• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

rinker

Anyone know how to move the box that appears when you hover over a character (says their name and guild, etc)? Don't know what that is properly called so I'm having trouble searching for a solution.

Hey, can anyone shoot me a EU 7 day guest pass - I have a friend in EU that wants to try the game, but I only had US guest passes (which I posted on here) and they don't work.

Thanks.

chualie

DonnyHayabusa
SolVanderlyn
Murder, She Wrote
petethepanda
Orochinagis
Anilusion (eu)
Sillverrr (EU)
Bakerbakes
Kyoakuma
Vortex566 (EU)
rinker
ref
bestami (EU)
basefree (EU)
Edunes (EU)
badb0y
Ice King
Chualie

Added my name to the list. Wanted to try out the game before getting into it.

So is anyone taking advantage of the arbitrage opportunity with iron ore and metal platforms? On Rowsdowner, the price of iron ore is <3 silver, and these metal platforms sell for like 18-something silver and require 3 iron ores and 3 screws (30 extra copper). So you make like 10 silver or so for each, even more if you can get a huge buy order in to keep your CX-fees down.

Tillbo

I also started playing a few days ago. Could I please join the EU-GAF guild on Zhur?

My name Tillzar in the game.

Thanks!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I also started playing a few days ago. Could I please join the EU-GAF guild on Zhur?

My name Tillzar in the game.

Thanks!

I won't be on until later this afternoon, but if someone hasn't invited you at that point I will. You can also toss me a whisper or friend request (to Phol).

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got too much gathering going on between farm nodes, mining, relic hunting?, and settler stuff.

I'm only level 10 and feel overwhelmed.

erragal

So is anyone taking advantage of the arbitrage opportunity with iron ore and metal platforms? On Rowsdowner, the price of iron ore is <3 silver, and these metal platforms sell for like 18-something silver and require 3 iron ores and 3 screws (30 extra copper). So you make like 10 silver or so for each, even more if you can get a huge buy order in to keep your CX-fees down.

Make Thicket tier 2's.

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn, I'm hitting some limitations with the guest pass. It's only been one day and I...

- Hit level 14
- Have 1199/1200 Tier 1 Mining (which I can't increase)
- Have 1199/1200 Tier 1 Relic Hunting (which I can't increase)
- Can't chat outside of parties (can't whisper :( )
- Can't join my bro's guild (understandable)

Sigh...I think I'll get to 15 and then level another one to 15 so I have some muling.

TheYanger

I thought you could only pick 2 gathering profession at most anyway.

Everyone gets farming. I was relic/survival. Thankfully survivalist you can level purely by killing animals. you can also put your tools on your alternate toolbars (right and left of the default hotkeys) and just swap them quickly by clicking those.

TheContact

I haven't had this much fun in an mmorpg since WoW. I usually get bored around a month so we'll see how long this holds my attention, I've only been playing it casually for a few days now, I have a lvl 13 Mechi Engineer on Pergo. Love the Engineer so far, having 2 pets is cool. Definitely want to check out a caster next though

Damn, I'm hitting some limitations with the guest pass. It's only been one day and I...

- Hit level 14
- Have 1199/1200 Tier 1 Mining (which I can't increase)
- Have 1199/1200 Tier 1 Relic Hunting (which I can't increase)
- Can't chat outside of parties (can't whisper :( )
- Can't join my bro's guild (understandable)

Sigh...I think I'll get to 15 and then level another one to 15 so I have some muling.

Or buy the game? Seems you like it enough

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there any way to tell what level quests are? I know they do the 'simple' 'difficult' etc but I assume that is just based on the ability required. I want to make sure I'm doing level 14 quests while I'm 15 rather than doing them at 15 and outleveling them before I get to that part of the zone since the zone's are so open about where you go on your branch.

Do hope they patch some optimization for my graphics card in though. Adventure ran real crappy when there was a lot of guys, and I know Wildstar should be performing a lot better on this computer.

Squishy3

Is there any way to tell what level quests are? I know they do the 'simple' 'difficult' etc but I assume that is just based on the ability required. I want to make sure I'm doing level 14 quests while I'm 15 rather than doing them at 15 and outleveling them before I get to that part of the zone since the zone's are so open about where you go on your branch.

Do hope they patch some optimization for my graphics card in though. Adventure ran real crappy when there was a lot of guys, and I know Wildstar should be performing a lot better on this computer.
The Ayth quest addon is a godsend for this kind of thing. http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220588-ayth_quest

Nokterian

I love the game i really do but i am at a point now leveling up i just plain boring. The fetch quests are boring i just hate it and all goes so damn slow. Maby i am just to burned out from MMO's.

ukas

Better Quest Log works as well. It will show the quest level number in your quest tracker.

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220027-betterquestlog

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

The built in quest tracker has the quest level in the quest name.

Dunlop

Just hit 30 on my Medic.

I'm liking/hating the difficulty of the dungeon and adventures at the same time.

I completely bypassed War of the Wilds as I was told it was a clusterf#ck to go in a pug with. I want to practice healing, but it seems to not be worth it until I hit 50.

Aphexian

From what I can tell the Exile guild is the bigger one. Which stinks because I think I want to play Dominion but even more I want to be in a large chatty guild. So Exiles it is I guess.

