• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Einbroch

Banned
Bullshit excuse, to be honest. They behave like F2P/B2P don't serve regular, big updates on regular basis...

Because they don't. Name a F2P MMO that adds a new zone/dungeon or raid/battleground every month. I can't. Now, Carbine might be lying, but that doesn't change the fact that F2P and B2P MMOs release new content at a very slow rate. GW2 updates a lot, but they're small updates with big ones every few months.

Anyone know of a single player game you can play as a healer and have a group of AI, that is doable while doing the campaign?

I have the healing itch and this game gets released until Saturday.

Anyone know of a single player game you can play as a healer and have a group of AI, that is doable while doing the campaign?

I have the healing itch and this game gets released until Saturday.
I think you can play support/healer in dragon age origins if you go mage.

Nirran

They just announced on the Nexus report server names go up at 9:00am pst/ 12:00pm est tomorrow.

Patch with fixes, more optimization, etc coming late tonight, early tomorrow as well. They labeled it as release candidate so probably the last one before headstart.

Shahadan

Crap, missed open beta and would have liked to try it before possibly buying. I guess I'll have to wait for a deal/price drop now ;(

Hixx

Crap, missed open beta and would have liked to try it before possibly buying. I guess I'll have to wait for a deal/price drop now ;(

I'm sure someone will be happy to give you a 7 day pass. They won't be hard to come by if everyone's getting them!

Einbroch

Banned
really wanted to try the beta too.

which Elder Scroll did and didn't bother buying it. I hope this MMO IS different

It's different and the same. It hearkens back to vanilla WoW, but with an action combat system and a totally kickass housing system.

Man, that was reductive. Oh well. HYPEHYPEHYPE

Holy crap, Frost's Family Guy impressions are spot on.

Also, they said there should be a patch tonight. It won't be huge but patch notes are still awesome.

bought it for $40 off of GMG with 7$ playfire credit and the voucher.

Downloading client tonight.

Planning on warrior tank, hope it's a fun game, beta was good enough.

Einbroch

Banned
If you've had performance issues and are using the winter beta client, Carbine strongly recommends you do a fresh install due to some ini file messing it all up.

Every class in every game has a spammable ability that you use when all your "good" abilities are on cooldowns or the requirements aren't met.

Mages will always spam their elemental bolt. Rogues will always spam their combo point building abilities. If you're standing around and not using an ability in an MMO you're doing it wrong, therefore, auto attack adds nothing.

Wrong. I would have agreed with you a couple of years back, but Guild Wars 2 taught me how things can be. Autoattacks (really, the 1 skill, which does something different for each class/weapon combo) can and will be interrupted by other skills. Many 1 attacks are channels that do more damage with their last hits, or even have extra effects (ex. the Engineer's Flamethrower sets its target on fire with the very last hit), or even are combos which, again, do more damage or have extra effects with their last hit. Interrupting them with any other ability is a choice that you have, and one that can definitely be wrong.

Again, the matter is choice. As long as you have to do something that is not a choice (it results in a net negative result every time you don't do it), it might as well be automatic. If you can make it so that even the choice to interrupt the automatic default is a meaningful one, then all the better.

Einbroch

Banned
Wrong. I would have agreed with you a couple of years back, but Guild Wars 2 taught me how things can be. Autoattacks (really, the 1 skill, which does something different for each class/weapon combo) can and will be interrupted by other skills. Many 1 attacks are channels that do more damage with their last hits, or even have extra effects (ex. the Engineer's Flamethrower sets its target on fire with the very last hit), or even are combos which, again, do more damage or have extra effects with their last hit. Interrupting them with any other ability is a choice that you have, and one that can definitely be wrong.

Again, the matter is choice. As long as you have to do something that is not a choice (it results in a net negative result every time you don't do it), it might as well be automatic. If you can make it so that even the choice to interrupt the automatic default is a meaningful one, then all the better.

Okay. Is the "1" ability in GW2 spammable? Yes? Then, in this case, does having "white damage" (autoattack, not your "1" ability) add anything to the gameplay?

That's all I'm saying. White damage adds nothing.

Edit: Sorry if this sounds confrontational, reading it back and it kinda does. Not my intention.

