• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Red Comet

What's with the queues people are talking about. I made my character on Orias earlier today and haven't seen a single queue. Actually this has seemed like a pretty smooth launch, on my end at least. The server is down for the next 15 minutes now.

Can someone in Neo Empire shoot me an invite real quick? Character name: Istara.

Sorry, didn't check thread in time. I can give you one after the hotfix if you're still around.

I forgot how amazing housing is. Now that i'm actually invested in a permanent character i spent closet to 45 minutes setting up the sparse furniture i own. I went with the rocket ship house.

Shahadan

can someone post the hot fix? The forums down for me.

Fixed an occasional crash resulting from right clicking to report spam.
Fixed a bug where players who had purchased the game were being placed into the "guest" realm queue.
Fixed an exploit that was allowing some users to bypass the server queue.
Fixed issue causing character create screen to be blank after the queue popped.
The Bag of Awesomeness can now be rebound via the Account Services UI if the player character no longer has the bag in inventory.
Fixed a server crash related to pathing.
Added more cheat detection.

Definitely not fixed but who cares: EU/NA ping pong galore

Anyone else having camera deadzone issues?

It's like there are invisible UI elements in certain areas that won't allow me to right click and turn the camera. A pointer hand cursor shows up in these areas.

can someone post the hot fix? The forums down for me.

• Fixed an occasional crash resulting from right clicking to report spam.
  • Fixed a bug where players who had purchased the game were being placed into the "guest" realm queue.
  • Fixed an exploit that was allowing some users to bypass the server queue.
  • Fixed issue causing character create screen to be blank after the queue popped.
  • The Bag of Awesomeness can now be rebound via the Account Services UI if the player character no longer has the bag in inventory.
  • Fixed a server crash related to pathing.
  • Added more cheat detection.

How are you all doing on money? I couldn't get my mount until level 16 and I have about 3 gold left over now. Everything in this game seems so expensive.

arimanius

Fixed an occasional crash resulting from right clicking to report spam.
Fixed a bug where players who had purchased the game were being placed into the "guest" realm queue.
Fixed an exploit that was allowing some users to bypass the server queue.
Fixed issue causing character create screen to be blank after the queue popped.
The Bag of Awesomeness can now be rebound via the Account Services UI if the player character no longer has the bag in inventory.
Fixed a server crash related to pathing.
Added more cheat detection.

Definitely not fixed but who cares: EU/NA ping pong galore

thank ya thank ya.

ttocs

Well, I finally made it into the game - played for 15 minutes and then the servers go down. FML. Hopefully I don't have to wait 3 hours to get back in again.

Sails

Banned
Yea, I tend to run and jump when running around, which is how I noticed it, lol

Weird, so you basically get the same thing?

What GPU do you have?

I get that occasionally, but not near as bad. I have an R9 270x. I don't think it's the card though, it seems like server sync.

Red Comet

Sorry, didn't check thread in time. I can give you one after the hotfix if you're still around.

I forgot how amazing housing is. Now that i'm actually invested in a permanent character i spent closet to 45 minutes setting up the sparse furniture i own. I went with the rocket ship house.

I'd join as well if you're accepting. Character name is Char on Orias.

How are you all doing on money? I couldn't get my mount until level 16 and I have about 3 gold left over now. Everything in this game seems so expensive.

Still trying to recover from the 10g it cost to make the guild at level 12. Just now managed to get up to around 3g at level 17.

docbon

5 stacks in pvp are a pretty fast way to level if your group is competent.

went from 12 to 14 within an hour. lower levels are even faster.

falastini

It's like there are invisible UI elements in certain areas that won't allow me to right click and turn the camera. A pointer hand cursor shows up in these areas.

You have any addons running? I was using a few quest addons, when I turned them off, the problem went away.

Rokal

I had this problem until I dragged the invisible UI element to a corner.

So far, this has been pretty smooth. I purposefully steered away from the super-crowded severs, so queuing hasn't been an issue yet. I'm not sure what people expect when they choose to go to what is clearly the most crowded one. Queues of 6000+ means that the server is both at maximum capacity (likely 7500-10000 people or thereabouts) and there is almost a server capacity worth of people waiting to get one. Throwing more bandwidth at a server doesn't magically fix the problem, and there is a reason cap. numbers for most modern MMOs are actually slightly below what I listed. EVE is on outlier, because the size of their game world and single server approach allows for a distributed model.

Besides, queues have nothing on FFXIV:ARR launch, in which there was quite literally a period of time in weeks that friends couldn't even make characters on the same servers as each other on top of absurdly long queues because their server caps were in the 1500-2000 person range and they had no logout timer for a bit, so people would just idle in-game forever to avoid having to try to log in.

I get that occasionally, but not near as bad. I have an R9 270x. I don't think it's the card though, it seems like server sync.

So would you say its not anything hardware related for me then?

My ping seems to be 32ms so I didnt think it'd be network related.

Jag

Is it by any chance above the player frame?? Go to the "Interface Menu" via the Escape Menu, go to the "Window" tab and uncheck the movable mark for Vacuum Loot.

That's the issue withe the right clicking. It's the invisible loot window.

If you aren't quite sure if the game looks right for you yet, you can jump in my stream and ask questions. I've just started an exile on Pagos. Not many viewers so I have plenty of time to try things out you might be curious about, or examine interface stuff etc.

Ken

is there a way to make it so that pressing back makes my character turn around and start running in the back direction versus backpedalling?

Teggy

Really enjoying myself so far just taking my time just questing, reading all the lore, doing challenges and exploring. I love the explorer path as I expected. I'm not one to rush to endgame.

The only big problem I'm having right now is with the scaling. At the start of the tutorial I was getting 60 plus FPS, which then dropped to 30 in the hologram area. Then it was pretty good in the starter zone, but the first step off the ship in the main zone it dropped to 15 FPS. The areas with high population kill the frame rate.

I'm also getting bad lag spikes at times which I didn't have during beta.

I also found some of the very early challenges practically impossible to complete. I don't know if they expect you to come back later when you can easily kill the mobs.

Arksy

I specifically remember GW2 was *laggy as fuck* on launch day. It was definitely not smooth at all.

ESO does not have many people playing it.

This game is *laggy as fuck* on launch day. I'm getting 700ms. Way worse than GW2 ever was. At least, being able to play a laggy game is better than not being able to play it at all. Which is the case after a 4k queue. Sigh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My friends and I all said fuck it and jumped to the new pvp server. Blood Sworn

If you are Dominion feel free to add Trenia we plan on getting a decent guild going :)

Bombless

I'm somewhat happy that Support still hasn't fixed my "wrong region account" troubles, I could be getting angry over launch day issues right now. I'll leave them until monday to fix it, I have 3 days off starting then :D

Ferny

This game is *laggy as fuck* on launch day. I'm getting 700ms. Way worse than GW2 ever was. At least, being able to play a laggy game is better than not being able to play it at all. Which is the case after a 4k queue. Sigh.

Did you play on some secret GW2 client I don't know about?

Top Bottom