• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

arimanius

Did some PvP despite broken ass nameplates and wow....people on my side don't even try to win on Walatiki. Just jump down, zerg, lose.

That's been my experience on the Exile side. Hoping it gets better at the higher brackets.

Does anyone have a high level warrior? How's pvp with it? I keep reading that it's the most mobile class.

Caved and traded in some games at Gamestop for a boxed copy. Taking my name off the code begging list.

Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

DrBo42

That's been my experience on the Exile side. Hoping it gets better at the higher brackets.

Does anyone have a high level warrior? How's pvp with it? I keep reading that it's the most mobile class.

Like getting hit with telegraphs that aren't necessarily aimed at you? You'll love pvp on a melee class!

aka_bueno

Not high level, but I've been PvPing since level 18-22. I've been lucky on my server I guess, I've won about 50% of the time as Exile. Some of the times we lost, were due to going up against a pre-made group (can tell by everyone having same guild name heh).

It's more risky as a Warrior obviously, but that makes it more fun to me. I mean, I wish I had a healer to pair up with then things would be bananas but for me it's all about helping my team so I'll try to peel off people chasing my mask carrier with grapple and then snare them with that razor blade ability (forgot what it's called). I also try to jump in there first so I can get the attention of the other team while the rest of my team (hopefully) uses it to their advantage. If things get dicey I'll leap away. So far this has worked really well, I don't die often and I end up with a lot of assists.

The few times I've managed to go one on one against other players, I usually come out on top if I have all my abilities ready. If I just had my 8th and final ability slot, it'd be so much better, ugh!

EDIT: My goal is to gear up and level up more to start feeding into the more interesting AMPs (and also unlock my finally action bar slot) so I can turn into a better killing machine. But as it is now, every little but of teamwork helps cause it's madness a lot in random BGs. Someone's gotta help with the objectives!

Alur

Did some PvP despite broken ass nameplates and wow....people on my side don't even try to win on Walatiki. Just jump down, zerg, lose.

I've actually had the opposite experience on Exile side on Orias.

I'm running heals as Spellslinger and I've only lost 3 games leveling from 7 to 15 in Walatiki. I've found it to be the most fun BG/WZ/instance based PVP I've been involved in other than SWTOR's because there's an ebb and flow to it. There's also no bam-bam 3 second kills that I've experienced (yet) like you see in WoW. I think me healing probably has some bearing on the winning because there aren't very many other healers.

The biggest issue I've seen is folks not knowing what to do, whether damage wise or objective wise. I've only seen two AFKer's as well, thankfully.

I've got a 5850 and I get around 40fps on medium settings at 1080p. Is the consensus that the game is so badly optimized that a bump up to something like a 770 or 280x wouldn't make that much of a difference?

gillty

Banned
Thank you to Adent for the pass, scratching myself off the list. :3

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.
I've got a 5850 and I get around 40fps on medium settings at 1080p. Is the consensus that the game is so badly optimized that a bump up to something like a 770 or 280x wouldn't make that much of a difference?
I may be wrong, but the game seems highly cpu dependant.

Bombless

I just knew it was impossible not to have any hidden stuff in the M-13 Asteroid mission. Did it 3 times before and found nothing. I really need to consider the verticality of this game more.

aka_bueno

This game really, really hates Vsync for me. Drop to 58 FPS? No, yer goin' to 30.

Isn't that how Vsync usually works? Anywho, if you have an Nvidia GPU, go into the control panel and use Adaptive Vsync (will only vsync when at refresh limit, if it drops it turns off and wont vsync down to 30). Worked great for me.

Also, with the latest patch they included a console command to limit your framerate. I'm using that command now so it won't exceed 60 (to lower GPU heat). Adapative vsync and the new console command pretty much did the same thing for me, just went with the latter just cause.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote

I wanted to play during open beta but my computer crapped out on me, luckily it's fixed now. I'd love to try the combat out.

arimanius

Like getting hit with telegraphs that aren't necessarily aimed at you? You'll love pvp on a melee class!

I can see that. PvP at this point seems to be a big blob of red telegraphs.

It's more risky as a Warrior obviously, but that makes it more fun to me. I mean, I wish I had a healer to pair up with then things would be bananas but for me it's all about helping my team so I'll try to peel off people chasing my mask carrier with grapple and then snare them with that razor blade ability (forgot what it's called). I also try to jump in there first so I can get the attention of the other team while the rest of my team (hopefully) uses it to their advantage. If things get dicey I'll leap away. So far this has worked really well, I don't die often and I end up with a lot of assists.

The few times I've managed to go one on one against other players, I usually come out on top if I have all my abilities ready. If I just had my 8th and final ability slot, it'd be so much better, ugh!

Sounds like if you can catch them and snare them they are basically dead. I hope that's the case since being melee should have high risk and high reward imo

Adding myself back into the list as my name seems to have fallen off at some point.

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda

z3phon

Anyone here from US playing on EU region? The whole region restriction thing is confusing me.
Im in Canada and I plan on buying the EU version of the game from G2A or some other site but I've read that NCSoft account determines which region you get to play on and while creating the NCSoft account it checks IP to set your region.

I hope they add the ability to Ctrl + right click on item icons that are in the auction house, quest rewards, and when inspecting other players character.

Alex

Isn't that how Vsync usually works? Anywho, if you have an Nvidia GPU, go into the control panel and use Adaptive Vsync (will only vsync when at refresh limit, if it drops it turns off and wont vsync down to 30). Worked great for me.

Also, with the latest patch they included a console command to limit your framerate. I'm using that command now so it won't exceed 60 (to lower GPU heat). Adapative vsync and the new console command pretty much did the same thing for me, just went with the latter just cause.

No, not unless it's lacking something, I dont know the exacts but there's only one or two games where I've seen vsync behave like this.

I can probably use adaptive, but adaptive will have some tearing. I'll try the in-game limiter and see how it works.

Hixx

Is it like impossible to get anything but bronze in challenges when doing them solo?

Some challenges don't have silver and gold levels.

Level 22 and not had a challenge yet that felt impossible solo but gold does require 100% focus

I just knew it was impossible not to have any hidden stuff in the M-13 Asteroid mission. Did it 3 times before and found nothing. I really need to consider the verticality of this game more.

Wait, there WAS something else there? I've done the damn mission twice in release and three times in beta.

WHAT DID YOU FIND

Bombless

Wait, there WAS something else there? I've done the damn mission twice in release and three times in beta.

WHAT DID YOU FIND
I call this the "I've made a huge mistake :'("
hhgnepM.png

Rafterman

Banned
Did they remove the option to change the renderTargetScale to 2 in the .ini or through a chat command? It doesn't seem to be working anymore. It's pretty shitty if they did, FXAA is garbage and I'll be forced to use it without that command working. Yay, blurry ass textures!!

HowZatOZ

Banned
I call this the "I've made a huge mistake :'("

I found that guy on my first run through, always question WildStar's level layout as a heap of things will be hidden in various spots. Wish I could take him off the planet though :(

Also, wanted to update Oceanic peeps about Pingzapper. Been using it for about three days now and so far it has been fantastic. Ping is now sitting at 230ish and I can very easily dodge out of telegraphs without worrying about being hit by lag. Haven't tried a dungeon or adventure yet as I'm level 19 and still caught up in questing but so far PvE is working flawlessly.

Surfheart

Bad first impressions from my first time playing llast night.

Looks bad (technically), runs bad, movement and camera feels janky, UI is a confusing mess, quest tracker is confusing and rote kill X and click on X quests as far as the eye can see.

Not sure I ever want to play it again.

Is there any way to play a trial of this game? I want to check out the character creation system to make me buy the game

guess I gotta use this list or something lol

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

Salamando

The number of things I've missed in this game must be high. Rolled a Granok Engineer, ended up finding a blue gun in the Granok/Human starter zone that granted an imbuement upon killing the warbot. I've taken prolly ten different characters through starting zones, first time I've found that.

Also found my first random chest today. Was hiding on top of a floaty cage in floaty-rock zone.

Gaston

I'm currently level 26 PVP and I am loving it. Yes, getting kited is a real possibility, but that's something you can easily deal with with CC breakers and high mobility. Warrior just feels powerful, constantly in their face burning them down, and just when they think they got away to safety you are jumping in or pulling them back in. I would recommend it.

Quantum

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

W1SSY

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

sent/sending codes to the last 3 strikes

I really like this game but I feel like I'm having trouble picking a class I want to stick with. Part of it is because some of the classes (Engineer, Medic) I went into with the mindset of playing like I did in Anarchy Online and realizing they are nothing alike. In AO, as a Doctor I would just stand back and spam heals. As a Engineer, I would stand back and send my bot to handle it all while I healed the bot from a distance. The classes in WildStar are much more involved and you have to stay on your toes. It's a good thing, I guess I'm still wrapping my head around how different it is. I don't have a lot of experience in these type of games so I still have the traditional MMORPG roles in mind.

Quantum

I really like this game but I feel like I'm having trouble picking a class I want to stick with. Part of it is because some of the classes (Engineer, Medic) I went into with the mindset of playing like I did in Anarchy Online and realizing they are nothing alike. In AO, as a Doctor I would just stand back and spam heals. As a Engineer, I would stand back and send my bot to handle it all while I healed the bot from a distance. The classes in WildStar are much more involved and you have to stay on your toes. It's a good thing, I guess I'm still wrapping my head around how different it is. I don't have a lot of experience in these type of games so I still have the traditional MMORPG roles in mind.

It's funny you mention AO. This game plays much more like a WoW hybrid, but it completely reminds me of my time playing AO - I haven't figured out what I want to play or what role I will fill but the Sci-Fi and upbeat humor really reminds me of the early days of AO (prior to the shadowlands)

It's funny you mention AO. This game plays much more like a WoW hybrid, but it completely reminds me of my time playing AO - I haven't figured out what I want to play or what role I will fill but the Sci-Fi and upbeat humor really reminds me of the early days of AO (prior to the shadowlands)

Yeah, it reminds me of it as well which is what attracted me to it in the first place.

Bombless

Medic is insane in instances. You run all over trying to keep the tank into your healing telegraphs and the dps runs after you to stay in your healing telegraphs :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm running a Dominion guild on Bloodsworn, GAFers are more than welcome :D

We plan on doing raiding at end game as well as stuff like Warplots and we have a Team Speak server.
Message Trenia or Xzero in game for an add :D

Nirran

Loving the game but holy crap they need to get a handle on the amount of bugs. It seems every zone I go into there is a major story line bugged. That and my bank decided to buy 2 slots taking all the plat I had. I sent in a ticket but who knows if they can return it. It's really frustrating dealing with some of these things they've had forever to fix. Hit 38 tonight nearly 39 so almost there to cap. Excited to do some endgame activities.

Top Bottom