• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

M.Steiner

Hey all,

Any chance of getting an invite to the Neo Exiles guild on Zhur. Char name is Rotterr
Sure thing. I'm just about to log off for the night but I'll throw you an invite now, assuming you're still on :)
[Edit: Looks like you've logged but no worries, tis late. Will invite tomorrow if you're still waiting for one when I log on!]

HowZatOZ

Banned
Holy mother of god. Did the first adventure last night for Dominion and it was awesome. So hectic, so difficult but just pure fun. Only died a few times thanks to awesome heals from my friend while I was tanking, but dear god it was just...awesome.

I can see myself recommending this game to any and all MMO fans in need of the more hardcore scene, especially those from WoW vanilla era.

Alright, I can't resist my interest in Wildstar any longer - I'm adding myself to the hit list.

I'll add myself to the bottom, remove the striked names, and quote the last person that I've seen post it for the sake of continuity:

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y
Ice King
LurkerPrime

Later people who want to be on the list, please copy/paste the list in its entirety (including these rules) and add yourself to the end. Our heroic and handsome code-givers, please also copy/paste the list with strike tags to indicate those to whom you generously gave your codes.

Also, holy cow at all the restrictions on guest accounts. I'd say it's draconian, but I suppose gold farmers, spammers, or something worse would abuse it otherwise.

Edit: Nevermind, the generous GAFer onefivenine gave me one!

Kudos to Carbine allowing for PvP to be a viable leveling up path. Got to about level 10 and just had enough of the quests. Their bgs have been good fun.

Ferny

Kudos to Carbine allowing for PvP to be a viable leveling up path. Got to about level 10 and just had enough of the quests. Their bgs have been good fun.

Are you getting good gains for each match? I know winning gets you a lot, but not certain how much I could take of losing and not getting substantial gains.

Einbroch

Banned

If you plan on raiding, do not level primarily through PVP. You won't have nearly the reputation to get attuned and will have to grind quite a bit. Of course, if you don't care about that, have at it! It is fun.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Finally got around to playing, lol. I was locked out the first day of early access when I impulse bought at midnight. Been busy ever since.

Starting in Northern Wilds really increased my enjoyment. I thought I'd like the other area in the beta because of green lush, but I didn't.

Cancelled

Neo Member
Then I wouldn't go Esper. Narrow skillshots, not mobile.

I get that, but the stick and move playstyle actually fits me very well(played a Mage in WoW solidly for 9 years now). I went into WildStar looking for a change, but as it turns out melee just isn't for me.

The Medic does interest me, but I'm kind of obsessed with Aurin, so it's either SS or Esper and as I said before, I feel weaving Spell Surge into the rotation is a real nightmare on high latency.

I would love to give all three a go to about level 20, but I'm strapped for time if I want to get attuned for raids and not get way behind on Elder Gems.

Alur

Are you getting good gains for each match? I know winning gets you a lot, but not certain how much I could take of losing and not getting substantial gains.

I've leveled one to 13 and two to 16 with it, it is pretty fun, though I definitely prefer Walatiki to Halls. The experience takes a big hit when you lose indeed, as spandexmonkey said. Something like 10 or 12% is what it looks like with a loss. Wins are huge, though.

I can't believe they are charging $20 to change your name.

Blizzard's is $10 atm, but I could've sworn it was $15 or $20 previously. I may be wrong. Not a big deal to me, though. Don't name yourself something stupid or relentlessly troll and you have no need to use it in most cases. My surprise stems from the fact that they are allowing it at all this early..

TheYanger

Any 50s here? Hows the veteran adventures/dungeons going?

Super super fun. Dungeons are supposedly tough, haven't jumped into those. The adventures are totally doable with fresh gear and are a lot of fun. I skipped most of em while levelling so I'd never done them. I'd love to see War of the Wilds as a BG - it's definitely the pug farm adventure of choice. Crimelords is super easy and fun too to farm though, but has actual mechanics. They feel more forgiving than the dungeons, like you can't mess up but it's easier not to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Quartz cores just drop off whatever/salvage? I want to make sure my crafting matches my levels, but I don't seem to be getting a ton of mats.

