• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WildStar |OT| The biggest MMO since the Big Bang

Won

Hit 50 on my Warrior. Phew. Gonna take a break from him though and play around with some of the other classes, before I check out some level 50 stuff and ultimately get stuck playing around with housing again.

Arsin

Hey guys, my friend and I are looking for an invite to the guild on Oasis. We put our names on the sheet at launch, but I never followed up and got us invited.

My name is Brois and his name is Hnngh. I will watch the thread and try to be on when someone that can invite is on.

Thanks!

Hey guys, my friend and I are looking for an invite to the guild on Oasis. We put our names on the sheet at launch, but I never followed up and got us invited.

My name is Brois and his name is Hnngh. I will watch the thread and try to be on when someone that can invite is on.

Thanks!

Orias Exile or Dominion side?

DrBo42

Any GAF Exile bros or guilds on Pergo? Going to hit 50 tonight on my warrior and looking to get geared for pve and pvp. Name is Croc, feel free to add me.

B00TE

Just added my subscription. Hit 45 on my warrior, 5 more to go!. Keeping his rest XP up by playing my alts. Gonna have half the classes to 30 soon at this rate. Really should make a dominion character and see the other side of things, all my alts right now have been exile.

Somnia

I bought a credd last night just before we got hit with renewals lol

Prices are over 6 nearing 7 plat on Widow now for them.

Einbroch

Banned
I bought a credd last night just before we got hit with renewals lol

Prices are over 6 nearing 7 plat on Widow now for them.

So you did blow it at one place!
cheeky.gif

I asked in Illuim zone where to get mount

Get invited to group
Asks me to come to their character
Gives me 20g
Disbands group

Pretty good day I guess.

Edit: Also, I am ignoring crafting. Any downsides to that?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What was changed? I haven't done it since patch.

He now gains 1 stack of armor during the eating phase each time you stun him. After it's over he rolls back to 2 armor. So you typically get 1 or 2 stuns off then and he's dead.

So basically you do the fight how you would expect it to be in the first place.

We have the healer and our strongest dps grab the food, then tank and the war stun and I dps during eat phase.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
This game looks pretty great. Anyone have a spare guest pass? I promise that
there's a 1.5% chance that
I won't use it to roll an Aurin.

Should I just skip crafting during levelling? I am weaponsmith/miner.

It looks like blue weapons are basically a random "crit" for the most part during crafting?

Giggzy

Should I just skip crafting during levelling? I am weaponsmith/miner.

It looks like blue weapons are basically a random "crit" for the most part during crafting?

Personal preference really. If you're under level 15 I'd say avoid it, otherwise you won't be able to afford your mount. If over 15 it's up to you, but it will be a currency and time sink.

I despise current MMO's because of this. It's all a race to the end game now.

The race to the end, the "real game", is something that has been bothering me for a while with modern mmorpgs. It doesn't even just stop at getting to the level cap of whatever game you are playing, but things like easy teleports everywhere no mater the class, right into dungeons even, from anywhere in the world. It's not just a race to the end, its a race to get to where you are going leaving out the journey part that I always found the most enjoyable.

You can blame the themepark style of 'most 'mmo's

Don't really think it's that. You could have longer designed themepark mmos again as well, it's just that for the most part the people playing the games now don't find the same things fun as I do and do want to just skip over any type of travel or slowing factor in a game. I do think it hurts themepark mmos more though since they are the ones that need newer bigger and better content when people are getting tired of the top level stuff there is currently. So yeah, I think it is more of an audience issue then a themepark vs sandbox issue.

Kalnos

Banned
Don't really think it's that. You could have longer designed themepark mmos again as well, it's just that for the most part the people playing the games now don't find the same things fun as I do and do want to just skip over any type of travel or slowing factor in a game. I do think it hurts themepark mmos more though since they are the ones that need newer bigger and better content when people are getting tired of the top level stuff there is currently. So yeah, I think it is more of an audience issue then a themepark vs sandbox issue.

I actually agree with you but I'm curious, what kind of leveling speed are you wanting? Vanilla WoW? FFXI?

I actually agree with you but I'm curious, what kind of leveling speed are you wanting? Vanilla WoW? FFXI?

Somewhat of a mixture actually. The length of FF11, but where not everything takes a full party to get anything done or kill things of equal level. It is irrelevant though since I know my tastes don't have any mass market appeal and wouldn't be profitable. Vanilla WoW was really great for me, world design and speed wise, but mmorpgs aren't going back to that, much less adding even more world content to.

Kalnos

Banned
Somewhat of a mixture actually. The length of FF11, but where not everything takes a full party to get anything done or kill things of equal level. It is irrelevant though since I know my tastes don't have any mass market appeal and wouldn't be profitable. Vanilla WoW was really great for me, world design and speed wise, but mmorpgs aren't going back to that, much less adding even more world content to.

Definitely not going back to that, sadly. The only real bet for that kind of experience again is a good private server, but those just aren't there yet really.

With that said... the teleporting, instanced world, and general lack of cohesiveness of zones is probably my biggest complaint about the game. I pretty much never have to leave Illium to do anything, which makes me wonder why Carbine thinks anyone is going to spend a ton of plat on a hoverboard when they're hardly useful for anything other than getting from the AH to the crafting area.

Azzurri

Definitely not going back to that, sadly. The only real bet for that kind of experience again is a good private server, but those just aren't there yet really.

With that said... the teleporting, instanced world, and general lack of cohesiveness of zones is probably my biggest complaint about the game. I pretty much never have to leave Illium to do anything, which makes me wonder why Carbine thinks anyone is going to spend a ton of plat on a hoverboard when they're hardly useful for anything other than getting from the AH to the crafting area.

Yea, instanced world and teleporting really kills games sense of world for me. I love open world games with none to very few instances.

Yea, instanced world and teleporting really kills games sense of world for me. I love open world games with none to very few instances.

I don't mind instanced dungeons and designed encounters. Think a full open world game is going too far in the other direction for me since there is still stuff I enjoy about instances, just not on main world bits.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So, Blighthaven kinda sucks, Not sure if anyone else is actually enjoying the new zone.

There must have been a handful of quests and now all of them are groups of 5+. No one is ever on widow at AUS night time (i really should have gone the oceanic labeled one...) so it's just an empty place.

Is blight busy for anyone else here? Do you find yourself doing the events every day etc ?

Skele7on

Banned
Is there like a crazy difficulty spike at 24? Because suddenly I get the shit kicked out of my on quests.

no but you may get absolutely raped by dominion or Exile players.

I had the worst time getting ganked, when I'm level 50 I'm going to the Exile starting place and getting my revenge.

I'm level 31 now and on Farside, more PVP encounters but handling them better now.

eznark

Banned
It's not even players. I'm trying to do story quests and just get destroyed. Never had any problems up to now. It's nuts.

Retro

Just as a head's up, there are reports on Reddit that Carbine is charging people multiple times to renew their subscription (one guy was billed $14.99 six times, others reporting three or four, I believe). Check your bank accounts.

TheYanger

So, Blighthaven kinda sucks, Not sure if anyone else is actually enjoying the new zone.

There must have been a handful of quests and now all of them are groups of 5+. No one is ever on widow at AUS night time (i really should have gone the oceanic labeled one...) so it's just an empty place.

Is blight busy for anyone else here? Do you find yourself doing the events every day etc ?

I liked the main questline, some really fun ones in there and it was fairly short with a lot less annoying task stuff and more other stuff. The 5 man quests require a bit of work to get a group for, but there's not much else to it. Definitely doing the tree and scorchwing daily - they have really nice rewards sometimes and it's easy to get em done. Scorchwing also counts for the attunement world bosses, and the tree (for now) completes if you're anywhere in the zone when it's done, so it's easy to just afk there if you need.

XaosWolf

Came to GAF to ask if I should get this or not. As a fan of ARPGs, is this more my thing?

I'm interested in the combat, artstyle and classes, but not sure if I can drop the solid £30 for this flat out.

Still kicking myself for missing the beta.

Came to GAF to ask if I should get this or not. As a fan of ARPGs, is this more my thing?

I'm interested in the combat, artstyle and classes, but not sure if I can drop the solid £30 for this flat out.

Still kicking myself for missing the beta.

Are you NA? I can send you a guest pass and you can try it out. It's actiony, but it's still very much an MMO.

Azzurri

I liked the original EQ where ports were a class specific skill.

I do too, when certain class have skills only that class can do, but I get why they do what they do now. People just don't have the patience so everyone can basically do everything in MMO's now.

Everis

Banned
Just noticed the Rest In Piecemaker sword was in my account items. Maybe its been there for a while and I missed it. Anyone else got it? It looks so badass, gonna have to start leveling a warrior alt now. >.<

Just noticed the Rest In Piecemaker sword was in my account items. Maybe its been there for a while and I missed it. Anyone else got it? It looks so badass, gonna have to start leveling a warrior alt now. >.<

Oh, sweet. Didn't notice either! If only we could costume other weapons on our characters. I'd love to shoot lasers from a sword on my Medic.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Well, didn't get a trial code offer and didn't feel like groveling, so just jumped in headfirst instead for $45 (GMG voucher discount).

Looking forward to trying this out this weekend.

Any mandatory add ons I should be looking out for and suggested PvP realms on NA side?

Top Bottom