• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Level 12, think I'll call it there for the weekend. I've got some stuff to do. The game gets more fun as you level up, Warrior is pretty fun but I have no idea what a good loadout is, haven't attempted pvp yet.

Playing on Widow as Exile Human Warrior, name is TowerKnight.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
The character I wanted to be my main is on Pergo. I got in right away last night, made the character, and made the mistake of wanting to make others on Orias.

Oh well, I've got a Chua named "Thumb" on Orias if I decide I'm okay with the Dominion. Quite antithetical to my views, though.

Yeah I don't understand why performance is so bad in this game. I'm running an 8320 @ 4GHz with a 660ti and its 30fps on ultra, 30fps on potato mode. But i don't think I've seen an MMO run at 60fps besides WoW for me. Is the game CPU bound and its just not playing nice with AMD or does the game require more vid ram than 2GB wish Carbine could tell me.

MMOs have been notoriously bad lately in terms of performance. I don't think a lot of companies have had the capital to shell out money for a custom engine like blizzard did with warcraft. I have an i5-4670k (not oc'd, fans aren't working correctly on case), HD7950 3GB and I swing around 40-60.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Asked a couple of times, and I'm guessing with log in issues it's hard to check, but are anyone's settings being saved? I have NOTHING being saved, including log-in and accepting ToS at the start of the game (which I feel should be a once per update type thing). Chat, video, UI (from add-on's) - none of it is being saved. Only thing that seems to persist is UI changes through official addons and keybindings.

Alur

There were no queues for either TESO or GW2. No one ever had to queue to get into those games.

ESO had no real login queues because they decided to make one huge realm for everyone in a region. It's not an apples to apples comparison

Ideally, you could do this with every MMO and have 1 PVP NA, 1 PVE NA, 1 PVP EU, 1 PVE EU, and whatever other regions you need and call it a day...but it's not that easy, apparently. I wish it were. Server population distribution is a major issue for a lot of MMOs, even WoW.

Guesong

Sooooooo is the Stalker first support skill bugged?

A rhetorical question cause it totally is, as it saps me of all my Suit Power when I use it instead of just...20.

Good thing I'm not far enough to tank anything yet! xD

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Guild isnt up yet, Tunesmith is offering to make one for us.

Hazak, PvP server for EU.

What about migrating to Zhur, so that everyone can play without issues (and I can join)? :D

Hazak has been temperamental for me, I wouldn't be against swapping to Zhur if it means less queues.

(I don't necessarily have to make the guild, whoever reaches the requirements first can do that. :) )

Also, there's already a NeoGAF circle it seems? Who can invite to that?

My current character name is Phol by the way.

Hazak has been temperamental for me, I wouldn't be against swapping to Zhur if it means less queues.

(I don't necessarily have to make the guild, whoever reaches the requirements first can do that. :) )

I'm only level 3 at the moment, so wouldnt mind swapping to another server.
I'll go with the flow.

The queue for Hazak is awful, so I cant even play right now :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm only level 3 at the moment, so wouldnt mind swapping to another server.
I'll go with the flow.

The queue for Hazak is awful, so I cant even play right now :/

im up fior a change of server since this wait time is really bad for hazak

Let's hop to Zhur then, I'm level 10 on Hazak but it doesn't matter.

Zhur has a 15 min queue, it's way way less than Hazak at least.
I'm gonna try out a Warrior/Soldier on Zhur once I get in. Phol be the name.

aka_bueno

anyone playing on any non full servers, havent been able to play at all trying to get into Pergo. Bout to try another, pretty upset :/

Let's hop to Zhur then, I'm level 10 on Hazak but it doesn't matter.

Zhur has a 15 min queue, it's way way less than Hazak at least.
I'm gonna try out a Warrior/Soldier on Zhur once I get in. Phol be the name.

thats fine ill start a char on zhur

same name baskcm

also exiles are we on

Awesome, ok.
QWill log into Zhur now then.

Char name should be Amaril.

Looks as though my temps being in the 80's for the GPU were down to being in windowed mode.
Switched to Fullscreen and I'm now at 40C.

Plissken

Well, my 5 hour queue ended up only being 1.5 hours, but now after character creation I've been stuck on a load screen for 10 minutes. C'mon Wildstar, I want to play you!

*edit - Killing the game and restarting seemed to fix this, in game now.

DarkKyo

Has anyone opened a boom box yet?? I can't wait to see what is inside! If so what did you get for your first box?

