• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

No one knows what the going rate for CREDD's will be just yet, as its fellow players who will be selling them. Will be interesting to see how that market works itself out.

I bet prices will spike near June 3rd when everyone's free month is running out. I may consider selling some around then. I gotta fund my dye addiction somehow.

Jira

Really what I see happening in regards to CREDD is a casual player will not be able to afford to play for free, however they will be able to sell the CREDD for gold to make up for the lack of time they have. Hardcore players will be able to play for free, but will likely be broke every month and have no money to buy anything else. Note that when I say casual and hardcore, I'm referring to the amount of time a player has.

Ravijn

Did they ever find out the issue with Verizon Fios and patching? I still have to use HotSpot Shield(VPN)to be able to fully download the patches or else it fails.

TheYanger

Really what I see happening in regards to CREDD is a casual player will not be able to afford to play for free, however they will be able to sell the CREDD for gold to make up for the lack of time they have. Hardcore players will be able to play for free, but will likely be broke every month and have no money to buy anything else. Note that when I say casual and hardcore, I'm referring to the amount of time a player has.

Eh, I mean it's not hard to make enough wow gold to pay for a sub, you just have to do it through less scrupulous means (find buyers manually etc). But still, I think that's a reasonable indication of the kind of economy behind it, same for Eve and the like. If those games are anything to go by, it's REALLY not hard to afford your gametime with in-game currency as long as you're a reasonably adept economist. If I liquidated all of my wow gold for cash right now, it would pay for several years of gameplay, for instance.

KePoW

Banned
Eh, I mean it's not hard to make enough wow gold to pay for a sub, you just have to do it through less scrupulous means (find buyers manually etc). But still, I think that's a reasonable indication of the kind of economy behind it, same for Eve and the like. If those games are anything to go by, it's REALLY not hard to afford your gametime with in-game currency as long as you're a reasonably adept economist. If I liquidated all of my wow gold for cash right now, it would pay for several years of gameplay, for instance.

I don't want to be an economist when playing MMOs though. I just want to do whatever I feel like at the moment. So because of that, in most MMOs I hardly make any extra gold because I just don't care about doing it.

For the casual player like that, I don't think it's a consistent way to pay for game-time.

Arken2121

I'll be throwing up pictures soon but they sent me a rowsdower plushie, a small pendant, 2 stickers, a signed mouse pad from a bunch of devs and a t-shirt.

I don't want to be an economist when playing MMOs though. I just want to do whatever I feel like at the moment. So because of that, in most MMOs I hardly make any extra gold because I just don't care about doing it.

For the casual player like that, I don't think it's a consistent way to pay for game-time.

No, its purely meant for the heavy raiders/people who consistently already did or desired to play for free in WoW and various other MMO's through selling currency.

Also many players absolutely like to play just for the economy. We had a "banker" of sorts within our WoW guild that would just log on to make money. Had Millions of gold across his account. We never had to pay for really anything as far as the guild went and he got to come to get raid boss kills on farm.

Ketch

The problem is that the casual player isn't going to pay $15 a month... They're just gonna stop playing. There are tons of f2p options for the casual player.

Ferny

The problem is that the casual player isn't going to pay $15 a month... They're just gonna stop playing. There are tons of f2p options for the casual player.

If the game hooks them, they will. The housing system is awesome and there are tons of customization hooks to sink in to. Just because they don't want to raid every single week, does not mean they won't love the game.

Hubb

While this game isn't WoW, there are casual players that pay to play MMOs.

Shahadan

Okay so I was drunk because of Mario Kart and I bought this. Already in the process of regretting it tomorrow but for now I'm still confident.
I hope it's fun even solo? The worst part of MMOs are MMO players in my experience, so unless there is a EU GAF guild I'll try solo as much as possible.

Unless I can play on an US server with my Euro copy? I don't know how it works with NC soft.

Okay so I was drunk because of Mario Kart and I bought this. Already in the process of regretting it tomorrow but for now I'm still confident.
I hope it's fun even solo? The worst part of MMOs are MMO players in my experience, so unless there is a EU GAF guild I'll try solo as much as possible.

