• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Sails

Banned
So would you say its not anything hardware related for me then?

My ping seems to be 32ms so I didnt think it'd be network related.

Mine is quite low too, it did this during beta as well when population was low and there was no server latency. I can't say for sure it's network related but the fact is that it doesn't occur all of the time so I question it being a client issue.

Hoplatee

I am having such a hard time deciding on what healer to play. I do not really like the melee aspect of the Medic so I can forget about that one.

Anyone here that experience with both Esper and Spellslinger and could give me some opinion on what you liked better? I am not really interested in 'Oh class x heals 0.5% better!' but in how fun it is. The Spellslinger seems like tons of fun but I fear the Spell Surge ability might make it pretty confusing at times.

aka_bueno

the group im playing with all jumped ship from Pergo, no one wants to deal with those queue times to get back in. So now we're starting over on a newer PvP server.

This whole thing has been a mess so far, taking out the fun of the headstart for me. Why they left some servers the same name as open beta I don't know...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I hope you guys asking weren't in game, because they were spamming about the servers going down. =p

I guess I've been lucky, I couldn't play till late tonight. Bar the extra patch and hotfix, no problems getting onto absolution at all, though that could be because I'm choosing to play when people might be sleeping I guess.

Game runs a bit smoother for me than it did in beta. Bar that Wildstar can't seem to quit right on Windows 8, it takes forever after countdown but not sure if that's my laptop taking it's sweet time or something.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I guess I've been lucky, I couldn't play till late tonight. Bar the extra patch and hotfix, no problems getting onto absolution at all, though that could be because I'm choosing to play when people might be sleeping I guess.

Game runs a bit smoother for me than it did in beta. Bar that Wildstar can't seem to quit right on Windows 8, it takes forever after countdown but not sure if that's my laptop taking it's sweet time or something.

It's fine for me on win 8, 64, well win 8.1.

LtOrange

Was in Queue for the last 2 hours and finall get in....10 minutes later they bring the Widow down and I am number 800 in line. I love the game, but this is absolutely insane!

I'm thinking of checking this out but those long ques are making me hold off for now. Out of curiosity, is this going to be available on Steam at any point?

Nirran

Another NA pvp server going up. Name is Rowsdower. I've gotten 0 playtime tonight trying to get on Pergo. Really tempted to jump ship as I don't have a lot of time this weekend to play so queue times are killing it for me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Haha I haven't seen queues in an MMO for some time, since like Warhammer days. Finally get home and jump onto Widow with a queue of over 8 hours. Time to go play The Forest while I wait!

Is it just me or did they buff the hell out of Grond the Corpsemaker, the boar boss? He has insane health now and he hits hard as hell.

Definity

Back home from going out and right into the queue I go!
Not sure who shared the G13 profile earlier in the thread but thanks!
Gave me a good head start on my controls.

Arken2121

My pug couldn't get get him down pass 40% health before I was almost out of focus. He needed a buff but fuck, he is like a titan right now.
Awesome. Only because we need hard bosses that kick our asses. Bring on the pain! Also, soon as I get off work I'll be doing my first 24 hour stream. Can't wait!

Alur

I'm on Orias Exile side playing with a friend. We keep having issues loading into other areas. Completed tutorial and took the ship to the first real zone, game crashed for both of us. I got straight back in but he's hit the loading screen 3 times in a row before getting in. I assume it's just all the people hitting it at once, but it is annoying. Not sure what they can do now, though.

33minute queue for Widow. Was expecting worse.

I am new to MMO's so sorry if this is a dumb question. Do they expand the max player count per server shortly after release to get rid of queue times or do they just count on people moving server/people that don't play more then a week?

EDIT: Just increased to 1hour6min :(

EDIT 2: Now 2 hours. Torn between waiting the two hours to continue with my Chua I made last night or change to the PvE Oceanic realm and work on a second toon.

timkunedo

Playing on Mikros all day and haven't had a single second of queue time. Game is brilliant. Having lots of fun as a Mordesh Medic and an Aurin Spellslinger. Die Dommie scum!

joesmokey

So, I'm definitely an idiot...

I realized I was playing this game wrong all day. I never saw the quest level number in brackets at the end of the quest because I guess they were too hard for me to read/see. That explains why I kept dying and finding mission tracks that were 2-3 quest levels ahead of me.

Fun times...

The Q is really long. Didn't think it would be this bad and this is the pre-order phase. If this is the norm I might change servers.

33minute queue for Widow. Was expecting worse.

I am new to MMO's so sorry if this is a dumb question. Do they expand the max player count per server shortly after release to get rid of queue times or do they just count on people moving server/people that don't play more then a week?

EDIT: Just increased to 1hour6min :(

EDIT 2: Now 2 hours. Torn between waiting the two hours to continue with my Chua I made last night or change to the PvE Oceanic realm and work on a second toon.

Generally you don't see server population counts increasing unless server architecture changes are made. Wouldn't say never but SWTOR did do it about 8-12 months in.

Generally you don't see server population counts increasing unless server architecture changes are made. Wouldn't say never but SWTOR did do it about 8-12 months in.

Hm ok thanks. I might have to abandon Widow it seems. I am sure its bugged but after switching realms for 10minutes or so Widow now has 75hour queue lol.

Nirran

Logged in on Pergo since 9:10 and still on Q.
Position on Q 1102 and estimated time is approx 3 hours. Says the realm is full.

Yep in queue for Pergo as well. Started at 3400 around 2 and a half hours ago. Down to 400 so I'll be in soon thankfully. Curious to see how the queues look for the next few days and what they continue to do.

Top Bottom