• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Rokam

So anyone got good streamer recommendations for PvE endgame content? Currently watching Kungen/Zybak, but would like a non tank perspective as well.

ref

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref

Not sure if this list is updated, last one I could find, but I'm looking for a guest pass as well. Added myself to bottom of list.

joesmokey

I switched from Esper to Spell Slinger and so far I'm having a ton of fun. I didn't do SS initially because I was turned off by using guns. Whatever though, it is a lot of fun to play. This is more the damage dealer class that I was looking for.

Alex

Why does Scientist not have waymarkers for it's datacube quests, ouch. You have to roll an addon and ping the map to get the same support as other paths, from what I read?

bestami

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)

I'd love to try aswell.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)

I'd love to try aswell.
Posted an EU pass up ahead, not sure if it was ever claimed.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Finally got my mount after spending my time enjoying the questing, maybe five levels too late but still I got it! Servers just went down for a hotfix but when they come up I'll go finally get my house.

I'm scared, I'll be trying my first adventure as tank and I don't know if I will royally screw up or not. Only played Esper and Warrior in beta, though I didn't get to try any tanking/healing.

basefree

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)

Adding myself to the list.

Baskcm

So got ma medic to 20 then started a warrior to get a fresh perspective gotta love them in PvP plus weoponsmith is so great

Had sooo much fun ganking in Whitevale yesterday, both wigwalli village and the giant dig site were just hilarious. Really loving the spellslinger, and lvling with a medic buddy is just crazy with the amount of CC I get :p 4v2's all day!

Any Gaffers playing on Hazak EU? The queues are getting much better now which is great

Arcanine55

Neo Member
DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)

I think this is the updated list.
Also I'm getting a lot of hype for this game thanks to the housing system, I just love Animal Crossing and all the thing that I'm seeing about housing in Wildstar is just like that game.

HowZatOZ

Banned
This game can be really gorgeous at times, love the landscaping. Illium is a great city as well, very well structured main city.

Alrus

So I fucked up and picked the wrong AMP unlock after a quest, is there any way I can get the other ones that were offered as reward? Feels kind of bullshit :/

badb0y

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y

I also would like to try it out before throwing down money on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How are melee classes in late game dungeons/raids? I decided to get in on the game and never got that far in beta. I don't want to make a WoW mistake and play melee dps where everything is more difficult with no significant gain for your troubles.

Hubb

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y
Ice King

I am bad at finding specific people's names so I searched around and gave it to the two I marked off.

Kalnos

Banned
So I fucked up and picked the wrong AMP unlock after a quest, is there any way I can get the other ones that were offered as reward? Feels kind of bullshit :/

Vendors sell them and they drop a lot so you should be able to get whatever it was.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn

Install AMP Finder or whatever. Hover over an AMP and it will tell you how to get it.

Cancelled

Neo Member
How are melee classes in late game dungeons/raids? I decided to get in on the game and never got that far in beta. I don't want to make a WoW mistake and play melee dps where everything is more difficult with no significant gain for your troubles.

Currently the Warrior class is among the strongest - I'd place it second overall behind the Engineer. Has great AoE in its single target spec and brings probably the best buffs overall. The Stalker was nerfed significantly after beta and really doesn't excel anywhere right now, though they have competitive single target and are pretty fun to play.

The Warrior has decent range for a melee so it's quite forgiving and even though I'm playing a Stalker which has a few problems due to shorter range main abilities, I'm yet to have any real issues with mechanics that don't come from latency(Playing from Australia, so yea...) in vet adventures/dungeons.

Personally, I'm going to reroll Esper(or Medic) because I'm probably not cut out for melee with 200ms and long range or wide as hell telegraphs will make life a lot easier. Can't go Slinger because SpellSurge and high latency don't mix.

Geoff9920

Tanked my first adventure, which I expect is a much easier experience than one of the dungeons, but I'm looking forward to giving the level 20 dungeon a shot when get there. Hopefully I'll be able to make it all the way through. :p

Do I have to be on the NeoGAF server to added to the Circle? If not, would someone please send an invite? Character - BuddyChrist (Exile)

Question, WSGAF!

