• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

vivin

I have moved a whole of 3 spots in 1 hour while waiting for widow to open up..(from 6th in queue to 3)this is madness... Worst part was, I was in a queue before, finally got through it, found out somehow I was in a different realm

Anybody know at what level or area you start seeing the other faction?

Really want to play two classes simultaneous but I feel I will burn myself out. Starting sounds uuugghh.

Im in. Thank fuck.

Gotta head out for about an hour pretty soon though since that just chewed up over an hour of my game time. Seriously considering dropping a weight on my W key and leaving myself running against a wall so I can just jump straight back in when I return.

Mastamind

Im in. Thank fuck.

Gotta head out for about an hour pretty soon though since that just chewed up over an hour of my game time. Seriously considering dropping a weight on my W key and leaving myself running against a wall so I can just jump straight back in when I return.

You could always reroll to orias if you have a NA account. No queue.

DrBo42

Any word if they fixed the disappearing pre-order items? Losing that 10 slot bag and my sweet cyborg eyepatch was a crushing moment.

docbon

Arken, if you're dominion, you should totally come pvp with me and get these fa$t level$.

Pub stomping these practice grounds is the way to go. 10-15 minutes per match, and 35%~ of an xp bar per win at level 14. And you get to steamroll aurins like dio brando.

Arken2121

Arken, if you're dominion, you should totally come pvp with me and get these fa$t level$.

Pub stomping these practice grounds is the way to go. 10-15 minutes per match, and 35%~ of an xp bar per win at level 14. And you get to steamroll aurins like dio brando.
I might take you up on it. I'm probably going to race to 50 then PvP but we'll see. Youbon widow?

GAF, help me decide if I should get this game. I have ESO, SWTOR, WOW and GW2. Currently SWTOR is grabbing my most attention for some reason. Really enjoying the story and pacing.

For those who have played, how is the lore of this game? How does the story hold up?

Think I''ll be able to play both swtor and this?

How stable is it?

Uthred

De and then Re activationg 2 step authenticaion finally made the buff and items for it show up in game

For those who have played, how is the lore of this game? How does the story hold up?

Not that far into it yet but the lore is sparse and so far the story feels largely non-existent, there feels like next to narrative impetus to your actions, maybe its better on the Exile side.

De and then Re activationg 2 step authenticaion finally made the buff and items for it show up in game

Not that far into it yet but the lore is sparse and so far the story feels largely non-existent, there feels like next to narrative impetus to your actions, maybe its better on the Exile side.
Thanks, that's a little disappointing but maybe that's because SWTOR takes place in a well established universe and I'm just spoiled. How do you like the gameplay, I was never in the beta. Is the gameplay really as fun as everyone is saying it is?

Uthred

Thanks, that's a little disappointing but maybe that's because SWTOR takes place in a well established universe and I'm just spoiled. How do you like the gameplay, I was never in the beta. Is the gameplay really as fun as everyone is saying it is?

Gameplay is fun, but it feels more like a nice iteration than anything particularly revolutionary, that may change as I get further into it. While an established universe does give SWTOR a leg up its also just flat out better than Wildstar in the way the quests are paced, delivered, etc. The narrative pacing, such as it is, in Wildstar seems really disjointed, each zone has the bare bones of its own story but without any real link to the zones before or after it. The amazingly minimalistic text quest (it feels like you're being tweeted your quests ;) ) doesnt help. If youre interested Im sure there will be plenty of guest passess floating around come Tuesday so grab one of them and give it a go for a week.

Nearly level 8. I ended up exiting the game instead of just running against a wall for however long I am gone, might regret it once I come back and end up in queue but oh well. Soon as I get back I am searching PvP, never got to try it in the beta.

Looking forward to hopefully hitting the adventure tonight.

The world story stuff doesn't really kick off until lv 35.

As was mentioned above, the zone stories don't seem like they are part of an overarching whole that will fit together neatly in terms of a narrative.

There is a good bit of lore and backstory in this game, but it's not presented to you in the quests. You have to find it in the world in the form of books, datacubes and other objects . If you want to get exposed to the most lore possible, you should take the scientist path. As they are always examining objects in the world with their scanbots trying to uncover more information about them.

Disappointed with the seemingly deteriorated latency since beta stress test weekends to early access in Australia. The gameplay does not lend itself to be being friendly to those with high latency i thought it was playable enough in beta, and even though i knew at launch the servers would be hit hard, it is almost unplayable for me.

