• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Nokterian

New ENG PVE server is up in the EU. Archon and another called Contagion that one is ENG-PVP.

I am going to Archon for the time being.

Xater

Gonna try again. I think they handed out some guest passes for this? If someone has a spare I would appreciate it it. Really need to try out how it runs before I buy.

Tekniqs

This game actually seems like it could be good. First time im hearing about it.

agreed..very intrigued. Would like to try it out first though before i take the plunge. I've tried time and time to come back to WoW only to burn out within the first week of resubscribing. Not due to raiding or anything. PVP was always my favorite part and I was hoping to gank some guys in world pvp scenario rather than arena/BG

Hixx

3.5 hour queue on Ravenous PVP.

A longer queue than SWTOR.

Was umming and ahhing whether to switch to Zhur or not... looks like I made the right choice. Back up to level 10, Engineer's so fun when you pull groups at a time :D

Hopefully the queue on Zhur isn't too bad after I've had a bit scran.

If you are in and do not have to log out the game is great when you are in, got my medic to 15. My kids got me up at 5am so I actually logged in without a queue.

I clicked on it again 2 hours ago with the idea of maybe it popping at some point tonight

The stories are all over of people waiting 12 hours + only to have the character screen bugged or a rolling restart kick them off and then have to start over

edit: what was the issue with SWTOR? I seriously don't remember having any issues as they staggered the launch times

When SWTOR's launch day finally came around, they had queue issues and had to open a bunch of extra servers, almost exactly like this. Stability was questionable. This was on top of the staggered launch outrage, because there was still a massive flood on the real launch day.

About to hit 10 but all the tradeskills look pretty useless. Like, only bad weapons or armor can be crafted so there is really no point to it essentially at level 50

TheYanger

SWTOR staggered launch led to friends being split up, if you got in earlier than friends you either out levelled them or waited, and you would go in during say, day 2 of staggered launch, not have a queue and feel fine, then 2 days later your server ends up being hyper populated and you have a 3 hour queue and you had no idea, etc. People were like level 40 before their servers had queues and then ended up being pissed.

It was really a terrible system.

H1PSTER

Absolutely loving this game.

I'm unsure why Guild Wars 2 wasn't able to grasp me like this has but I'm really enjoying it.

JLeack

Banned
My friend and I stumbled upon the Steady Traveler shiphand mission last night without knowing what it was. That was the most atmosphere and enjoyable experience we've had in an MMO since vanilla WoW. Absolutely incredible game. I am absolutely in love with this game.

Keasar

So I got a bunch of these account inventory items, how do I know which ones are only one time uses and which are not? Boom-boxes are one time, but what about stuff like these titles, Highwayman's Threads, Flux Hoverboard etc?

Is it this separating line between the boom boxes and the rest of the stuff?

Teggy

What are people doing for gold early on? I was salvaging all my gear for materials, so I got to Illium with only 6 gold, and that's with leaving several abilities unpurchased. I think I'll have to sell my looted gear for a while to make some money.

Hixx

What are people doing for gold early on? I was salvaging all my gear for materials, so I got to Illium with only 6 gold, and that's with leaving several abilities unpurchased. I think I'll have to sell my looted gear for a while to make some money.

Not scavenging :p

If you're really interested in getting the mount at 15, keep an eye on any Decor you pick up. Some are worth over 1 gold even just vendored.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm afraid to redeem my bonuses on my main character because he's on Pergo and I can't get on there very easily.

I guess I'll just keep leveling my characters on Orias (I hate Dominion, but I do have a Chua named "Thumb").

Though, I'll check the thread and see if there's Exiles on another PvP server.

Impulse bought this last night despite knowing nothing about it, played through to level 7 and absolutely loving it. Burnt out on MMO's years and years ago but this might just be different and fun enough (love the art style too) that I stay subbed. Helps that i've got a big group of friends playing it aswell. Lots of queuing tonight - I take that as a good sign!

Bry0

Is it worth me bothering to pick this game up if I don't want to commit to raiding? Anything to do at max level at my own pace? I always felt that playing a game on a schedule is silly.
Looks so awesome, just not sure if the devs have anything for people like me to do at the endgame.

JLeack

Banned
Is it worth me bothering to pick this game up if I don't want to commit to raiding? Anything to do at max level at my own pace? I always felt that playing a game on a schedule is silly.
Looks so awesome, just not sure if the devs have anything for people like me to do at the endgame.

I was a top tier raider back in Vanilla WoW but haven't raided since and have played every expansion. This game has just as much content if not more. Raiding is so hard int his game that the percentage of raiders will be less than WoW, anyways.

vesp

Anyone know a way to get the basic medic attack to work on right click? Kinda annoying having to spam the number key for the filler ability

Yeh I get the same, but only when really turning quite sharply and jumping - something I just dont tend to naturally do. Presumably if you just jump/double jump in a straight line you dont get the glitching? I have a GTX460.

So, I've managed to figure out its related to the "Max Camera Distance" Value.

Not sure why, but if I set it to the lowest, 8, it doesnt happen at all.

shigsy

So, I've managed to figure out its related to the "Max Camera Distance" Value.

Not sure why, but if I set it to the lowest, 8, it doesnt happen at all.

I haven't noticed it in all my play time since yesterday. You're mental :p

Glad you've sorted it tho - I just tried what you said and that does indeed seem to fix it :)

Nokterian

Anyone on the new PVE realm Archon in EU? I am going when i am level 12 create another gaf guild there. You can finde me on the exile side named : Fadera

I haven't noticed it in all my play time since yesterday. You're mental :p

Glad you've sorted it tho - I just tried what you said and that does indeed seem to fix it :)

Well...
I did a fresh format of Windows today just to make sure it wasnt anything with my PC.

A bit extreme I know, but I didnt mind doing it!

I've reported it to them in a ticket so will see what they say!

Won

Pushed myself to 20. Gonna take things slower now.

Game, besides some technical hiccups, is great so far. Crafting and housing especially are both fun. Carbine seems to be a studio that actually has some good ideas to make things interesting instead of just streamlining the crap out the genre.

Need to dive into the decor vendor and AH next. The house itself is still so damn empty.

Tendo

Same problem as beta. Torn between engi and warrior as a main. :( probably sticking warrior for now. Having a blast so far and can't wait to have more time to play with everyone on orias!

Top Bottom