TheContact

I have 3 guest passes to give out do i just drop them in the thread here?

Either PM them or put them in an email tag this way lurkers can't steal them. Quote my post to see what I mean below:

Email tags go like

Also make note if they're US or EU

Al13n

Neo Member
Any (EU) guest passes left? I really want to try it, looked up war plots, housing etc.. Seems interesting!

Edit:
Got one now, thanks guys!

I like this game so much better now that I'm questing in PvP areas. Quests are still a wee bit boring , but random PvP battles breaks up the monotony.

Also, I need more hoverboard tricks in my life. Double jump + direction should do different tricks.

Also a barber. Need that too.

Alrus

Quartz cores just drop off whatever/salvage? I want to make sure my crafting matches my levels, but I don't seem to be getting a ton of mats.

You can always buy weak ones from the vending machines if you're crafting something you don't intend to keep.

Hixx

I like this game so much better now that I'm questing in PvP areas. Quests are still a wee bit boring , but random PvP battles breaks up the monotony.

Also, I need more hoverboard tricks in my life. Double jump + direction should do different tricks.

Also a barber. Need that too.

So far my world-PvP battles have amounted to: people sprinting away.

I shit you not. It's my own fault for not having a snare in my LAS but holy fuck unless it's a completely unfair scenario, people will just not fight.

Somnia

So far my world-PvP battles have amounted to: people sprinting away.

I shit you not. It's my own fault for not having a snare in my LAS but holy fuck unless it's a completely unfair scenario, people will just not fight.

Stalkers are the worst, babies!

Raxious

Sooo, am I the only one who's not interested in this game at all? I got myself a guest pass through a friend, but I just don't feel it.

This is pretty much the first MMO I have absolutely no interest in playing. It looks great, the housing is fun, but gameplay wise it just feels bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sooo, am I the only one who's not interested in this game at all? I got myself a guest pass through a friend, but I just don't feel it.

This is pretty much the first MMO I have absolutely no interest in playing. It looks great, the housing is fun, but gameplay wise it just feels bad.

Why would you go into the OT of a game to express that you're not interested in said game?

Raxious

Why would you go into the OT of a game to express that you're not interested in said game?

Maybe there's been people that had the same feeling till they got till a certain point in the game, just curious. Considering I was pretty excited for this game before it came out.

Also, am I not allowed to give my impression of a game after playing it?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Maybe there's been people that had the same feeling till they got till a certain point in the game, just curious. Considering I was pretty excited for this game before it came out.

Also, am I not allowed to give my impression of a game after playing it?

What don't you like about the gameplay?

I built a 2nd floor on my house and added a bar.
p1009661101-3.jpg

Also started building a guest house out of wooden planks, but then noticed I was running out of money.
p831500775-3.jpg

I assume best match in crafting means you can pump more charges into it?

Yes

The gameplay? Really? This boggles my mind. I can see reasons why people would not like the game, but gameplay is not one of them. None of the other MMOs I've ever played (AO, L2, WOW, Aion, Rift, GW2, FFXIV) has had close to such great gameplay as WS, in my opinion. When I say gameplay, I mean the combat.

Retro

What don't you like about the gameplay?

The gameplay? Really? This boggles my mind. I can see reasons why people would not like the game, but gameplay is not one of them.

It's dangerous to go alone.

Take this.

(Seriously, these kind of drive-by comments aren't unusual on GAF, but for some reason MMOs draw them out more than usual. Speaking from experience, it's best to just let them not like a thing than try to argue with them. Your OT will be healthier.)

Jarnet87

lvl 21 with my Medic. I'm kind of torn between just going straight DPS gear so my damage output is better for questing, or trying to keep a decent balance of gear so I can actually heal dungeons. I have a bad habit of just selling/salvaging older gear so it's hard for me to keep a crappier offset lying around. May just go full out dps until 50 and then build a healing set.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have read almost all of the lore that's available to me right now.

Kinda neat world even if I don't like the look of a lot of the races.

Top Bottom