• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I joined an exile guild on here, they seem pretty cool

Send me a PM if you are looking for a guild (I will be online about 9pm est..queues willing) and I will ask an officer for an invite

Kanuck in game (Granok Medic)

What guild? Somehow I already joined a guild but I am not tied to them... just felt... alone.. gah..

so sad coming from FFXIV where the NA server there (Ultros) is crazy swarming with GAF. Unfortunately most here (PvP or PvE) seem interested in the stupid lousy good for nothing Dominion. Bunch of chipmunk lovers the lot of 'em.

aka_bueno

So are there any other Exile on Pergo? I am thinking a made the biggest mistake ever. No one from GAF to play with and stupid queue times...... gahhh...

Sadly I love the character and have about 4-6 hours on him. but I'm almost thinking I should reroll on a GAF server like Orias.

I know my buddies and I, and the entire guild my buddy was in (all Exiles on Pergo) jumped ship. No one wanted to deal with those queue times.

EDIT: What's Pergo like now?

Dunlop

What guild? Somehow I already joined a guild but I am not tied to them... just felt... alone.. gah..

so sad coming from FFXIV where the NA server there (Ultros) is crazy swarming with GAF. Unfortunately most here (PvP or PvE) seem interested in the stupid lousy good for nothing Dominion. Bunch of chipmunk lovers the lot of 'em.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/...e-raiding-competitive-pvp-mature-environment/

Was in the same boat, didn't know anyone and wanted to run Exile

queue is smaller, but likely because many people are at work/school

Won

Gave the dungeons a try. Damn. Kel Vorath turned out ok, but Stormtalon's Lair ended up being a disaster. Tank always died on the second boss.

They are not pulling any punches with them. But Carbine really needs the nameplate issues sorted out. Don't feel like tanking myself as long that doesn't work properly.

Nirran

I know my buddies and I, and the entire guild my buddy was in (all Exiles on Pergo) jumped ship. No one wanted to deal with those queue times.

Today hasn't been bad other than it's really laggy in combat I'm noticing. I got on today around noon est with no queue for once which was surprising.

Hit level 20 almost 21 on esper. Looking forward to hitting some dungeons later on to try out healing. I've done a little here and there during group fights but never full heals yet.

Somnia

Today hasn't been bad other than it's really laggy in combat I'm noticing. I got on today around noon est with no queue for once which was surprising.

Hit level 20 almost 21 on esper. Looking forward to hitting some dungeons later on to try out healing. I've done a little here and there during group fights but never full heals yet.

Have fun healing one for you first time *evil cackle*

Dunlop

I was thinking of nothing but my Esper in beta as I healed StormTalon on my medic. The ability to focus cast, easily recognizable AOE and shield (armor) spells would have made it "easier" (dungeon is hard regardless)

We finished the run but the tank went down at least half a dozen times overall. I love the challenge after so many easy mode games but damn.

The killer is the short range and that tanks have to dodge frequently. I would throw out barrier (which was bugged and you could not see the telegraph) only to have the tank leap away and then not know where it was and lose the great heal and puts it on a 30 sec CD

Somnia

I was thinking of nothing but my Esper in beta as I healed StormTalon on my medic. The ability to focus cast, easily recognizable AOE and shield (armor) spells would have made it "easier" (dungeon is hard regardless)

We finished the run but the tank went down at least half a dozen times overall. I love the challenge after so many easy mode games but damn.

The killer is the short range and that tanks have to dodge frequently. I would throw out barrier (which was bugged and you could not see the telegraph) only to have the tank leap away and then not know where it was and lose the great heal and puts it on a 30 sec CD

Make sure you tell your DPSer's they need to learn to go into the green telegraphs for heals as a medic you need to be aiming and focusing on the tank full time. This is part of their responsibility and they better get use to it now.

Medic's are more built for "raid" not main tank healing due to our large aoe's.

Nirran

Yeah I've heard healing in this game is a challenge early on and I welcome that. Healing lately in WoW and FFXIV have been mostly easy and boring give or take a few things. I look forward to this challenge. I have a full set of support gear ready and the main amps for healing in T2 support.

erragal

Start practicing tank mirroring if you want to keep medic healing. You have looser positioning requirements than the tank so you need to constantly be adapting to him and your dps. Nothing you do is interrupted by movement.

It helps if the tank is clever and doesn't choose bad positions to roll into of course. Medic is a crazy high workrate healing class; learn the 'grace' range on your various telegraphs too in low throughput moments to maximize youe targets, positioning.