Disappointed with the seemingly deteriorated latency since beta stress test weekends to early access in Australia. The gameplay does not lend itself to be being friendly to those with high latency i thought it was playable enough in beta, and even though i knew at launch the servers would be hit hard, it is almost unplayable for me.

What is your latency like? Mine is around 270 pretty much constantly, not sure if that's high or low for us Aussies.

Posting from WA.

Shahadan

Looks like they fixed the bouncing EU/NA issue for some peeps manually after they opened a new ticket.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point :lol:
They publicly ignore the issue but it apparently can be fixed without problem. I guess they'll just wait for true launch and it will fix itself. In that case fuck them and I'm gonna ask for a refund.

Won

Looks like they fixed the bouncing EU/NA issue for some peeps manually after they opened a new ticket.
I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this point :lol:
They publicly ignore the issue but it apparently can be fixed without problem. I guess they'll just wait for true launch and it will fix itself. In that case fuck them and I'm gonna ask for a refund.

It's on their issue list since launch. No idea what you mean with "publicly ignore" it.

Shahadan

It's on their issue list since launch. No idea what you mean with "publicly ignore" it.

Yeah "we're investigating" and then almost complete silence, while everything else has been adressed or acknowledged on the forums multiple times. They never gave any info about it and tickets were closed with generic automatic replies. It's largely low priority, and I even understand that, but still.
Everything else has been handled a lot better. Also, tickets were opened for that issue way before headstart, so they had a lot more time to fix it.

I wouldn't mind queuing issues or bugs, I'm used to it and I don't mind, but for now the game is considering I don't even have an account at all.

Uthred

The discs for the Sorcerer in Tera were a little disappointing but at least they used them, the Espers Psyblade seems entirely pointless. You cant draw it, it doesnt move, its a static back decoration. It feels as lazy as it is disappointing.

What is your latency like? Mine is around 270 pretty much constantly, not sure if that's high or low for us Aussies.

Posting from WA.

Yeah im from WA as well and bounce between 260-320 quite a lot. While trash encounters are fine, any difficult encounters or quick reaction encounters i know i am failing sometimes due to latency rather then slow time reaction.

Yeah im from WA as well and bounce between 260-320 quite a lot. While trash encounters are fine, any difficult encounters or quick reaction encounters i know i am failing sometimes due to latency rather then slow time reaction.

Worst thing for me is PvP is pretty difficult to play with this lag.

Worst thing for me is PvP is pretty difficult to play with this lag.

That was always unplayable for me. If you got this game for pvp that is not open world i am sorry to say you will be disappointed because latency kills it. Hoping to get into end game and try that out in my free 30 days to see if latency effects that.

That was always unplayable for me. If you got this game for pvp that is not open world i am sorry to say you will be disappointed because latency kills it. Hoping to get into end game and try that out in my free 30 days to see if latency effects that.

More so for dungeons but PvP along the way to break up the questing was definitely part of my plan.

With any luck we will get an Australian server or at least an Oceanic server hosted outside of US and realm transfer. Though no doubt the population will be low.

Rizzi

ddfIbfZ.jpg
I love how disinterested my character looks.

More so for dungeons but PvP along the way to break up the questing was definitely part of my plan.

With any luck we will get an Australian server or at least an Oceanic server hosted outside of US and realm transfer. Though no doubt the population will be low.

While the latency was nice when SWTOR had Aussie servers the low population killed the severs and in the end they just merged them with US servers again. The latency on SWTOR is manageable though compared to wildstar simply because Wildstar's combat system is much more latency dependant.

demonkaze

So what's the situation with the eu GAF guild at the moment? I have a character on Ravenous but I'd be willing to make a new one on the newest pvp server.

Kuntz

Ok i didn't want to try but now I want to...
Launcher tank / settler seems nice....

Also looks like eu gaf needs a tank

shigsy

Not sure if we have a guild set up yet (I didn't get to play much yesterday) but there's a bunch of us starting to form on Zhur (Exile / PvP) ;)

Gah tempted to re-roll with you guys, I'm on Ascendancy but the queue times are horrific. PVP tho, I know I'll regret it eventually when I want to log in to quest for 30 mins and find myself being ganked constantly. ;)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Gah tempted to re-roll with you guys, I'm on Ascendancy but the queue times are horrific. PVP tho, I know I'll regret it eventually when I want to log in to quest for 30 mins and find myself being ganked constantly. ;)

Do eeeeet! :) We have absolutely 0 queue on Zhur.

NIN90

Anyone know if I can just copy/paste the game files from my laptop to my external HDD and then move them to my PC?

Top Bottom