• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm not used to playing with kids anymore. I was bored with the starter area after having done it like 10 times, so I decided to level a char in Walatiki. A lot of immature stuff in those chatrooms.

But man, Walatiki is fun. I really enjoy PvP in this game.

Tekniqs

so tempted to get this game lol.
but I think i'll wait it out until the que's calm down. Anyone have a guess trial I can bum off of them?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
so tempted to get this game lol.
but I think i'll wait it out until the que's calm down. Anyone have a guess trial I can bum off of them?

Queues aren't really an issue unless you want to play on any PvP except the newest.

They do suck though, as I can't really get at my main and may just have to create another one on Orias (PvE) so I can start redeeming my beta/pre-order rewards.

Einbroch

Banned
Level 15, messed around with some crafting and housing, but now I'm done for the weekend.

Good times! Walatiki > Blood-whatever, though. The second battleground is simply not as fun. But I guess that makes sense as WSG was by far the best battleground in WoW.

Tekniqs

Queues aren't really an issue unless you want to play on any PvP except the newest.

They do suck though, as I can't really get at my main and may just have to create another one on Orias (PvE) so I can start redeeming my beta/pre-order rewards.

it's pvp or bust for me so it'll have to be a pvp server.

Nokterian

Your pre order and beta stuff/Digital Deluxe edition is available account wide. Doesn't matter what realm you are on and what char you made.

Yoday

I have yet to see a single queue. I am playing on the NA RP server. Everything has been pretty smooth aside from the late start.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
From the OT nothing separates this game from other MMORPGs. Can anyone tell my why y'all are so excited?
I was wondering also and didn't play in beta. Combat in this game is extremely fresh, very fluid and IMHO unlike any other MMO. If they can keep pvp balance for classes I am willing to bet this game takes off big time in the streaming community for end game PvE and pvp. Outside of combat yeah it's very similar to many other MMOs.

HowZatOZ

Banned
From the OT nothing separates this game from other MMORPGs. Can anyone tell my why y'all are so excited?

Customisation is a big key to WildStar and separating itself from other MMOs. Carbine wants you to feel unique in how you create your character's journey, be it through class choices, house choices, PvP and even PvE dungeon/raiding.

One of the key differences is the content for me. WildStar straight out of the door has more content than any other MMO I've seen. We have these huge, luscious zones filled to the brim with things going on, and then we have dungeons, hard-mode dungeons, adventures that let you choose your own style of play, raiding and PvP. PvP is broken up into battlegrounds, arenas, warplots and world PvP meaning you won't ever be "bored" from just doing PvP, and you can level purely through that avenue.

WildStar has a lot of potential to be the next big MMO because it is big, and not just in size of the content but in its scope of longevity. This I think will help it survive far longer than your typical MMO that has come out in the last five to six years.

Yeah already losing momentum in this game and i am only level 18. The latency is just so bad - think i might wait a few days till after launch and come back and hope it has improved because i am simply dying due to no fault of my own and it is incredibly frustrating.

Somnia

Note everyone: there IS a memory leak, if your frames go to shit after awhile (I average 40-50 normally everywhere) and you start getting 15-25 check your task manager and see how the memory is on the game. It can get bad, reset your entire client and make sure it leaves task manager before rebooting.

Somnia

Yeah already losing momentum in this game and i am only level 18. The latency is just so bad - think i might wait a few days till after launch and come back and hope it has improved because i am simply dying due to no fault of my own and it is incredibly frustrating.

Odd, not really having that issue here. There's been a few lag spikes other wise it's smooth as fuck despite the memory leak and queue's.

Odd, not really having that issue here. There's been a few lag spikes other wise it's smooth as fuck despite the memory leak and queue's.

Same here, had a couple of queues but that aside it's easily the smoothest MMO launch I've ever seen. And there's so much content, and the combat is actually fun!

HowZatOZ

Banned
Was 150 in queue before my Telstra Cable cut out. FML. For any Aussies, I've been getting about 240ms on average, PvP is actually reasonable with some slight pre-aiming.

squadr0n

Anyone have an extra trail code that i can use. Im seriously interested in this game but im just afraid of the 60$ price after wasting my money on Watchdogs and TESO.