Oh and facing matters too. Know the geometry of your tools and how a slight facing shift can make crisis wave cover 7 extra meters at the corner + grace range.

Teggy

Everyone loves a hero.
hero.png~original

HowZatOZ

Banned
is it wise to level as a tank?

Well you can rather easily re-spec on the fly so it doesn't seem to matter too much what style you pick while levelling. The dungeons as you level don't seem to require you to be a complete tanking spec to actually finish them, just that you have some good agro abilities and a bit of the tanking stats.

Hyunashi

First dungeon complete but was a terrible, terrible experience. I really like the game, but I realised I dont really miss the trinity as much as I thought when pugging.
How can a tank continually die like that -_-

Jira

First dungeon complete but was a terrible, terrible experience. I really like the game, but I realised I dont really miss the trinity as much as I thought when pugging.
How can a tank continually die like that -_-

Shit just hits hard. You can have the absolute best support weapon for your level, best random gear with HP/armor/shield on it, and a correct mitigation rotation and still get stomped. DPS need to learn that interrupts are VERY, VERY important to the point where stuff is unkillable without them. Every single DPS needs at least 1 interrupt on their bar and to ONLY use it when interrupting.

Shit just hits hard. You can have the absolute best support weapon for your level, best random gear with HP/armor/shield on it, and a correct mitigation rotation and still get stomped. DPS need to learn that interrupts are VERY, VERY important to the point where stuff is unkillable without them. Every single DPS needs at least 1 interrupt on their bar and to ONLY use it when interrupting.

Tru dat. It ain't just a tank 'n healer guided AoE tour again, kids.

falastini

Is there any way to save a gear set? It's nice that they let you swap abilities, but managing two sets of gear is annoying.

Also, how do you get back into an instance when you get disconnected? I was in the middle of an adventure when the client crashed. I couldn't find an option to get back once I logged back on.

borghe

ugghh.. so annoyed.. wondering if I should just bail from Pergo now or wait to see queues go down. Luckily I had stuff to do tonight but I am still looking at an hour queue with nothing but time to kill now... but to give up 13 levels.. man...

Ended the weekend at Level 14. Not nearly as far as I would have liked to have gotten but good enough for a casual like me. Combination of crazy queue times and also bad lag led to a lot less play time then I first intended.

Got a week off next week which will really decide whether I continue to re sub or not. Will be nothing against the game if I don't though, I am quite enjoying my time even just questing, tried a little bit of PvP but it didn't work out too well. It's quite depressing when you post in chat for someone to assist with a 2+ man mini boss or something and you get a response like, "he's easy to solo". Then I just die 5 times because my latency is too high to do it. This is what will decide whether I re-sub or not, whether I can do a dungeon with 280ms-330ms latency. I doubt it.

Jira

Ended the weekend at Level 14. Not nearly as far as I would have liked to have gotten but good enough for a casual like me. Combination of crazy queue times and also bad lag led to a lot less play time then I first intended.

Got a week off next week which will really decide whether I continue to re sub or not. Will be nothing against the game if I don't though, I am quite enjoying my time even just questing, tried a little bit of PvP but it didn't work out too well. It's quite depressing when you post in chat for someone to assist with a 2+ man mini boss or something and you get a response like, "he's easy to solo". Then I just die 5 times because my latency is too high to do it. This is what will decide whether I re-sub or not, whether I can do a dungeon with 280ms latency. I doubt it.

'

Yeah a single missed telegraph can nearly oneshot someone other than a tank in the first dungeons.

Yeah a single missed telegraph can nearly oneshot someone other than a tank in the first dungeons.

That's it. Made worse when you are out of the telegraph range but if you don't get out really early there's a chance youll still take the damage.

Is there a way to reset my professions? I don't know if I mis read the text but it felt like the game forced me to take cooking which I don't want.

Einbroch

Banned
That's it. Made worse when you are out of the telegraph range but if you don't get out really early there's a chance youll still take the damage.

Is there a way to reset my professions? I don't know if I mis read the text but it felt like the game forced me to take cooking which I don't want.

Cooking is free for everyone. It doesn't take up a slot. But yes, you can change professions at the trainer.

Jira

Yeah I was outside of a telegraph when it went off earlier in a dungeon and still got hit.

borghe

Yeah I was outside of a telegraph when it went off earlier in a dungeon and still got hit.

not sure if there is a consistency.. but yeah there are cast time telegraphs and channeled ones. cast time means if you get out of there in time you won't get hit. channeled means you WILL get hit but you need to get out to not take a second tick.

also not sure but FFXIV on a telegraph (only cast time in that game) if you are in the telegraph after the cast time finishes but BEFORE the animation, you will still get hit. all that matters in that game is where you are at the end of the cast bar. not sure if this game is the same.

docbon

two-shot the new grond corpsemaker on my first guild run. whole run was <90 minutes.

ez game

i can see it being a nightmare with pugs.

arimanius

So I'm rerolling from engineer to warrior. Might as well switch to a pvp server too. Any US exile on Warbringer or did I pick dull server?

I played the closed and open betas - had my digital deluxe all ready to go, and even stopped playing so I didn't ruin my experience - but then I pulled out. All the talk of 20/40 man raids, and big pvp, got me scared as a casual MMO player. The sub was already pushing it for me, but the level of commitment that seemed like it would require from me, scared me off.

It's more the case of not being able to do those things consistently, due to time, money or latency related issues (Australia) - I loved the game so much I didn't want to miss out on any of it, but I couldn't justify paying for the game + sub, and only playing casual. :(

Did the first instance and it was TERRIBLE. In the end i got booted because apparently i can't dodge the telegraphs causing us to wipe. I have a 280-300MS latency and for me it has killed the game entirely. I play top tier instance content in other MMO's like SWTOR (Nightmare Ops) and WOW and there are 0 problems caused by ping.

Even if Carbine came out tomorrow and said hey we are launching Aussie servers i would be slightly hesitant because it would mean again dealing with the disappointment when they would eventually close down because of disgustingly low population. So it is really catch 22. Low Populatipon with Low Ping or High Population with Unplayable Ping...

Oh well - enjoy guys.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Don't do what I did and rapidly change professions to get the achievements, you'll be locked out from changing professions for three days. I'm stuck with tailoring which I don't realllly need as a tank.

Does anyone else have issues with quest icons/numbers on the big map(M) not matching up with the normal quest list on the right side of the main interface? Like for example I open the minimap and hover over what is labelled quest 1 but its completely different to what quest 1 is in my main list. Kind of annoying.

I also cannot redeem boom boxes at the moment as it throws up an error about the carbine made inventory addon? lol.

Don't do what I did and rapidly change professions to get the achievements, you'll be locked out from changing professions for three days. I'm stuck with tailoring which I don't realllly need as a tank.

Na i'm not. I wanted to do weaponsmith which says pairs up well with being a miner but I swear I couldn't choose two more after cooking. I will have to go look again, I was pretty tired at the time.

Did the first instance and it was TERRIBLE. In the end i got booted because apparently i can't dodge the telegraphs causing us to wipe. I have a 280-300MS latency and for me it has killed the game entirely. I play top tier instance content in other MMO's like SWTOR (Nightmare Ops) and WOW and there are 0 problems caused by ping.

Even if Carbine came out tomorrow and said hey we are launching Aussie servers i would be slightly hesitant because it would mean again dealing with the disappointment when they would eventually close down because of disgustingly low population. So it is really catch 22. Low Populatipon with Low Ping or High Population with Unplayable Ping...

Oh well - enjoy guys.

Damn, this does not bode well for my concerns posted a short while ago. This game not meant for us Aussies.

joesmokey

Logged in after work for a bit today but I'm not really feeling it. I'm waiting for this to open up a little and not feel so grindy (lvl 15).

Edit: I think maybe playing Esper is my main problem as I don't think I'm enjoying it too much (it's not the casting damage class I wanted). Lately it seems all I do is stare at the psi counter so that I can unleash a bigger attack. Does this change very much later on or is this typical gameplay in the later levels?

Damn, this does not bode well for my concerns posted a short while ago. This game not meant for us Aussies.

Well i did have a few unsavoury people in my group but still, it dosen't counter the fact that it is almost expected you will die sometimes in those encounters with a high ping and really you need to group with people who will be patient enough to put up with a few deaths (i really hate basically having to expect that i will die regardless of skill).

Retro

Can EUGaf get a room on the mumble server US are using? If not, I can probably set up one if the interest is there.

Sorry, I don't check this thread very often. There's actually three PVE and PVP channels for Wildstar that you can use. I went ahead and created an EU room anyways, but I haven't seen more than 5 or 6 folks on at a time and none in the PVE and PVP sub-channels. Everyone just hangs out in the Root folder.

Top Bottom