• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Well, didn't get a trial code offer and didn't feel like groveling, so just jumped in headfirst instead for $45 (GMG voucher discount).

Looking forward to trying this out this weekend.

Any mandatory add ons I should be looking out for and suggested PvP realms on NA side?

AMP finder is really useful to help locate AMPs you want to unlock. Biji plates is also very useful.

Hixx

Are the patch servers down?

Flushed DNS, used different DNS, rebooted internet, PC... can't connect. Getting really tired of the tech issues now. Starting to wish I'd not subbed.

Are the patch servers down?

Flushed DNS, used different DNS, rebooted internet, PC... can't connect. Getting really tired of the tech issues now. Starting to wish I'd not subbed.

I'm able to log in fine. There's going to be a hotfix tonight that may fix it.

Hixx

I'm able to log in fine. There's going to be a hotfix tonight that may fix it.

It's the hotfixes that tend to break it. Using a US VPN to boot it up has got it working. Absolutely baffling.

Now that it's patched, I can connect without the VPN. What the hell...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pulling about 5.7k dps over 5 mins on my medic after the patch now on the dummies *hit capped and mostly in blues*

Can't wait for that single target damage buff :lol

B00TE

Hit level 50. A bit overwhelmed now with stuff I could do. Checking out the level 50 zones for now, though. May move onto PVP.

Hixx

I don't like fighting Stalkers in PvP. This twat is using a vanish or something and healing to near full HP in seconds (with shields up too!?) before re-appearing. The only class I have a problem with in PvP, just seem to last forever.

Kalnos

Banned
I don't like fighting Stalkers in PvP. This twat is using a vanish or something and healing to near full HP in seconds (with shields up too!?) before re-appearing. The only class I have a problem with in PvP, just seem to last forever.

Stalker is actually a bit weak (other than Tether mine) but I really don't like the AMP that lets them stay in stealth even after they have taken damage.

Hixx

Stalker is actually a bit weak (other than Tether mine) but I really don't like the AMP that lets them stay in stealth even after they have taken damage.

I'm not talking about a pure PvP setup though, on about out in the world. They have a lot more tools in their levelling LAS than the classes I've levelled. I should probably start mixing some Utility skills in but honestly PvP in the world is so rare...

Kalnos

Banned
I'm not talking about a pure PvP setup though, on about out in the world. They have a lot more tools in their levelling LAS than the classes I've levelled. I should probably start mixing some Utility skills in but honestly PvP in the world is so rare...

Ah, I understand. I'm actually running 3 assault/1 support/4 utility on my SS.

Lucifon

Is there any GAF EU presence? If so where?

Decided to take the plunge and jump in :) Largely because of the cred system.

jersoc

Anyone know why the tradeskill menu would refuse to go away? I close it and it pops back up 2 seconds later.

this is a really late reply so if you havent found it yet. its a bug with tradeskill quests when they are tracked. just untrack them.

just another handful of wonderful UI bugs that plague me daily. at least mount and pots are fixed.

Zafir

The ranked pvp in this game is just ridiculous. If you were late to 50, you just get your ass handed to you by people who now have ranked gear. Arena is full of people boosting even at lower ranks, and battlegrounds seem to be becoming the same. With a few high ranked people just ripping through all of us who are unfortunate enough to still be in blues because we can't get to the required rating. The worst part, you lose a tonne of rating for getting beaten. Just lost 36 rating in a ranked BG where there was a warrior with full 1800 gear, and a few with a bit less who just face rolled us.

There's a reason SWTOR/WoW etc didn't lock stats behind a certain pvp rating. :I

The ranked pvp in this game is just ridiculous. If you were late to 50, you just get your ass handed to you by people who now have ranked gear. Arena is full of people boosting even at lower ranks, and battlegrounds seem to be becoming the same. With a few high ranked people just ripping through all of us who are unfortunate enough to still be in blues because we can't get to the required rating. The worst part, you lose a tonne of rating for getting beaten. Just lost 36 rating in a ranked BG where there was a warrior with full 1800 gear, and a few with a bit less who just face rolled us.

