• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Anybody have an extra North American code they can PM me? I am at work now and most of the codes will be used by the time I can get home. Thanks!!!

Nopren

Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

Ocho

Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

I don't need a code anymore.

Ok, it's CPU bound.

I have an i7 3820 and I most certainly don't get 60fps everywhere. Additionally downclocking my CPU from 4.3ghz to 2.3ghz makes no difference to my performance. Shouldn't it get worse being so CPU bound?

This is going to sound harsh, but it is true. People toss around "x bound" without really knowing what they are talking about. They hear it from someone and just think it's the gospel. Optimization is the problem here, not your CPU. My utilization never breaks 20%, while running youtube or itunes or media player in the background. It barely even engages my offset speed (5ghz) and just runs at stock i7-3770k speeds. Same with the GPU, my 780 laughs at this game and goes back to sleep, quite literally actually, it runs at 862mhz at 28c. I maintain 60 fps, with a rare stutter in intensive zones when my components actually have to wake up.

Last night I learnt how awesome analyze weakness is on the stalker class. Holy shit that just smokes mobs while leveling.

Made me a happy man last night.

It's required at 25, due to the energy return. I don't notice it hitting very hard though. Cast it after razor disc though and you can still get off your neutralize/impale while in stealth.

I'm level 29 though and I'm still not sold on impale. For long fights, sure, impale all day. But leveling doesn't have long fights, it's a bunch of short ones and 5 neutralizes until you empty your bar > 3 impales all day. I need that slot bad, open world pvp has arrived and all doms must die.

I'm Exile on Widow by the way.

Oh I just got my 3 keys, can I just post them here for my GAF brethren? I don't really want to pick.

Uthred

Has anyone delved deeply into weaponsmith and if so would you say the PvP recipes are required to get the talent points? Wasnt planning to try PvP but if the recipes are required I suppose I must

Virdix

Just to be clear Acolytes is not a GAF guild, you have to follow the link provided and apply to join.
Yeah I also posted this before I found out you need to do /r instead of /w. I apologize for the rash post :( just ignore my idiotic self. Meant to change this last night but forgot before I went to sleep.

Has anyone delved deeply into weaponsmith and if so would you say the PvP recipes are required to get the talent points? Wasnt planning to try PvP but if the recipes are required I suppose I must

I can't say anything for endgame, but I'm at Journeyman(level 3) and all I've done is the melee tier and weapon enhancement tier each time to level up.

These are the guest passes I got. Please comment and let people know if you use one:

S3WP2XARQZXNBD53ULNJ
S3WPWDA4U2JJOKLW494L
S3WRAD0YDRQAGIW9KQ1Z

Somnia

Yeah I also posted this before I found out you need to do /r instead of /w. I apologize for the rash post :( just ignore my idiotic self. Meant to change this last night but forgot before I went to sleep.

Oh no it's fine, I just wanted to post that in case anyone else got confused =)

Some things chat wise are annoying in this game (like having to use /i instead of /p in a pug group through group finder) lol

Nekrono

I can't say anything for endgame, but I'm at Journeyman(level 3) and all I've done is the melee tier and weapon enhancement tier each time to level up.

These are the guest passes I got. Please comment and let people know if you use one:

S3WP2XARQZXNBD53ULNJ
S3WPWDA4U2JJOKLW494L
S3WRAD0YDRQAGIW9KQ1Z

Took the last one, thanks Crimsonsky.
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften

I don't need a code anymore.

Took myself out of the list.

Went to log in and my character is missing pants on the character selection screen.

I hope they put in a juke box of some type so you can change the housing music. I'm not a big fan of the Dominion housing music, i much prefer the Exile house music.

Jag

Simple stat priority list:
Bfv7EanCcAAGhiX.png

aett

I've been insanely busy this week and haven't had the time to delve into my class. Does anyone have any tips for a level 15 Spellslinger? There's so many skills but after saving up for and purchasing a mount, I haven't been able to buy any for a while and I'm not sure what to prioritize. I'm going for DPS.

I did, however, sacrifice some sleep last night to do the first Adventure and I got the award for highest damage (and second-best survivability), which felt good.

Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
petethepanda

Added myself to the list. :D

Sylas

I read the infographic, but what is "raid attunement?" Is that just a fancy way of saying "ready to start raiding?"

Raid attunement means the ability to physically enter the raid itself. Pretty intense attunenent. Won't have casual raiders for quite some time with those requirements.

Ferny

Went to log in and my character is missing pants on the character selection screen.

