• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Was that Hingis sitting in Robredo's box? She looks a lot different than I remember
in my dreams.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
6th time in a row that the person who knocks federer out of a slam loses their next match.

What a fucking joke. That's what bothers me the most :p used to be when somebody knocked Federer out, they'd end up winning the tournament!

szaromir

Banned
What a fucking joke. That's what bothers me the most :p used to be when somebody knocked Federer out, they'd end up winning the tournament!
Used to be that either Fed won a slam or he lost in the final for some 5 years or so. Alas, that time is no more :(

Poor ESPN, all they have to show is a Murray match in its entirety. They cant even show a replay of a Venus match.

Lol at Grigor, brah had a real chance. Did he really date Serena?

Niraj

I remember Safin lol

That tweener on match point lol :( ugh

Used to be that either Fed won a slam or he lost in the final for some 5 years or so. Alas, that time is no more :(

Yeah :(

Poor ESPN, all they have to show is a Murray match in its entirety. They cant even show a replay of a Venus match.

Lol at Grigor, brah had a real chance. Did he really date Serena?

Yeah dude. Sharapova now. Prob Azarenka next.

szaromir

Banned
Dang. That seems like an odd couple, considering their ages and the brahs Serena has dated.
I don't think it was ever confirmed they were dating (serena and dimugtrov), seeing though as Serena said he has black heart they must have some history :p

I'm cheering for two Petras at the moment :)

szaromir

Banned
Yup. It's the worst when there's an American playing. 90% of the time they suck ass, so why do they even bother :p
Yeah, I'm watching Cetkovska-Stephens and it's as if Cetkovska wasn't there.

Shame she's still a choker coming back after her injury. If she was mentally stronger and was faster on her feet, we could enjoy Martina Hingis-like brilliance. :(

szaromir

Banned
Various tweets:
Wow: 10 of the Top 10 men's & women's seeds reached the 3R of #Wimbledon. Joint-worst performance by Top 10 seeds at any Slam in Open Era.

This is the worst performance by top 10 women's seeds at any Slam in Open Era. The previous fewest to reach R3 was 5 @rolandgarros '01.

Melzer on playing Stakhovsky: "Go out there & show him that I'm not Roger Federer & I can return his serve & make him play tough volleys." Ice cold.

Haas: "U have to earn everything. U can't buy ATP pts to buy ur ranking. It's not possible; otherwise Gulbis would be No. 1 in the world."

Niraj

I mean, Soderling imitating Nadal and kicking over his water bottles at Wimbledon a few years ago was the best. Though there are some real crazy brahs on the Challengers.

For sure man, that was awesome. Too bad mono killed him (or drug bans, depending on who you ask I guess). Wish there were more entertaining dudes around these days. We haven't even had any Baggy-style racquet breaking meltdowns in awhile, or Youzhny making himself bleed, or Nalbandian attacking tour officials in awhile. Those kinds of things.

Peru

ahah

BN6uoMTCQAASUGv.jpg:large

I really do hate our tabloid press. As good as she is, she's an unseeded player, and she has to earn the right to play on centre court by getting her ranking up. There are bigger matches, and real tennis fans want to see those as well.

B..bu..bu..but she's "Princess Laura", don't you know who she is. She's the girl with the shaky serve who put a top 10 seed out; do you even know how hard that is to do, it's unprecedented, particularly in the women's game. Now every match of hers from now on will be played on centre court, even those at other tournaments. They'll just have to fly her opponents in as she competes for the US Open on Wimbledon's centre court. She's a princess you know.

mclem

Serena playing against a 42 year old today!

I'm not sure I've known anyone with the sheer longevity of Date-Krumm, yet still with the ability to do much better than some younger folks. Phenomenal.

Watching Marray/Fleming in the doubles at the moment: Has there been a situation where a champion doubles team has split and *both* members take on new partners... and met in the final of the tournament they won previously?

I'm not sure I've known anyone with the sheer longevity of Date-Krumm, yet still with the ability to do much better than some younger folks. Phenomenal.

Watching Marray/Fleming in the doubles at the moment: Has there been a situation where a champion doubles team has split and *both* members take on new partners... and met in the final of the tournament they won previously?

It's a lovely story really. Someone who just plays for the love of the game, and at the age of 42, she can still give a good account of herself against much younger players. You never know what could happen when she comes up against Serena today, we've had so many upsets already, why not one more?

Akito

Still don't the time to watch any matches today but what's wrong with Gulbis? 2 sets and one break down in the third, that's it for him surely?

Reyne

Verdasco looked rather respectable out there actually. Served and returned real well and didn't give Gulbis much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom