• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
The main problem with the US Open is the awful scheduling combined with rain. If they got a roof then things would probably be fine and they might even get to have the final on the Sunday.

My Slam ordering is:

Wimbledon
Australian
US Open
French

I'd swap French and US around personally. Probably because I grew up having hardly any access to it unlike the other tournaments.

Wimbledon
Australian
US
French

That is the order of things. The French open is incredibly boring. I just wish that the Australian open turned back into a grasscourt tournament. Grass > *

It's basically...
Wimbledon
Australian
US Open
French

Stakhovsky slipped and landed awkwardly on his right foot, stopped play in the middle of the game and called a trainer. If you knocked Fed out you could at least stay and keep me entertained with your serve and volley play, sheesh! =P

Seems like he might be ok though!

Wes

venison crêpe
Woah I didn't realise Peng lost. Robson has to play Erakovic of New Zealand now, who is ranked about 70, for a place in the round of 16. Would be unbelievable!

Just caught up with Robson's match on iPlayer (was out of the office working with an external client so I missed it). Definitely a lot of room for improvement, a better opponent would have beaten her quite easily today, but she still go the win and that's important. If she plays like she played against Maria in the next round she will sail through possibly until the QF and get knocked out by Serena(?) which would be a great run. She needs to get that form back though, she was not looking great today though and it was just the awful quality of opposition that saw her through.

Kerber - Kanepi was great. Reminded me of the Kerber - Azarenka matches last year. When Kerber plays someone who attacks her you get some excellent matches, otherwise you get the Kerber/Wozniacki moonball fests like earlier this year.

Such a massive jump in quality from the Robson match, which was horrible.

Bigfoot

Wimbledon
US
Australian
French

For me that is. For the players, who knows.

I know for sure that pre-80s, it was

Wimbledon
US
French
Australian

Lots of the big name players would skip the AO.

Akito

cfc3sbk500aab5x1y.jpg

Heh.

Akito

I think this is the first time I've watched a whole match with Bouchard, she's certainly not the most exciting player to watch to say the least. Would do it again :(

krYlon

In a column for the BBC, Henman tagged him as the biggest threat between Murray and the final. I'm inclined to agree.

If he continues to play like that then certainly. However, I have this niggling feeling that he will lose in the next round against Melzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom