• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

timkunedo

How many of you have trying incorporating a controller. I find it great for fighting but quickly go back to the KB/M when crafting or farting around.

Esper is kind of annoying because so many abilities want you to stand still and the controller makes me want to move. Gunslinger particularly shines with a controller, I'm a moving, slinger blur of death.

I use a controller for all combat and absolutely freaking love it. Just use mouse for menu crap. Saves the ole carpals.

Raskett

Purchased this on Monday and thoroughly enjoying it so far! I really hope people stay engaged with this game if it turns out to be as good as I am expecting. I have literally run out of things to do in WoW and this has really peaked my interest.

Please please please do this game proud Carbine and the community - from what I have seen so far it deserves it.

oktarb

My biggest concern seems to be community. I still barely see anyone and our poor gaf guild has like one person on at most times. I'm hoping as I level I see more community.

Another reason to use the two step authentication!

New mount when using it.

Imagine you're enjoying all Nexus has to offer. You've obtained the rarest of Housing decor, you've maxed your Arena rank in PvP, and you're swimming in gold like the Nexus version of Scrooge McDuck. Living the good life, right?

Then all of a sudden, you log in and all your items are gone, your character's left cold and nude in the middle of the capital, and your hard-earned cash has been stolen! That's just the worst.

Now imagine that you have 2-Step Verification set-up and it's back to the good life. Your items are safe, your gold's secure. Now your account's much less at risk of being compromised and you can focus on the important stuff.

As if keeping all of your hard earned loot secure isn't reason enough to apply 2-Step Verification to your account, we're sweetening up the rewards, cupcake. You'll still get your usual incentive:

2% XP, Renown, and Prestige bonus
Cybernetic Eyepatch
In-game title of Certifiably Certified

But starting July 10th, anyone with an active 2-Step Verification attached to their account gets one of the sweetest rides on Nexus, the Retroblade Mount.

If you’re already enrolled in 2-Step, you will automatically receive the Retroblade Mount in your Account Inventory by July 10. Don’t have 2-Step Verification but want a sweet mount and a safe account? Check out our Knowledge Base article or read our FAQ below to learn more about 2-Step Verification!

So don't sit back and let the hackers win. Get 2-Step Verification today and live the good life!

retroblade-mount.jpg

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/new-mount-2factor-auth/

Mastamind

My biggest concern seems to be community. I still barely see anyone and our poor gaf guild has like one person on at most times. I'm hoping as I level I see more community.

Which gaf guild, i usually see quite a few people on exile, but not dominion. I may actually be that one person you were talking about.

The leveling in this has killed me, I dont think I can go anymore or find reason to play. It just feels like a chore in this game more so than any recent other games for some reason. The questing is so incredibly dull and boring.

B00TE

almost have my stalker to 30, and then only my spellslinger and esper will need to catch up. Then maybe my alt-itis will be sated as I get them to 50 one by one.

TheYanger

Never got the Eyepatch and title. Time to write some mean tickets.

They're in your account inventory (Little present icon on your taskbar in the bottom left).
You can verify all of it by clicking that and clicking entitlements, you should have one listed as Authentication Dividends.

TheYanger

How much effort is required to earn enough for the plex/creed month pass?

at current prices? can farm it in a day if you really want to.
At casual rates:
Do both 'sets' of dailies, takes you 2.5 days to max your elder gems, at this point any XP you get turns directly into money. If you continue to do your dailies you will earn 1 plat a day, so basically the rest of the week will be enough to buy a credd.

Long story short: Dailies every day for a week per month, buys a credd.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How many hours a day for a week?

I'm just curious about it if it's ever on sale. I'm not really interested in a long term sub, but if I could stretch out another month it two that'd be cool.

About an hour or less. Depending on how many people are doing them and it being a pve or pvp server

TheYanger

Yeah if I'm not feeling lazy I can knock the daily quests out in like 45 minutes. Will be easier or harder depending on how well you solo. Plus, if you're JUST doing dailies you're probably not having a ton of fun (I wouldn't anyway), once you've capped your xP for the week just doing adventures and stuff will also earn you a bunch of money. Same ofr just gathering tradeskill mats (which sell nicely to vendors so there's no supply/demand issues to worry about there).

I figure eventually the economics of it all will make credd cost a bit more but who knows, right now it's just VERY easy to buy game time in game if you want to. I know many people with over a year already stored up. I don't want to give you the impression that you can play for 20 minutes a day and never spend a dime, but it definitely is little enough of a concern that I don't spend any real time thinking about it.

Which gaf guild, i usually see quite a few people on exile, but not dominion. I may actually be that one person you were talking about.

Yeah i'm mostly playing alts at the moment since the guild doesn't have the numbers to do any end game content. I may end up giving leadership to one of my alts and moving my Esper into a raiding guild.

JesseZao

Yeah if I'm not feeling lazy I can knock the daily quests out in like 45 minutes. Will be easier or harder depending on how well you solo. Plus, if you're JUST doing dailies you're probably not having a ton of fun (I wouldn't anyway), once you've capped your xP for the week just doing adventures and stuff will also earn you a bunch of money. Same ofr just gathering tradeskill mats (which sell nicely to vendors so there's no supply/demand issues to worry about there).

I figure eventually the economics of it all will make credd cost a bit more but who knows, right now it's just VERY easy to buy game time in game if you want to. I know many people with over a year already stored up. I don't want to give you the impression that you can play for 20 minutes a day and never spend a dime, but it definitely is little enough of a concern that I don't spend any real time thinking about it.

Yeah, I didn't expect it to be cake, as I loathe how wow turned into daily quest grind the game. Still, it seems rather simple. If the game has legs, I might have to jump in.

Zafir

The leveling in this has killed me, I dont think I can go anymore or find reason to play. It just feels like a chore in this game more so than any recent other games for some reason. The questing is so incredibly dull and boring.
Yeah, I agree. I thought the questing was just utterly dull. Which was a shame because the environments are great.

Unfortunately, I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my time getting through it. PvP is just not fun at the moment, with all the boosters ruining ranked. Don't really care for grinding dungeons either, my main interest was the PvP. >.<

aka_bueno

Yeah, I agree. I thought the questing was just utterly dull. Which was a shame because the environments are great.

Unfortunately, I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my time getting through it. PvP is just not fun at the moment, with all the boosters ruining ranked. Don't really care for grinding dungeons either, my main interest was the PvP. >.<

Questing can not be so bad, the trick as many have said, is just not doing the bulk of task quests. Focusing on World/Zone/Regional quests mostly. But supplementing it with PvP leveling makes it go by like x50 faster.

Dungeons are awesome too, lots of fun and challenging. Adventures, not so much.

And I feel ya on the PvP end game, for me it's the PvP stats and bad matchmaking/boosters but I'm gonna hold out til the August PvP drop/patch. In the meantime I'm having a blast leveling an alt Slinger through PvP/PvE 50/50.

WarMacheen

So, leveling slowly, really liking the game. I do believe I will be sticking around after the free month. Any room in the Dominion Gaf guild? Name is Baroness

timkunedo

Anyone with 2 step verification active get their new mount yet? I logged in at lunch but there was no mount for me in account item, the mount tab, or the mount vendor.

New AMD BETA Drivers for those who want it!!
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Wildstar:

Power Xpress profile
Performance improvements to improve smoothness of application
Performance improves up to 24% at 2560x1600 on the AMD Radeon R9 and R7 Series of products for both single GPU and multi-GPU configurations.

EDIT ADDED: Looks like the changelist were from the 14.6 Drivers... (Booooo) although I don't remember seeing the R9/R7 Performance bumps at 2560x1600 from last time.

Thanks for ignoring those of us with 7000 series cards, AMD! I'm sure you'll understand when I go green next go around.

My goddamn 7970 with 3 Gigs of RAM should be able to run this at better than 30fps.

Any starter recommendations on mods considering the default UI is hot garbage?

Trying to hook a friend up who isn't even 10 minutes into this and already has a headache.

aka_bueno

Any starter recommendations on mods considering the default UI is hot garbage?

1a: UI is mostly fine, but if you want to replace stock nameplates get Bijiplates.

1b: If you like stock nameplates but want to make them better, get Steadyplates.

2. Also get Perspective Plates (works with Biji and stock plates but has a small bug with stock+Steadyplates currently). This will shrink/enlarge nameplates based on distance away from you.

3: *Must have* Junkit. One click vendoring of trash loot.

4: AythQuest if you want to speed through leveling, this will guide you to and track quest objectives.

5: Amp Finder. Will tell you where you can find/buy specific amps by hovering over mouse in amp builder window.

6: if you group a lot: Group Tracker. Will tell you where your group mates are at all times with a small on screen arrow which also updates distance from you.

7: *must have* Tap That. Will automatically complete Simon Says, Hold/Tap T objectives.

1a: UI is mostly fine, but if you want to replace stock nameplates get Bijiplates.

1b: If you like stock nameplates but want to make them better, get Steadyplates.

2. Also get Perspective Plates (works with Biji and stock plates but has a small bug with stock+Steadyplates currently). This will shrink/enlarge nameplates based on distance away from you.

3: *Must have* Junkit. One click vendoring of trash loot.

4: AythQuest if you want to speed through leveling, this will guide you to and track quest objectives.

5: Amp Finder. Will tell you where you can find/buy specific amps by hovering over mouse in amp builder window.

6: if you group a lot: Group Tracker. Will tell you where your group mates are at all times with a small on screen arrow which also updates distance from you.

7: *must have* Tap That. Will automatically complete Simon Says, Hold/Tap T objectives.

You are a gentleman and a scholar

My phone was acting up, and I haven't played this enough to offer her any suggestions, so I'm much obliged.

docbon

I wish I got into PVP way earlier, because the state of arenas is straight dookie.

Just loss after loss against players in 1800 rank gear, yet matched up against first timers. All I wanted was that 1800 rank sword ;~;

Salamando

Has anyone actually gotten anything good out of their boomboxes yet? So far I don't have any mounts or mount flair...just one costume piece, a handful of dyes and housing decor, a few elder gems, and a bunch of other stuff I can't/don't want to remember. Today ended up with a potion that restores my rested XP to max.

aka_bueno

I wish I got into PVP way earlier, because the state of arenas is straight dookie.

Just loss after loss against players in 1800 rank gear, yet matched up against first timers. All I wanted was that 1800 rank sword ;~;

Yeah, best to stay away arena until the next content drop (August) when they implement their proposed fixes. I'm hoping all those PvP stat and match making fixes brings back some of the PvP community who's waiting on that stuff.

Won

Has anyone actually gotten anything good out of their boomboxes yet? So far I don't have any mounts or mount flair...just one costume piece, a handful of dyes and housing decor, a few elder gems, and a bunch of other stuff I can't/don't want to remember. Today ended up with a potion that restores my rested XP to max.

I think I have the whole raidin set by now. Have seen a few people with the Savage Warpig on the Dominion side, but that's it. Carbine could have been more generous here, that's for sure.

Boom boxes keep giving me Transmat transponders now. The default port is already 20 mins. As if I ever need that crap. :(

I got the Savage Warpig on my Esper. I wish it was the luminous equivar. The pig looks like a regular pig with some mild white stripes.

Top Bottom