Customisation is a big key to WildStar and separating itself from other MMOs. Carbine wants you to feel unique in how you create your character's journey, be it through class choices, house choices, PvP and even PvE dungeon/raiding.

One of the key differences is the for me. WildStar straight out of the door has more than any other MMO I've seen. We have these huge, luscious zones filled to the brim with things going on, and then we have dungeons, hard-mode dungeons, adventures that let you choose your own style of play, raiding and PvP. PvP is broken up into battlegrounds, arenas, warplots and world PvP meaning you won't ever be "bored" from just doing PvP, and you can level purely through that avenue.

WildStar has a lot of potential to be the next big MMO because it is big, and not just in size of the but in its scope of longevity. This I think will help it survive far longer than your typical MMO that has come out in the last five to six years.

Bingo. Except for the quest design, it's not gamer bribery. Their interviews and blog posts prove it. That's RARE.

Anyone got kicked out of the server? It is stuck at retrieving account information. Read on the official forums that other people are having the same issue. I just don't want to wait for the 3 hour Q ... QQ.

Repgnar

Got a question if someone could answer. Going back home in about two weeks to spend some time with my family. My brother and I are thinking about picking this up when I get there to mess around with and then be able to play with once I leave. Can we jump straight into pvp/dungeons off the bat or do we have to level up to 10 or something?

Queue for two hours, start playing right after Game of Thrones over... play for 15 minutes... disconnected from server and now can't get past "retrieving account information" on logout.

gg carbine.

TheYanger

Got a question if someone could answer. Going back home in about two weeks to spend some time with my family. My brother and I are thinking about picking this up when I get there to mess around with and then be able to play with once I leave. Can we jump straight into pvp/dungeons off the bat or do we have to level up to 10 or something?

pvp at 6, first dungeon at 20

At level 15 you unlock Adventure. (Dungeon-y with multiple paths to choose)

Was 150 in queue before my Telstra Cable cut out. FML. For any Aussies, I've been getting about 240ms on average, PvP is actually reasonable with some slight pre-aiming.

Wish i could report the same but you must be on East Coast if your getting 240 because i have not seen anywhere near that in WA, normally hovering around 270-300 and PVP is almost unplayable.

Still hoping that comes down after launch but...

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wish i could report the same but you must be on East Coast if your getting 240 because i have not seen anywhere near that in WA, normally hovering around 270-300 and PVP is almost unplayable.

Still hoping that comes down after launch but...
Yeah Brisbane side. I'm going to look into tunneling just to see what ping I can get out of that, but hopefully someday we'll have proper oceanic servers. Maybe I can convince Mammoth to house servers :-D

Jarnet87

Today I got to do that first Shiphand Mission which was cool. Loved how Alien inspired it was and how atmospheric it was as someone said. Then got to do the first Adventure. We got our asses kicked in in but was a lot of fun, and it's pretty cool that you can mix it up with different ways to complete the mission. Been a really fun opening weekend.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I shouldn't have bought this game, it sucks
all the time from everything I want to play right now because it's awesome.

Same thing happening here man. Posted the same thing about an hour after we were discussing the lag last night.

Sydney and Melb appear to be getting around 190ms which would be amazing compared to this 280ms shit.

joesmokey

I finally made it out of the damn starting zone. Definitely got to be a drag to finish about half-way through.

I regret trying to level up tailoring because everything in this game is a money pit. Need to save up now to finally get a mount.

So far I'm definitely having fun with the game, though quest management is becoming a real pain. Trying to micromanage quests along with explorer points of interest is pretty tiresome and not something I have been great at doing. I usually end up doing a lot of extra traversing back and forth.

spacebear

I
So far I'm definitely having fun with the game, though quest management is becoming a real pain. Trying to micromanage quests along with explorer points of interest is pretty tiresome and not something I have been great at doing. I usually end up doing a lot of extra traversing back and forth.

I just hit 20 and I have to say this is my biggest issue. It feels like I spend more time micromanaging my quests and walking than actually doing the quests.

Kalnos

Banned
Level 15, messed around with some crafting and housing, but now I'm done for the weekend.

Good times! Walatiki > Blood-whatever, though. The second battleground is simply not as fun. But I guess that makes sense as WSG was by far the best battleground in WoW.

Doing it at level 15 probably won't give you the best impression though since it's 15-29.

Top Bottom