Jag

From what I can tell the Exile guild is the bigger one. Which stinks because I think I want to play Dominion but even more I want to be in a large chatty guild. So Exiles it is I guess.

Interesting, I thought the Dom was bigger.

The Dominion guild is close to 60, there's plenty of people in the guild if you prefer Dominion to Exile.

Yep, certainly is after using a ping changer. Went down from 400ms to 240 on Telstra Cable in Brisbane and everything is super smooth.
Ugh. I dreaded those things, I had issues with WoW when I used Wtfast, Blizz banned me for being in an IP that most hacker/gold seller use. I only managed to recover my account after a long procces of proving that i'm using those latency fixing program.

I'll probably still check the game out for a month and decide from there(probably next month). thanks.

does anyone have a guest pass? :D I would love to try this

the art style got me like

mind-blown-2.gif

BurningNad

Man, I wish I could nolife this game as hard as I did WoW back at release. I love everything about it. Just don't have the time. :/

Yazus

does anyone have a guest pass? :D I would love to try this

the art style got me like

mind-blown-2.gif

We are in the same boat.
Coming from 4+ years of WoW and really got tired of it.
Then I saw this thread and... Sweet jesus I really need to play this game and I will 99% end up playing it. But the fear of loosing 49$ is just too much to buy the game without having never played it once

Cancelled

Neo Member
Ugh. I dreaded those things, I had issues with WoW when I used Wtfast, Blizz banned me for being in an IP that most hacker/gold seller use. I only managed to recover my account after a long procces of proving that i'm using those latency fixing program.

I'll probably still check the game out for a month and decide from there(probably next month). thanks.

Depends where you're from, in North Sydney I get around 185 on the in game tracker, and around 240 on the add-on checker(supposedly more accurate) without a tunnel at all. I honestly haven't noticed a difference with a tunnel in the last 4 places I've lived(between Syd and Tassie) over the past few years, in any game. Maybe 5ms difference at most.

Questing and veteran adventures are fine, but the veteran dungeons can be a real pain, you need to be pretty on the ball to make Oceanic latency work. If you enjoy the game, that's great, but I personally won't support the game outside of my freebie month. it's 2014 , not offering game servers in a region you sell a game isn't okay anymore, IMO.

Titanfall was trying to pull this same shit, but at least they had an SEA server and followed up quick with Aussie ones. NCSoft won't do the same.

Alur

I keep bouncing around between classes :(

You and I are peas in a pod, then. I now have 2 level 16 spellslingers, a 13 stalker, and last night went from 1-13 on a medic healing in PVP. Medic is the most fun I've had, which is crazy because I played it in the middle of closed beta and it was...not good at the time.

What do you all feel about the game so far? I am interested in getting it, but I'm afraid it will end like all mmo games so far that I gave tried getting into. That is people play 2-3 months at most and then just completely stop/disappears.

I don't think anyone can accurately predict it, Rimshot, but I feel good about it. My opinion is that WS seems to have some real staying power for the truly MMO passionate which is definitely something several of the more recent large MMOs (SWTOR, GW2, TERA, ESO) didn't have at launch endgame wise. There's a mass of content at all levels and it is difficult, by all accounts, so that keeps the carrot out front of folks like us.

There's also that fact that even if there is a like a one-third dip in player base once subs kick in that Carbine has been shown since Early Access to move quickly to correct issues. I don't think they'll pull a EA/Bioware and leave servers to rot if consolidating them will keep the game strong. Within a few days they both opened more servers to accomodate players, as well as allowed server transfers to alleviate queues. I feel fairly confident they can effectively manage the game based on that early impression.

Jag

What do you all feel about the game so far? I am interested in getting it, but I'm afraid it will end like all mmo games so far that I gave tried getting into. That is people play 2-3 months at most and then just completely stop/disappears.

The game is a lot of fun right now. I'll play it for at least for 2-3 months and then probably stop.

BUT

I'll have gotten 2-3 months of fun gaming out of it. Isn't that what this hobby is all about?

Edit: I checked my 'played' yesterday. I'm at about 50 hours at level 23. So that will be probably be about 100 hours to hit max level at my current rate then some endgame stuff. Not a bad amount of play time.

Just hit 30 on my Medic.

I'm liking/hating the difficulty of the dungeon and adventures at the same time.

I completely bypassed War of the Wilds as I was told it was a clusterf#ck to go in a pug with. I want to practice healing, but it seems to not be worth it until I hit 50.
I went in with a pug and we got Gold, that place is cake.

Edit: Just got done with a second run with a pug and we got silver, its really pretty easy or I am lucky with the pugs.

Alrus

Reading the official forum for Engineers is so weird, so many complaints about the class being bad. I don't get it, it's very clearly the best dps by a high margin right now, at least for PvE content.

Ferny

Reading the official forum for Engineers is so weird, so many complaints about the class being bad. I don't get it, it's very clearly the best dps by a high margin right now, at least for PvE content.
Not when a Spellslinger is in the party ;)

Apparently there's a bug in the main quest during The Rising Storm, where a poisoned spirit walked needs to be clicked on but there's no way to do it. Great, can't continue on until it's fixed. Guess I'll make a character on the Exile side.

Salamando

Medic becomes so much easier to play once you start using Fissure at the start of our rotation instead of near the end. Completely missed that it had a debuff until last night. Now everything dies so much faster.

Top Bottom