• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i didn't have problems with my wireless on my desktop and a old ass laptop. /shrug.

Apparently I didn't even need to enter the Key. I just checked and it says my Windows is activated and it shows the last few digits of my Win 8 CD Key. I didn't have to do anything.

Lots of updates. Getting more apps I will need too!!

I'm already in love with Windows 8 and I'm only using it remotely.

I should do some work while I'm in the office.

TxdoHawk

Wow! My computer came back online. I'm in Windows 8 through logmein and it's setting up!

Gutsy. I would have fully expected something with LogMeIn to go pear-shaped in the upgrade process. I wonder if upgrading to the Release Preview broke my RDP I had set up in 7...

Edit: Yup, sure looks like it did. That's what I get for trusting built-in functionality, I suppose. :p

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/samsung-ativ-smart-pc

So I think this is the tablet for me. Full Windiws 8 plus 64GB of storage, pen input and keyboard dock. Only issue is the integrated Intel Graphics.

On the flipside, you're getting much better battery life.

Everdred

It's remarkable that I came into work not expecting to buy Windows 8 until tomorrow and now I have it all installed and almost setup a day early and all done remotely.

DONE! Looking at the Start screen via logmein.
Damn, we live in the future!

Steam version of Assassin's Creed 1 has some issues on Windows 8. The game locks up for a second or two every time I do an assassination plus in some other cases as well. I believe AC2 doesn't have this issue.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
at least acer has it for my laptop :D

just updating some app softwares. downloading chrome and whatnot. before i go back to downloading the drivers.

I have an Acer as well. Either I'm not getting the right drivers or my laptop doesn't support multitouch?

Edit: She is sexy imo, :lol

Weenerz

Banned
I hate when new hardware comes out, I really want to sell my ipad 3 and buy an RT tablet, then buy the ipad mini. UGH!

EWDdv.jpg

Top Bottom