EU Gaf will be.

pelican

Yup to what? I would be fine playing on whatever server for a day or two, but ONLY if Carbine will let me transfer when this shit stabilizes.

Yup, I agree about rolling on a low pop server if Carbine were to offer realm transfers.

pelican

Well, they will have to offer something for this hilariously bad (early) launch.
It's really, really frustrating, because I can play the game, just on a server where neither friends or EU Gaf will be.

Let me guess this is your first MMO launch.

Waiting is part of the fun:D

JLeack

Banned

AMD just isn't good for MMOs. They are budget CPUs, and MMOs are computing monsters.

I was AMD exclusive until two years ago. I raided hardcore on an AMD for several years, eventually upgrading to a Phenom 965 which was OC'd to 4.0GHZ per core. I always had performance issues and couldn't stream on Twitch without downgrading my visuals.

Once I went with an Intel Ivy Bridge 3570k I never looked back. I can run MMOs flawlessly now and stream on Twitch.

Basically, AMD is budget garbage. Yes, it's cheaper, but for a reason. Their CPUs aren't efficient at all.

To be clear, I am only talking about AMD CPUs. AMD GPUs are fine.

Alur

It's not that bad now. It's just a lot of folks slamming into 5 or 6 of the server options. That's not something they can anticipate. It happens in pretty much every one of these launches.

bodine1231

Enjoying it so far,gonna have to break out the old N52 for this character though,really liking the positional combat. Reminds me alot of DAOC.

And yeah,the game is not optimized at all. I'm running 2x r9 290's and get anywhere from 30-45fps at the winter zone. I hope the work on an sli/crossfire patch or at least tune the game better.

kafiend

Also on Zhur here. When the dust settles perhaps there will be enough of us EUGaf to start the StrandedGAF guild.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ughhh can't pick a race.

Chua, Granok, Mechari.
Dominion doesn't appeal to me at all outside of Chua. If I were going Dom that's what if do. Wouldn't mind a bunny but already playing a female cat in FFXIV and really don't want to accidentally find out I'm a furry. So I did a male spellslinger which I'm enjoying.

Will likely change about 5 times before I settle but starting with a Mechari Warrior Explorer.

Thank god my performance is OK so far. In the beta I could barely hold 30fps with a GTX780ti. Now im constant 60.

Dominion doesn't appeal to me at all outside of Chua. If I were going Dom that's what if do. Wouldn't mind a bunny but already playing a female cat in FFXIV and really don't want to accidentally find out I'm a furry. So I did a male spellslinger which I'm enjoying.

Hmm might re roll Chua now lol. Make Exile Granok my Warrior. Makes more sense.

ValfarHL

It's not that bad now. It's just a lot of folks slamming into 5 or 6 of the server options. That's not something they can anticipate. It happens in pretty much every one of these launches.

The problem is that if you are already connected to Zhur, the realm list will not update again. Hence making it impossible to change realms.
The only people with this problem seem to be connected to Zhur already.

KePoW

Banned
There were no queues for either TESO or GW2. No one ever had to queue to get into those games.

I specifically remember GW2 was *laggy as fuck* on launch day. It was definitely not smooth at all.

ESO does not have many people playing it.

Rizzi

95b53bo.png
Gah!

This may be a dumb question, but how do you adjust the size of the launcher screen? It's super huge, with everything at the bottom cut off. I can't move it any further up

Time for bed sadly. Got to play a little bit at least, only to level 3 though. Busy for the morning after I wake up but should be able to play a good 6 hours or so after that. Hopefully get to the Level 15 adventure in that time.

Top Bottom