Athreous

Anyone willing to give/trade/sell one of those 7 days guest passes? I'd love to try the game to see if I'll like it or not before buying it >_<

I wish they'd just reclassify Medic as melee, because honestly they might as well be. This isn't a bad thing, it's just how you end up playing them.

Plus it adds a nice symmetry to the game. Instead of 4 ranged and 2 melee, they can say they have 3 ranged and 3 melee. Even balances out the roles in that respect too, it's 2 tank and 1 healer melee, 2 healer and 1 tank ranged.

Yes, actually.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222640/

One of the most underrated RPGs on the market. Stellar combat, but not much else. There's a demo too.

Yeap I own it and I really enjoyed the combat. It's like playing League of Legends but with a squad and you can pause. The combat is really fun, I love skillshots but you mostly just battle group after group. Wish it had more variety or interesting dungeon designs. Hope they make an improved sequel,
Meh for now I'm just going to Soraka in LoL. Thanks for the input.

Just confirming, there isn't a cash store right? Found nothing in the OT. Also, do I get some free time for buying the game, or do I still need to pay the first month subscription to play it?

Ugh, I really wanted to play this, but buying+monthly fee is gonna be way too expensive in my country, and I don't think being able to buy in game time for in-game currency is solves this problem much. I hope it gets an official release in my country soon.

LowParry

Just confirming, there isn't a cash store right? Found nothing in the OT. Also, do I get some free time for buying the game, or do I still need to pay the first month subscription to play it?

Ugh, I really wanted to play this, but buying+monthly fee is gonna be way too expensive in my country, and I don't think being able to buy in game time for in-game currency is solves this problem much. I hope it gets an official release in my country soon.

30 days with your purchase. After it's $15.

Arken2121

Alright guys, I just received a gift from Carbine studios(A specific dev to be precise). A little back story: I was streaming Wildstar a few weeks ago when one of the developers from the art department came in to chill. We were shootin' the shit when I jokingly asked for his autograph because I appreciated the work that he and the dev team have done. Sure enough, I get a message about my shirt size and a package just arrived today.

I gotta say, these guys/gals are awesome. It really feels like the devs are listening and they appreciate the communities input. I'll be opening this package on stream in about 20 minutes. If there are any devs in this thread, thank you again.

Einbroch

Banned
Alright guys, I just received a gift from Carbine studios(A specific dev to be precise). A little back story: I was streaming Wildstar a few weeks ago when one of the developers from the art department came in to chill. We were shootin' the shit when I jokingly asked for his autograph because I appreciated the work that he and the dev team have done. Sure enough, I get a message about my shirt size and a package just arrived today.

I gotta say, these guys/gals are awesome. It really feels like the devs are listening and they appreciate the communities input. I'll be opening this package on stream in about 20 minutes. If there are any devs in this thread, thank you again.

That's pretty nifty. If nothing else, I appreciate how available they are.

They engage with the community. They have biweekly streams. They post on their forums all the time.

Carbine is a major reason why I have hope for this game.

Arken2121

That's pretty nifty. If nothing else, I appreciate how available they are.

They engage with the community. They have biweekly streams. They post on their forums all the time.

Carbine is a major reason why I have hope for this game.

It's not just that one person, I've had multiple visits from a ton of devs. Love these guys/gals.

Garibaldi

Any chance we have an EU (UK) guild kicking off on a PVP server?

Also, gutted I'm on a stag do on Saturday so I'll miss the first day of headstart. Fack!

Are all of you uninstalling the beta client first??

I've had my beta client since i think the 2nd closed beta. I'm reinstalling it now just to be sure that i don't have any pesky remnants messing up performance.

That's awesome! Carbine are really awesome with how they interact with the community.
You can just go ahead and ship that shirt to me, thx.

Ferny

Pretty sure you can buy CREED with in game money as well.
That you can. The price of which will be dictated by the economy in game. Sort of the same system as GW2 has with their gem system, except you can buy subscription time with CREDD.

Somnia

No one knows what the going rate for CREDD's will be just yet, as its fellow players who will be selling them. Will be interesting to see how that market works itself out.

Top Bottom