I hope they put in a juke box of some type so you can change the housing music. I'm not a big fan of the Dominion housing music, i much prefer the Exile house music.
I didn't even know they had different music.

gogosox82

LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace

Got a code. Thanks Andent :)

Castcoder

Banned
I will say I felt very disappointed by the beta, mainly due to the controls. However, after seeing the reaction on Facebook, I started considering giving it another shot, but was going to wait a bit. At work, one of my coworkers showed me a bit of the game (we're building a simulation in Unity for our campus, if you're wondering why we could easily get sidetracked), and it looks like the game improved significantly from the beta. I bought the game for $48 through Greenman Gaming, and I'm excited to play this tonight.

TheYanger

Sunk all of my gold into housing. I have my level 10 mount, and the CE provides a hoverboard, so I figure I have about 20-25g to play with in housing. Probably have burned about 12g so far, but still haven't gotten it to where I'd like it to be.

My main gripe is that windows are ornamental and do nothing. It makes everythign feel cramped. My secondary gripe is that the house is really just a room. There's a lot to do to make it more house-like, but the no-windows thing also really drives this point home.

Still, I spent a long time on this last night, and I expect to spend a lot more messing around with details and adding things. Time to hit up some design ideas.

You get bigger housing at 30 or so fwiw. 35 maybe? idk. Spacious Houses have larger interiors. Doesn't solve the windows but they're definitely less cramped.

Jag

Raid attunement means the ability to physically enter the raid itself. Pretty intense attunenent. Won't have casual raiders for quite some time with those requirements.

Yeah I had no problem doing WoW attunements. I think Black Temple had the most maybe? I wasn't really planning on raiding, but that is pretty nuts. The plus side is it guarantees a decent raid playerbase.

NIN90

UI is kind of a mess.

Any recommended addons to improve the UI? Here's what I got:
Ayth Quest
Classic Quest Dialog
Mini Map Square

The quest tracker in particular is terrible.

A couple of random questions:

1. Once Ability Points have been spent can you respec them? I haven't used any yet just in case it's permanent.

2. Am I ever able to go back to the first area I went to after training? I missed some data files. And what about the second area I had an option to go to, can I ever go there?

Hixx

UI is kind of a mess.

Any recommended addons to improve the UI? Here's what I got:
Ayth Quest
Classic Quest Dialog
Mini Map Square

The quest tracker in particular is terrible.

PotatoUI, BijiPlates, SCastBar, Grid, SpaceStashInventory, CustomFoV, CandyBars, BetterQuestLog to start with. I haven't really checked addons since late beta but these are all decent, CustomFoV is a game changer for me.

Nirran

A couple of random questions:

1. Once Ability Points have been spent can you respec them? I haven't used any yet just in case it's permanent.

2. Am I ever able to go back to the first area I went to after training? I missed some data files. And what about the second area I had an option to go to, can I ever go there?

1. Yes all you have to do is remove the ability and the points are returned. No cost.

2. Yeah where you started in the second zone there should be a panel to go back.

ultracon

Neo Member
LogicalFallacy
Foaloal
th4tguy
Caedmon
gogosox82
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace

I couldn't wait and bought the game - so no code is needed from me :)

StMeph

You get bigger housing at 30 or so fwiw. 35 maybe? idk. Spacious Houses have larger interiors. Doesn't solve the windows but they're definitely less cramped.

They also appear to cost 1 plat, so I don't expect to get there for a while. Especially with buying other housing things.

Uthred

Didnt realise that enhancements for your house are destroyed when removed. I suppose its to insure a trade in fabkits?

TheYanger

They also appear to cost 1 plat, so I don't expect to get there for a while. Especially with buying other housing things.

Money REALLY starts to explode in the 20s. I couldn't even buy my level 15 mount until almost 20. Now I've got almost 4 plat at 45.

Alrus

Reached level 10 with a Esper (being dismayed that you could only be human or Aurin for that class, males Aurins are ugly as fuck and humans are boring, picked the human). It's fun but the esper kinda feels like a standard nuke class in any mmo with how static they seem to be, delayed attacks and stuff like that. Still having a lot of fun.

I kind of suck at dodging but I'll get used to it. I could solo BAMs and regular Instances in Terra, I hope I'll manage to be decent at dodging here.

Won

Did some PvP despite broken ass nameplates and wow....people on my side don't even try to win on Walatiki. Just jump down, zerg, lose.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Valru
Ourobolus
Mr. Hyde
ocho
W1SSY
cwmartin
Hey_Blinkin
Muddimar
Beef
Ultracon
Trace
Nekrono
Fine Ham Abounds
DonnyHayabusa
Saften
SolVanderlyn

Might as well give this a shot.

Top Bottom