There's a reason SWTOR/WoW etc didn't lock stats behind a certain pvp rating. :I

Yea pvp needs a huge overhaul. It's crazy how badly they fucked up such basic design decisions as the pvp stats, let alone introducing all of the gear immediately and giving out full sets at two hard rating tiers. It's pretty miserable to play arena if you got started late (especially if you don't have a warrior on your team).

Zafir

PVP is getting an overhaul soon just as an FYI

What are they doing though? I heard they're redoing the matchmaking a bit, but that isn't going to solve the problem in my opinion. There's still going to be boosters who drop their rating low to make money, effectively ruining it for those who don't have gear or a booster.

Kalnos

Banned
Correction to the above, PvP stats are getting an overhaul and there is going to be some sort of new BG. Carbine has remained completely silent on the issue of tanking rating AFAIK.

I don't really know how they can fix it at this point though other than maybe not let you wear the gear in arena if you're below 1500/1800 personal rating or match entirely off gearscore.

Zafir

In my opinion, they need to make it so everyone can get the higher tier gear, and lock cosmetic stuff behind rating. Cool looking gear/weapons/decor etc.

Kalnos

Banned
In my opinion, they need to make it so everyone can get the higher tier gear, and lock cosmetic stuff behind rating. Cool looking gear/weapons/decor etc.

I actually completely agree with that but people would whine endlessly about it.

Everis

Banned
Someone on the official forums suggested that if they want to keep ratings on gear, make it so people can only keep the gear equipped if they remain at or above that rating. It would definitely stop people from tanking their ratings for easy wins/win trading/carrying friends.

aka_bueno

Someone on the official forums suggested that if they want to keep ratings on gear, make it so people can only keep the gear equipped if they remain at or above that rating. It would definitely stop people from tanking their ratings for easy wins/win trading/carrying friends.

Or they could make the gear scale depending on rating brackets. Aren't they giving people who's accounts got hacked (and their gear sold for gold) gear that scales with their level, or something like that? Something similar to that would be nice.

Won

I have closed out some Blighthaven stuff and I'm in the camp that is rather confused by it. 2-3 daily group quest is all I have to increase my rep? That's more than just weak.

Why do levelling gear have rune slots when runes are so fucking expensive?

Twinking would be my guess.

Mastamind

Or they could make the gear scale depending on rating brackets. Aren't they giving people who's accounts got hacked (and their gear sold for gold) gear that scales with their level, or something like that? Something similar to that would be nice.

No it gear appropriate for your level. So if you are something like lvl 33 you might get lvl 30 gear.

Carbine:
Anyone that is getting this communication is receiving a set of gear that we’ve put together for your class and level. This allows us to get you back into the game and playing without waiting days.

aka_bueno

No it gear appropriate for your level. So if you are something like lvl 33 you might get lvl 30 gear.

Ah, not that I care much but I wonder why it's so hard for them to just look at the logs and give those people back their actual gear. The replacement gear probably sucks for 50's

Hixx

So Whitevale is a level 23+ zone but I am there at level 22

I really dislike that

Unless you do every single task and maybe adventure or dungeon you are going to head into the next zones a level under usually. I've just got into Wilderrun on my second character at level 33 when the first quest is 35. I'll catch up because you get a decent chunk of extra XP for killing higher level mobs.

Unless you do every single task and maybe adventure or dungeon you are going to head into the next zones a level under usually. I've just got into Wilderrun on my second character at level 33 when the first quest is 35. I'll catch up because you get a decent chunk of extra XP for killing higher level mobs.

I do most (90%) tasks, I don't mind the slower pace of levelling. Even did one of the level 20 dungeons.

It sucks as a Stalker as mobs seem to see through stealth easier due to level difference

I do most (90%) tasks, I don't mind the slower pace of levelling. Even did one of the level 20 dungeons.

It sucks as a Stalker as mobs seem to see through stealth easier due to level difference

It's strange you're underleveled then. I'd usually be overleveled going into a zone when i was doing every task and quest i came across.