I have 92 to go through.. full summer's worth of boom boxes lol

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Has anyone opened a boom box yet?? I can't wait to see what is inside! If so what did you get for your first box?

I have 92 to go through.. full summer's worth of boom boxes lol

Sucks that boomboxes are tied to a specific character once claimed. You can claim on any character but they're unique.

EU GAF: We're jumping to Zhur.

I also made a circle called ExileGAF which we can use in the meantime while there's no guild.

Are circles cross-server? GAF and NeoGAF are taken.

Ok, in terms of graphics issues, can anyone confirm if there seeing what I'm seeing here?

I've recorded a small one minute clip of it.

Basically, when jumping, it seems to clip the character around a bit.

The video shows it much better than I can explain it.

I've just re-installed my video drivers and it still seems to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssI6M4dMvk

I have no idea whats causing it.

Its not game breaking, just really annoying.

Nokterian

I will play tommorow..if it happens. Made a new char for the time being on a PvP server and tested a medic (falling in love with that class right now) so if everything works better tommorow and i hope i get all my items. Then i am going to make a Dominion Medic.

Baskcm

Sucks that boomboxes are tied to a specific character once claimed. You can claim on any character but they're unique.

EU GAF: We're jumping to Zhur.

I also made a circle called ExileGAF which we can use in the meantime while there's no guild.

Are circles cross-server? GAF and NeoGAF are taken.

how do you join circles

scratch that got the invite lol

M.Steiner

I'm nearly out of the queue on Hazak but I'll stay in it for now since I've been sat it in all afternoon basically lol.
I'll grab the character creation codes for my toons though [Edit: Oh.. can only do that when creating the buggers] and see about recreating them over on Zhur later on instead. Just hope the character names I'd reserved earlier on today aren't already in use on the other server =)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm nearly out of the queue on Hazak but I'll stay in it for now since I've been sat it in all afternoon basically lol.
I'll grab the character creation codes for my toons though [Edit: Oh.. can only do that when creating the buggers] and see about recreating them over on Zhur later on instead. Just hope the character names I'd reserved earlier on today aren't already in use on the other server =)

If you reserved them they're yours for the two weeks post full launch.

ValfarHL

Wow, I did not except that kind of response to my little request. Normally people are very hesitant to changing realms.
Go EU-GAF! :)

My nick is Powerpuff, and will probably not be the fastest to lvl 13 or whatever the requirements are for creating a guild.

shigsy

Ok, in terms of graphics issues, can anyone confirm if there seeing what I'm seeing here?

I've recorded a small one minute clip of it.

Basically, when jumping, it seems to clip the character around a bit.

The video shows it much better than I can explain it.

I've just re-installed my video drivers and it still seems to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssI6M4dMvk

I have no idea whats causing it.

Its not game breaking, just really annoying.

Umm actually just tried spaz jumping like you seemed to be (jumping and spinning quite violently ;) and yeh I get it too :) in 6 hours of play I can honestly say I've never jumped whilst spinning to that extent :p

Nirran

Wildstar twitch stream said something about pulling the servers down tonight for fixes. Right before the stream crashed. They just aren't having any luck at all it seems.

Going on 2hrs+ in queue for Pergo. Still another 2600 people to go. The choices I make to be on a populated server.

Umm actually just tried spaz jumping like you seemed to be (jumping and spinning quite violently ;) and yeh I get it too :) in 6 hours of play I can honestly say I've never jumped whilst spinning to that extent :p

Yea, I tend to run and jump when running around, which is how I noticed it, lol

Weird, so you basically get the same thing?

What GPU do you have?

Pyronite

Warning: I'm coming here to vent. I'm still going to put more time into the game. (Currently level 11.)

So far this game turns me off in every way – dozens of small quests to burn through with quest text that means nothing/is uninteresting, messy UI (the quest/chat dialogue and nameplate location in particular), repetitive combat (key, key, keep in triangle zone, key key key), uninteresting/generic world.

It feels like a manic experience. A bunch of people running from NPC to NPC collecting as many quests as possible and doing the fetch/"kill 6 rats" thing as fast as possible. What does it do that's new or interesting? Why should I spend my time with yet another grind? I don't think it's answered either one of those for me.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am but queue's man..

Welcome to every MMO launch.

There have been a lot of games that launched smoothly for the most part. Never had a 5 hour queue and I have been playing MMOs since the 90s. And this isn't even the full launch. Hopefully they iron things out but no word yet and it just seems poorly planned.

Top Bottom