• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

So I pre-ordered the Deluxe edition of Wildstar, and tried playing it/streaming during the head-start weekend. But I just got away from WOW, and just can't get into/commit to another MMO. Is anyone interested in the account? Someone could pay me back by grabbing me a game off green man in the future or something. I just hate to see the game go to waste. I can change any of the account info. If this isn't ok to discuss here, just delete my comment, but I'm not sure what to do with Wildstar as a game good since it's not a physical item or code.

Bombless

It isn't much, but it is mine. <3
QQwUJCs.png

I can tell I'm going to spend a shit ton of time
and money
in on my property.

TheYanger

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

Grabbing 3 names on the list as well.

Alur

I can tell I'm going to spend a shit ton of time
and money
in on my property.

Yeah, same here. I was shocked. I didn't expect much from the housing and I stood in there tinkering with it for at least 30 minutes the first time I teleported there. That forest hut/house that guy put up on reddit was insane.

Tokubetsu

Yeah, I couldn't understand what type of person gets excited about housing at first/pre launch...and then I spent fifteen minutes trying to get my bed placement just right.

grundgedanke

Neo Member
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

Keasar

Either this is hilariously forgotten or brilliantly intended, I am not sure.
Either way, you can have as many Eldan Holographic Relics as you want. :p

Edit:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

S.S. LASER PORCUPINE!
bHq9upI.jpg

TheYanger

Hit 50 yesterday and ran war of the wilds a few times on veteran for some gear. Super fun, love that adventure seriously. Also hate that it lags out horribly when you are snowballing the enemies though :p Last run took almost an hour because they wouldn't even advance since they were too lagged out, we had to zerg the totem ourselves and do it, thus losing gold. Could use a bit of tweaking ;)

My friend Zoiie (in-game name) is getting this. She's trying to talk me into it. I played with her through DAoC and WoW, but since I quite WoW I haven't gotten back into MMOs. Just don't have the time for it.... but maybe, MAYBE if I could convince myself to play it CASUALLY for 5-10 hours a week I could do it.

But.... I'd have to get a PC that can actually run it, because I'm pretty sure my Toshiba i5 laptop won't.

My friend Zoiie (in-game name) is getting this. She's trying to talk me into it. I played with her through DAoC and WoW, but since I quite WoW I haven't gotten back into MMOs. Just don't have the time for it.... but maybe, MAYBE if I could convince myself to play it CASUALLY for 5-10 hours a week I could do it.

But.... I'd have to get a PC that can actually run it, because I'm pretty sure my Toshiba i5 laptop won't.
i run on an acer laptop with a A6-3400m with hd 6520g and I get playable framerates about 17-40 mostly stays in the mid 20's(yes that's playable for me) and I'm sure an i5 whips my cpu's ass

TheContact

At some point I was never put on the list and people just kinda skipped me, so I just ended up buying the game. Wanted to try it before spending the $ but oh well, I'm just banking on the fact that it will be worth it.

DarkKyo

Either this is hilariously forgotten or brilliantly intended, I am not sure.

Either way, you can have as many Eldan Holographic Relics as you want. :p

Edit:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!

S.S. LASER PORCUPINE!
bHq9upI.jpg
The exp buff doesn't stack repeatedly with each one, right???

Savitar

So tempted to buy this.

Only I want to buy a physical copy of the deluxe edition and that doesn't exist in NA.

Bah.

Can you buy a retail copy and upgrade it online?

The exp buff doesn't stack repeatedly with each one, right???
You only seem to get the largest of each category of exp buff, where the categories are pride, comfort, etc. Therefore, placing the same item repeatedly only gives you the one type of buff and doesn't stack with itself.

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis

Thanks much for the code, sir! I think you have an EU code and I'm NA though, so if anyone left on the list is EU holler at me and I'll forward this to you.

Anilusion

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)

Sillverrr

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)

I (Sillverrr) should very much appreciate the opportunity to trial this game. The aesthetic appeals to me, but I'm not quite sure whether I wish to pull the trigger without experiencing the gameplay firsthand. Thank you.

Today 02:54 PM

Totakeke

I'm in Singapore and I can't play this game because I keep lagging out (unable to attack and no one else is moving) while remaining in the game. Seems like there's some huge packet loss every night. Has anyone heard similar reports?

Ferny

Finally have a chance to really sink a lot of time into this starting tonight. Work has been crazy this past week so have put in very small progress every night. It also doesn't help that there is still a queue on Widow. It's usually not more than 20 minutes, but when you don't have much time to play each night, that certainly doesn't help.

Damn is the game so much fun though. This will be my MMO for the next coming months.

Are names in this game serverwide or gamewide?

Because I just got the name Lump with a friend code I casually put in last night. Hard to believe a four letter name like that didn't get picked already by at least one other person somewhere.

Another name for the list, thank you heroic and handsome code givers!

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes

Ferny

Are names in this game serverwide or gamewide?

Because I just got the name Lump with a friend code I casually put in last night. Hard to believe a four letter name like that didn't get picked already by at least one other person somewhere.
Server based, but the names stuck in the reservation limbo are game wide for another week I believe.

List is getting out of wack. Updating.

Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Fine Ham Abounds

Re-added myself to the bottom since I'm NA and will be giving an EU code out.

Dunlop

Fyi,

After getting annoyed that I was grinding out quest for so little progress (think I made a level and a half in 5 or 6 hours over 2 days), a lvl 50 told me to just ignore the tasks if leveling is your objective.

There are enough main story/regional quests to get you to 50. I did that last night and noticed a substantial difference.

I'm 24 atm (I can finally try to be a healer again on my medic lol) but between this and loss of time with the f-ing queues I should be over 30 by now :p

arimanius

So what's a good craft to do with a warrior? Trying to decide between armor or weapons. Don't know which would be a better benefit. Would think armor would be more things I could actually use.

Alur

BTW, I downloaded the game from the link earlier in the thread. When my invite finishes, can I just purchase a time card, or do I have to buy the game as well ?

You have to buy the game. No way they'd let you off the hook for that this early in the process :p.

Alur

At what level/where do mount customizations open up? I've read online that they are sold in the city, but I haven't seen them.

LtOrange

I have a quick question about housing plugs. I have a mining tier 1 plug already placed on my plot and have already out leveled tier 2 nodes. Can I skip the tier 2 fabkit and go straight for a tier 3 fabkit?

Ferny

I have a quick question about housing plugs. I have a mining tier 1 plug already placed on my plot and have already out leveled tier 2 nodes. Can I skip the tier 2 fabkit and go straight for a tier 3 fabkit?

That's a good question, I'd like to know this as well. I would say no, but I'm not sure.

At what level/where do mount customizations open up? I've read online that they are sold in the city, but I haven't seen them.

Level 15 is when you can starting using them. As far as "where," I have no idea. There's also hoverboards that require being level 25.

Dunlop

I would like to piggyback off of your question :p

I have a level 2 fabkit...how do I upgrade the existing one?

Top Bottom