Do any of y'all know what the Engineer's Exosuits look like, and what the range of customization is for them? Like, are they just added gloves and boots (sorta looks that way from the screenshots) or are they more like Samus Aran or Master Chief's full-body armour?

I always enjoy the visual aspects of MMOs (SWTOR was really cool like that) so I'm very curious about this.

Neverfade

Anyone giving out a guest pass?

Have a retail code here and I just cant decide if I want to play this or not. Was stupid and didn't fire up the open beta when I had the chance.

Einbroch

Banned
Personally, I'm going to reroll Esper(or Medic) because I'm probably not cut out for melee with 200ms and long range or wide as hell telegraphs will make life a lot easier. Can't go Slinger because SpellSurge and high latency don't mix.

Then I wouldn't go Esper. Narrow skillshots, not mobile.

Thanks to Hubb I have a pass. But now I have to choose a class and I'm a notorious altaholic....

I typically love rogue classes, how fun is the Stalker? What would you say is the most dynamic class combat wise?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Did you other people on Pergo Exile just join existing guilds?

I also think I'll want to join Paradoxical on Orias Exile. My main's on Pergo, but all my other char's are on Orias.

I do have a Chua named Thumb that will be my only Dominion character on Pergo. What do I whisper to contact you in-game, Tharp? Mechanical or something?

Alrus

Gave up on Esper at level 11 after getting a bit bored with it (and my current connection isn't that great so I would waste PP/finishers while leveling), and rolled with an Engineer with whom I'm having a ton of fun atm. Level 15, almost done with the starting zone quests.

Vendors sell them and they drop a lot so you should be able to get whatever it was.

Install AMP Finder or whatever. Hover over an AMP and it will tell you how to get it.

Yeah, didn't feel like waiting for a drop so I just did the quest that gave the AMP in the other starting zone to get mine. Should have made some research before picking the original one.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

I bought a mount and am a bit disappointed with it. I actually feel like I'm going slowing than when I was without it. I wish there were a feeling of speed go along with it.

Teggy

Question, WSGAF!

Do any of y'all know what the Engineer's Exosuits look like, and what the range of customization is for them? Like, are they just added gloves and boots (sorta looks that way from the screenshots) or are they more like Samus Aran or Master Chief's full-body armour?

I always enjoy the visual aspects of MMOs (SWTOR was really cool like that) so I'm very curious about this.

They aren't customizable. I don't know if you're not aware, but the exosuits are just an ability. You're only in them for about 8 seconds and then they have a minute cool down so they are not something you're wearing like a costume.

They aren't customizable. I don't know if you're not aware, but the exosuits are just an ability. You're only in them for about 8 seconds and then they have a minute cool down so they are not something you're wearing like a costume.

Oh, shoot. I assumed they were special equipment like power armour in Fallout or something. That's a bummer.

Thanks for the reply.

Definity

How do you mark targets or members in a group? Would like to be able to mark the tank/healer so I know where they are at all the time. I'm sure it's simple but I've not figured it out yet.

Bombless

Oh, shoot. I assumed they were special equipment like power armour in Fallout or something. That's a bummer.

Thanks for the reply.

Engineers do use heavy armour and I suspect the high level equipment will look like power armour though.

How do you mark targets or members in a group? Would like to be able to mark the tank/healer so I know where they are at all the time. I'm sure it's simple but I've not figured it out yet.

You can right click them and assign them a mark on the Party interface (and probably on the target portrait as well).

Ran into a nasty bug today. Went to buy the level 40 advanced riding skill, and i had about 2 plat 10g in my bag before hand. The purchase bugged out and ended up costing me over 1 plat. I only have 40g left now. Messaged Carbine, hopefully they can reimburse me the lost money. It seems to be a widespread issue, so anyone that hits level 40 be careful about buying the advanced riding.

Tokubetsu

Can't seem to buy scanbot vanity items in illium even though I have enough money and there is only a lvl 1 requirement. Anyone else have this issue?

Bombless

Cool, thanks for this. It's always neat to see the late-game armour sets.

Engineer definitely get the best armour.

Though I dunno why Warriors always get the most ridiculous looking shoulder armour...

Well, like another mmo who has warriors and huge shoulders syndrome ;)

Top Bottom