Mastamind

Alliance gaf is hurting. I'm the only one on most of the time i log.

*Old batman themesong*
NaNaNaNaNaNa Guild merrrrrge... guild merrrrrge... Batmaaaaan!

Skele7on

Banned
I'm level 37 at the moment and doing the 40+ quests.

Yolo really, although if I get a group of above 2 I'm usually really screwed.

damn strain!

Also I regret joining a PVP server, the amount of Exile players that wait till I'm in battle then decide "Hey I wanna fight you, with my stalker class" UNREAL!

As a warrior I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage in PVP as they have literally no ranged attacks, Or I'm doing it wrong, would someone like to help a brother out and give me options/moves?

Milly79

I'm level 37 at the moment and doing the 40+ quests.

Yolo really, although if I get a group of above 2 I'm usually really fucked.

damn strain!

Also I regret joining a PVP server, the amount of Exile shits that wait till I'm in battle then decide "Hey I wanna fight you, with my faggot stalker class" UNREAL!

As a warrior I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage in PVP as they have literally no ranged attacks, Or I'm doing it wrong, would someone like to help a brother out and give me options/moves?

You really shouldn't have any issues as a warrior, honestly. They're OP as shit in their current form. You have a leap, knockdown and a pull, plus you should ASAP get the AMP festering blade so they are snared all game. It's seriously one of the most broken classes I've seen, along with Spellslinger.

Skele7on

Banned
You really shouldn't have any issues as a warrior, honestly. They're OP as shit in their current form. You have a leap, knockdown and a pull, plus you should ASAP get the AMP festering blade so they are snared all game. It's seriously one of the most broken classes I've seen, along with Spellslinger.

damn, I forgot about the leap one.

I will look into Fesrering Blade now, hopefully I can already get it.

It's more the outside encounters just as I'm questing that annoys me the most!

Thanks for all your help though!

Milly79

damn, I forgot about the leap one.

I will look into Fesrering Blade now, hopefully I can already get it.

It's more the outside encounters just as I'm questing that annoys me the most!

Thanks for all your help though!

Ah, gotcha. I guess I just got lucky. I hardly ever got attacked on a PvP serve while leveling my warrior. If they did, they usually got crapped on.

friday

Hit 41 on my warrior tonight. I really don't like my Mechari's feet showing all the time though. Honestly it makes me want to reroll to something else. Does that make me crazy?

Zafir

I'm not sure that's a solution though. I think that would just be really tedious. You'd always have to keep a second set of gear around when you're doing something incase you get unlucky. You also still have the problem of facing people with better gear when you're around the boundaries too so you may never get back.

People may whine or cry about grinding rating for nothing if they removed rating, but honestly if they were really a PvPer, it shouldn't matter to them. They should want more fairer competition.
Ah, gotcha. I guess I just got lucky. I hardly ever got attacked on a PvP serve while leveling my warrior. If they did, they usually got crapped on.
I got attacked a lot by higher levels(50s etc) when I was levelling my warrior. Admittedly due to being away for the first 10 days of launch meant I was well behind the curve. Really frustrating.

Raskett

Could someone possibly provide me with a guest pass please (if anyone has a spare). I was planning on buying this tonight although wouldn't mind seeing how it runs on my computer prior to parting with my cash!

Kodros

Definitely not going back to that, sadly. The only real bet for that kind of experience again is a good private server, but those just aren't there yet really.

We'll have to see how EQNext handles it. It looks like they want to do away with a lot of the modern MMO BS. I would like levels to be ditched. Create a new stat that is calculated by your history, gear, spell competency, etc... And use that as a basis on where you should hunt. It makes every dungeon matter because it's how you progress your character. It may sound the same as the ol' experience bar but it's not. You can't grind away on quests, FATES, or camp the same mob until you level up. It forces you to experience the world, not just one spot that gets you that next level quicker.

I think that is what is needed to get people out of this grind to the top mindset. Make the world fun prior to the cap.

Top Bottom