• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

npanciroli

Neo Member
Wished I could have played more but really enjoying my level 7 Draken Stalker. Still some stuff I really don't understand but so much fun discovering it all. Can't wait to start tanking dungeons. Really impressed by the level of polish.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whelp there is definitely some graphical craziness going on, I'm running a GTX 770 4GB model and averaging at about 45 FPS with everything high bar shadows which are off. Tweaking things really changes nothing, even putting texture quality to lowest setting gives me a measly 2 FPS.

RAM usage is crazy high as others have pointed out, so a memory leak is most likely the case there. CPU-wise WildStar is using a total of 20% of my i7 3770k, so the devs seem to have no bothered with sharing the load. What is weird as well is of my 8GB RAM, only 2.5GB is being used by WildStar, not sure if that is of any significance.

Definitely some optimisations in order, I go to about 25-30FPS when in towns, have yet to go into a capital but I'm dreading that.

zonq

had the game in my 'cart' on GMG but couldn't pull the trigger. These que times are a bit off putting at the moment.

Even though the servers are currently pretty full, that's part of Carbine's philosophy (even though that sounds dumb at first). They don't want empty servers, so they're pretty quick at opening up new realms, once they're all plagued by queues. On reddit they responded that they're currently working on a concept like free server transfers.

So during open beta I played Dominion so I didn't ruin the Exile experience come headstart but I enjoyed the Dominion zone Ellevar so much more than Algoroc.

I mean you had the Pell betrayal, augmentation storyline and alien invasion ending. Algoroc got good for me with the Eldan facility and that was it.

Does the Exile experience get any better after Algoroc or should I roll Dominion?

Nudull

Banned
Does NCSoft usually put out game/subscription cards? I'm tempted to try this game, but I'm likely to bail if they don't.

Mastamind

Note everyone: there IS a memory leak, if your frames go to shit after awhile (I average 40-50 normally everywhere) and you start getting 15-25 check your task manager and see how the memory is on the game. It can get bad, reset your entire client and make sure it leaves task manager before rebooting.

7.8gb after a few hours isnt that bad right....right?

Bry0

Decided to pull the trigger, I was going to wait for E3 as i sense an expensive holiday incoming, but meh, whatever. Can't wait to hop in as I'm hearing a lot of good things.

Tankshell

Any fellow EU GAF still playing on Ascendency? Don't want to play on much further if all PVE GAF will be on a different server...

Also, I'm not really looking to join a PVP server, had bad experiences with them in the past :)

If anyone else is still on/planning to PVE on Ascendency then please feel free to add me: "RedSolace".

Cheers.

Finally bought my first new skill at 12. Pretty much spent nothing until I had enough for my mount, now I can finally start getting skills etc.

TheYanger

The funny part is your money situation gets comically easy once you hit 20ish. I scrimped and saved to get a mount by like, level 13 or 14, and now at 25 I've got well over 40 gold.

The funny part is your money situation gets comically easy once you hit 20ish. I scrimped and saved to get a mount by like, level 13 or 14, and now at 25 I've got well over 40 gold.

Nice. Don't need money for a Hoverboard myself either.

Was wondering if you'd manage to play or not, haven't been on bnet.

Lag is terrible for me hey :(

gocubs

from the official forums:

All WildStar realms will be brought down on June 2nd, 2014 at 2:00AM PDT / 9:00AM UTC for Hotfix and server maintenance. The expected downtime is approximately 2 hours.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sweet Tunesmith, I'm playing there as well. I'll hit you up in a couple of hours, got an ingame name for me?
(Fonds from Diablo 3 guild btw ;) )

Nice! Are you Exile or Dominion though? We have a guild on the Exile side (Neo Exiles). Not all members are listed there but most can invite to the guild.

Maybe friendly for now whilst the game is new and everyone is still focused on levelling.... but when more people start to hit endgame, and run out of things to do, well... :)
Wave you SEEN Warplots!? ;)

TheYanger

Nice. Don't need money for a Hoverboard myself either.

Was wondering if you'd manage to play or not, haven't been on bnet.

Lag is terrible for me hey :(

Yeah my computer is dying, well, my hard drive. Had to rush and get another just to play the game and haven't wanted to start from scratch so, game runs ok but the rest is dogshit as my normal HD dies. Ergo, closing everything else.
Can add me as an account friend in WS (really anyone from gaf can idc) at theyanger at gmail.com. I'm on Stormtalon dominion for anyone who just wants to shoot the shit too.

deleted

Is there a good stream out there or some good reviews that are popping up? The game looks interesting, but I'm not a MMO player. Just wanna find out more about this..

Uthred

The game feels like it lacks polish in some areas, or has confused being deliberately obtuse with mystery. Its fine not to have the game hold your hand but even a cursory explanation of combat or crafting would have been appreciated.

Mr. Desu

Played a bit in early beta's but wasn't really feeling it... Have they made improvements over the past long while? I don't want to touch it and not like it. Not in my budget.

Veive257

Neo Member
I understand that paying for an MMO doesn't mean you get to play it at launch, and the 30 days included ticks away regardless. Somehow going through this is like earning a badge of honor, and I'm just too weak or don't have the stomach for it, but I wanted to give anyone interested a heads-up:

Amazon is kindly processing refunds for pre-orders (at least in the US) - I started a ticket on the wildstar help page to cancel and they suggested that I do it through the retailer too, seems to work ok.

Good luck to all - I'll try again in the future since this game does have potential.

Bombless

You lucky people. I still can't use my damn game code because of the "wrong region" bug. Apparently they need to flag each account manually. This is going to take forever.

Jarnet87

Is there a good stream out there or some good reviews that are popping up? The game looks interesting, but I'm not a MMO player. Just wanna find out more about this..

Towelliee. I think he runs a pretty entertaining stream, and interacts with streams by talking/answering questions and playing with them in game. Last time I checked he was lvl 31 so you'd be watching him do some mid-high game content.

Playing on Warbringer, maximum I've had to weight is probably 20 minutes. Max number in the queue was like 800 and said it would take an hour and a half, but goes a lot quicker. Should be even quicker now with that hot fix to help kick inactive players.

erragal

A 5 hour queue mostly results in about an hour long wait in practice.

Yeah my buddy and I took our dinner break last night arnd 6. I got in queue at 6:26 with 1550 ppl. It told me 5 hours and I was in at 7:40.

Launch is going to be curious. Will they just plain lock the headstart servers? Evening queues on pergo/widow tomorrow night could be dire.

BTW: This game is stunning.

erragal

I just hit 20 and I have to say this is my biggest issue. It feels like I spend more time micromanaging my quests and walking than actually doing the quests.

Here's the key: Don't be obsessed with everu task. Hit a hub, -collect- everything...then follow the Zone/world/regional stories. Complete tasks/path content that intersects with that. If you miss a task its likely not a big deal. We ignored am entire hub and at least 20+ tasks in Auroria and I'm only 1200 rep from max.

With shipyards, dungeons, even pvp you have so many ways to gain xp that thevkey is to realize you only have to do what you -want- to do. This game will probably ruin ultra completionists lives though. There is an overwhelming amount of content.

Top Bottom