• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Vesmir

Banned
There have been a lot of games that launched smoothly for the most part. Never had a 5 hour queue and I have been playing MMOs since the 90s. And this isn't even the full launch. Hopefully they iron things out but no word yet and it just seems poorly planned.
We will see if it's a sign of things to come.

shigsy

Yea, I tend to run and jump when running around, which is how I noticed it, lol

Weird, so you basically get the same thing?

What GPU do you have?

Yeh I get the same, but only when really turning quite sharply and jumping - something I just dont tend to naturally do. Presumably if you just jump/double jump in a straight line you dont get the glitching? I have a GTX460.

Yeh I get the same, but only when really turning quite sharply and jumping - something I just dont tend to naturally do. Presumably if you just jump/double jump in a straight line you dont get the glitching? I have a GTX460.

Yup, doesnt happen at all in a straight line.

Only when doing the jump and turning.

I cannot figure out whats doing it.

Shahadan

I've been pretty patient and cool with shit for 14 hours now, but I'm starting to be really annoyed. The bouncing between EU/NA at login shouldn't be that hard to fix, and the silence about it, not to mention being treated as low priority, is bullshit. Some people bought their key 10 hours ago and are playing and I'm not.
I would be glad to have queuing issues or crashes or shit, I just want to have a chance to get in before next month. Just give us new keys or something.

It's especially annoying since I'm gonna be on a low pop server anyway.

Tankshell

Sent you a friend request, my char is Danavas.

Cool. Just queuing to get back into server, then going to sort my Pinnacle Profiler out so I can play it like an action RPG using my 360 pad :)

(I got hooked on playing MMO's like this ever since TERA, mostly play GW2 this way as well, works great).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Figured i would try do some early morning leveling, Nope, Queue time!

Aside from the initial downtime and now the Queues. The launch seems to have gone OK. Some things are bugged and that's fine, But for the most part everything seems to be working.

ttocs

This is definitely one of the worst MMO launches I have seen. Tried logging on to a 7 hour queue - seriously? I understand an hour but 7?

Hixx

I've been around for pretty much the launch of every 'next big MMO' after WoW (apart from Elder Scrolls) and to be honest there's only Rift that I would say was notably smoother than this.

They've brought up new realms quickly, hotfixing quickly, constant contact whether it be through forum, stream or twitter... they're doing a good job imo. Definitely not perfect but, there's not many MMOs I've played I've got 6+ hours played on day 1.

arimanius

This is definitely one of the worst MMO launches I have seen. Tried logging on to a 7 hour queue - seriously? I understand an hour but 7?

the queues suck but this has been a really smooth launch once you get in game. I'd much rather them go slow with add servers than have to many and have to consolidate later.

M.Steiner

Finished creating a bunch of characters on Zhur now but keep getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to get ingame. First Watch Dogs, now this! lol.
Think I'll take a break from my PC for a bit but will try and get ingame again when I get back and play for a little while before bed if I can. (Will be on "LuciferSam" most likely).

shigsy

Finished creating a bunch of characters on Zhur now but keep getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to get ingame.....

I had this a couple of times, spawn a second version of the client, let it moan about you having another version of the game open, close the first version, then relogin on the second version. Boom straight in. Not sure if all thats necessary vs a simple alt-f4 and reload but it works consistently for me so hope it helps :)

falastini

I'm still having nameplate issues, both the default and Bijiplates. They randomly appear and disappear at random.

Performance has not improved for me either. I routinely get sub-30 fps on medium settings, which doesn't make any sense. I can play more graphic intensive games on higher settings no problem.

Tokubetsu

I find myself dying a lot (lvl 7 Esper). Am I terrible or are things pretty tough going in the beginning? I'm probably terrible...

I don't want to say you're terrible but im a lvl 9 esper and the few times I've died were definitely because I fucked up (I had UI open and blocked my view, I forgot to use utility shit etc).

If you want idea of the skills I'm using on my bar right now:
http://i5.minus.com/io0ihDzWDZ9Si.jpg

Still figuring this out of course but I like to open with that pet tank skill. If it's gonna be a longer fight than usual I make sure to drop one or two of those spinning blade things inbetween mind blast and that sword move. I have yet to use my class ability because I always forget it exists (R)

joesmokey

I don't want to say you're terrible but im a lvl 9 esper and the few times I've died were definitely because I fucked up (I had UI open and blocked my view, I forgot to use utility shit etc).

If you want idea of the skills I'm using on my bar right now:
http://i5.minus.com/io0ihDzWDZ9Si.jpg

Still figuring this out of course but I like to open with that pet tank skill. If it's gonna be a longer fight than usual I make sure to drop one or two of those spinning blade things inbetween mind blast and that sword move. I have yet to use my class ability because I always forget it exists (R)
I think most of the problem I've been having is probably trying to do Explorer stuff and not knowing how aggro in this game works yet. Tether points are pretty far until they reset.

Hixx

Got to 15 and got my mount and did the pre-quests for the first adventure which I'll look to dip into tomorrow... and start looking for a guild, I suppose. All alone on Ravenous
EuvEO5Z.png

My vision is fucked haha. Played way too much of this today. Everything is so blurry.

I seem to recall for Shadowbane even being able to log on the website to make an account was a privilege for the first couple of days, and then the game was broken for a week. I usually temper my expectations for MMO launches based on that.

Something horrible happened with Anarchy Online too, but I haven't even thought about that game in what feels like a decade.

ValfarHL

Finished creating a bunch of characters on Zhur now but keep getting stuck on the loading screen when trying to get ingame. First Watch Dogs, now this! lol.
Think I'll take a break from my PC for a bit but will try and get ingame again when I get back and play for a little while before bed if I can. (Will be on "LuciferSam" most likely).

That happened to me a couple of times. Just keep trying. :)

M.Steiner

Yep, just got in now.

I had this a couple of times, spawn a second version of the client, let it moan about you having another version of the game open, close the first version, then relogin on the second version. Boom straight in. Not sure if all thats necessary vs a simple alt-f4 and reload but it works consistently for me so hope it helps :)
Will give this a try if I encounter it again, cheers dude :)

Top Bottom