• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just applied the code (I assumed it would do it automatically) and purchased some game time, but I still get the error.

I see an official response on the forums:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55715-headstart-issues-31514/

Some users are reporting they are being bounced between NA and EU, receiving a "No Valid Game Account" message.
POSSIBLE FIX: If you have only just activated a pre-order code/recently applied a code, you may need to wait 1-2 hours before the system registers your account correctly. Wait 2 hours and try again.

Edit:

Update-
Some users are reporting they are being bounced between NA and EU, receiving a "No Valid Game Account" message.

Update: We're still investigating the issue with "No Valid Game Account".

We will try and update you with information as we receive it, but there are a lot of moving parts right now and we're trying to get everything up and running so please bare with us! We're working on these issues as fast as possible and are sincerely sorry if you're unable to get in and enjoy WildStar right now.

M.Steiner

I made it to the end of the queue on Hazak without getting a connection error (will be going Exile I think) but was then hit with the empty character creation screen. Tried to log back in and it was hanging on retrieving account info or whatever. Eventually got back in again but now I'm back in a queue of 1.4k+. Fun times.
I knew what to expect but I should probably have stayed in bed a little longer methinks heh.

Hixx

Got no boom boxes or pre-order stuff.

Can't even talk in /zone.

I should be used to this sort of stuff in MMOs but it still annoys the shit out of me
KuGsj.gif

qKaC3K

I didn't have any queues on Eko (EU) and everything was working fine but when I switched between zones I got stuck. Now it's giving me Unable to connect error on login.

Looks like their network is down.

DrBo42

Endless loop of waiting in an insane queue, making it through to a blank character screen, closing the game and retrying only to get a connection error and end up in another insane queue. Fucking hell.

Wookieomg

Haven't made the guild yet, need to get to a high enough level and collect enough money.

Alright cool. Also, my buddy and I have noticed that Orias seems very dead... I commented that it's 5 AM and opening night, so that could lead to some of the barren presence to it.

Also, can anyone else use Zone or Advice chat? I have been hit with the "You don't have permission to use that channel." since creating my character. :( That might be why it seems so empty too. Not sure.

Alright cool. Also, my buddy and I have noticed that Orias seems very dead... I commented that it's 5 AM and opening night, so that could lead to some of the barren presence to it.

Also, can anyone else use Zone or Advice chat? I have been hit with the "You don't have permission to use that channel." since creating my character. :( That might be why it seems so empty too. Not sure.

I'm noticing a good amount of people out questing, and it is 6AM.

Won

Well, got up to level 8 for now. Zones are way overrun of course.

I hope the preorder stuff etc isn't one time use if it ever works. Would be pretty disappointing.

Hixx

Got kicked (memory error but it was hanging on the loading screen to Algoroc for a long time so probably a induced by a server issue).

Still having problems with Nameplates randomly disappearing and reappearing. And as time goes on the game is getting more laggy which was to be expected really, midday on a weekend so they're going to get hammered.

Can't wait to get more abilities on my Engineer to sack this useless robot off, as well. Useless... pathing is crap and unless I use its targeting ability it usually does sod all. Tried defensive mode, assist mode, aggressive mode... always the same.

edit: now there's a queue on Ravenous. Arrrrgh :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
#launch

KuIEEtp.png

This is for most of the EU servers and the queue estimate is just getting larger and larger instead of going down.

Hixx

#launch

KuIEEtp.png

This is for most of the EU servers and the queue estimate is just getting larger and larger instead of going down.

Ravenous has been up like 2-3 hours and already has a queue.

On one hand I am glad they didn't open up so many servers because we've seen in other MMOs what happens when they fade away (SWTOR a good example) and server pops crash.

On the other these initial couple of weeks are going to see a lot of waiting.

edit: get through the queue and character screen is blank. Fucking wonderful.

Shahadan

Holy shit CyberPunked, I found a fix on reddit.

Delete all the ini files in your appdata folder. Search for %appdata% and click the Roaming folder.

I was able to make a char ang login in a random server.

Didn't work for me at least. ;(
Oh well. Enjoy the game !

Jag

Are the pre-order bonuses per character or account? Will every one of my toons get the bag, house, etc.?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Ravenous has been up like 2-3 hours and already has a queue.

On one hand I am glad they didn't open up so many servers because we've seen in other MMOs what happens when they fade away (SWTOR a good example) and server pops crash.

On the other these initial couple of weeks are going to see a lot of waiting.

edit: get through the queue and character screen is blank. Fucking wonderful.

Number is down to ~2900 now but the time estimate it up to 10 hours ^^. I imagine the actual time is around 1 hour at this rate.

M.Steiner

Got a few Exile characters created on Hazak now. Think I'll be playing the Spellslinger as my main but after looking at these screens for several hours already trying to get in I don't think I'll start playing just yet. Later today though assuming all is well with the servers!

Number is down to ~2900 now but the time estimate it up to 10 hours ^^. I imagine the actual time is around 1 hour at this rate.

I waited about 40 minutes to get onto Hazak just now.
It claimed it was going to be 1 hour, then 2, then 4, then 5, then all of a sudden I was presented with the character creation screen.

Except I couldnt create one, so I closed it down and re-loaded fully expecting a queue but it let me make a character there and then.

Shahadan

That sucks :/
I guess it could be a coincidence since the devs said to wait 2-3 hours, but I was seeing beta account login ini's in there cluttering things up.

That said your tip was useful, so thank you :p.
After doing it, I've noticed my launcher is set on North America by default. It shouldn't, I'm from EU and I'm supposed to have the EU client.
Also I've tried to switch language and it downloaded Eng_US...I don't know if they have Eng_UK (the name suggests they do) but if they do I should be dling that instead.

I wonder if I didn't end up with a US client somehow. Maybe I should redownload and reinstall. The fix probably isn't due for next hour, so I could try that. Seems too obvious but hey, you never know.

Arksy

I picked soldier, despite the fact that it's completely and utterly pointless. It was the path for those who don't like the whole path system.

As for challenges, can I only ever do them once? Is there a respawn or a cooldown?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I waited about 40 minutes to get onto Hazak just now.
It claimed it was going to be 1 hour, then 2, then 4, then 5, then all of a sudden I was presented with the character creation screen.

Except I couldnt create one, so I closed it down and re-loaded fully expecting a queue but it let me make a character there and then.

Good to know.

I'm queueing for Hazek right now, I'll let the queue go down normally first to see. It's down to 1900 now.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So what do you guys reckon is the most appropriate path for a Spellslinger? During the betas I really liked Scientist, not so much Settler and Expolorer. I never really got to try out the Soldier one though but that feels more like a Warrior/Stalker path, no?

Wish they had a path respec option. :)

Shahadan

So what do you guys reckon is the most appropriate path for a Spellslinger? During the betas I really liked Scientist, not so much Settler and Expolorer. I never really got to try out the Soldier one though but that feels more like a Warrior/Stalker path, no?

Wish they had a path respec option. :)

Can you tell us if Scientist offers bonus info on the lore/world ? I'm really interested in that. Some other poster was as well.
Was it fun and all? :)

Ramstein

Banned
As for challenges, can I only ever do them once? Is there a respawn or a cooldown?

I'm not in-game right now so I can't tell you the exact hotkey, but there was a 'Challenges' tab in one of the menus somewhere that shows the 'cooldown' and other info.

Top Bottom