Unless I can play on an US server with my Euro copy? I don't know how it works with NC soft.

I can't answer if there's an EU guild or not, but you're region locked to EU.

I could have sworn I saw it yesterday, but I can't find it now. Yesterday I thought I saw an action set builder that included the various AP/SP ratios on abilities. Does anyone know where I could find such a thing?

edit: Nevermind, found it.

TheYanger

Economist might be a strong word on my part - I don't do ANYTHING special to earn gold in wow. I just play the game. I know people that play the game a lot and are poor...I have no fucking clue how. Just DOING things all the time you will make shitloads of money. Same in Eve, same in everything. Intelligently sell things, recognize the value in your time and what you do. That's it. I'm not talking about spending hours or even minutes a day on the auction house.

Arken2121

Just put up the un boxing here. Just to reiterate from earlier, what an amazing bunch of people are at Carbine. Keep up the awesome work and thank you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQz0jcueVs

Edit: Pictures
nxXHURy.jpg

Warriors are awesome. I picked it right away and i'm glad I did. Excellent utility and solid damage.

I am normally pretty bad at close combat characters so usually end up going something Ranged(Diablo - Demon Hunter, WoW - Hunter etc etc). Maybe its time to change that.

KePoW

Banned
That's what I thought. Makes sense as well. Thanks. I'll have to hope players of my country won't be the same as the Wow ones. *shudders*

What country?

I've found that only Americans are douchebags or asses in MMOs. European players are always much more mature and never talk crap.

So as someone who has been burned by more MMO's than I can remember, how would you try and sell this game to me? What would you say are the reasons it's worth checking out if most MMO's have been quite the disappointment at launch (TSW, Rift, SWTOR, TESO, GW2, Neverwinter)? I am slightly interested but I don't know anyone who actually has played the game or if it's really worth getting at launch.

So as someone who has been burned by more MMO's than I can remember, how would you try and sell this game to me? What would you say are the reasons it's worth checking out if most MMO's have been quite the disappointment at launch (TSW, Rift, SWTOR, TESO, GW2, Neverwinter)? I am slightly interested but I don't know anyone who actually has played the game or if it's really worth getting at launch.

PM me on release and I will give you a 7 day pass and you can get your own opinion if you like. Not received them yet but I assume I will get them at early start/on actual release day.

PM me on release and I will give you a 7 day pass and you can get your own opinion if you like. Not received them yet but I assume I will get them at early start/on actual release day.

I might just do that. Or ask around for one. I was contemplating getting it day one, but I just don't know that I would have the time or enjoy the game enough to justify it.

Ken

I might just do that. Or ask around for one. I was contemplating getting it day one, but I just don't know that I would have the time or enjoy the game enough to justify it.

Yeah, I'm wondering the same too. Actually, I'm wondering if I should even try to get in on launch day given how those typically turn out for MMOs.

I'm pretty sure I'll have fun with it getting to level cap at least though, since I'm the type of MMO player who plays for a month or two and moves on.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm running it from Japan with a ping around 90-110 and I'm having no issues in terms of accessing the server from outside the states and dodging telegraphs and so on is perfectly fine. There have been discussions on opening Oceanic servers (official/on location) post launch to accommodate the growing number of Oceanic players who are playing with pings of around 250+.

Carbine have said that during some earlier tests that players from Europe were doing end-game (raid) content with pings of 200+ and having little issue so if that says anything at all it is that you can manage, but I imagine it would be up to the person as to how fast they can react with a handicap like that.

[Edit] I previously mention in prior discussion threads that I was interested in joining the GAF guild but a few of my friends from other games have gathered up for Wildstar progression and will be on another server and so I've decided to give it a go with them for the time being. I'll be on the Oceanic PVP server Widow if it is opened, if not, the PVE side.

Thanks for the info. I'd be rolling in Japan myself.

Where did you purchase/download, btw?
I'd play on a EU server (as that's where my friends are back home), but I don't want to screw myself over from the start. GMG says it's not available in my region yet... doubt it's coming to these shores any time soon so I'm curious if there's a work-around.

The game looks great, though. Surprised I hadn't heard of it literally until today!

Top Bottom