• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

Quick

Banned
Is Microsoft offering Windows 8 in an ISO file in plain sight, or do people have to dig through their site to find it?

f0lken

So I am trying to get my music to show up in the Music app and I followed all there directions and it still says I have none. Am I missing something?

Do you have your music in a partition of your HDD?? I had the same problem and it was because my files partition was A:, and I had to change it to something below C:, in my case was F:

Quick

Banned
I say "dig" because I remember not seeing Windows 7's ISO file plainly to download. The download assistant for it wasn't an ISO, either.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

You should be able to. MS has always been good in the past at letting you reuse the key after major hardware changes. You may have to call them but I wouldn't worry about it.

rukland

Do you have your music in a partition of your HDD?? I had the same problem and it was because my files partition was A:, and I had to change it to something below C:, in my case was F:

Nope mine is all on C: so I am really confused at the moment.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
before installing i suggest setting up all of your account stuff. Making sure facebook, twitter etc.. are connected. And i suggest using your xbox live account.

should be at account.live or something. Anyway it will make the installation process smoother because everything will log in automatically and all your stuff will be ready to go.

Quick

Banned
No worries Louie, things will work out :)

iJrpjo0hl2Fg9.gif

I think the license is only for one machine afaik...could be wrong though.

It's always been for one machine, unless it's a volume license key.

before installing i suggest setting up all of your account stuff. Making sure facebook, twitter etc.. are connected. And i suggest using your xbox live account.

should be at account.live or something. Anyway it will make the installation process smoother because everything will log in automatically and all your stuff will be ready to go.

Haven't setup my xbox and twitter yet.

I was trying to switch my Live email address a couple of days ago but it kept telling me the address I wanted to use was unavailable. I want to keep everything uniform and using my gmail address. So frustrating.

any idea y i cant enter a code in there?

pD20D.png

i received my 15€ code but i cant type those numbers o_O.

You need to download the upgrade utility first and then go through all the steps until you reach this screen. Then apply your discount.

Blablurn

Haven't setup my xbox and twitter yet.

I was trying to switch my Live email address a couple of days ago but it kept telling me the address I wanted to use was unavailable. I want to keep everything uniform and using my gmail address. So frustrating.

You need to download the upgrade utility first and then go through all the steps until you reach this screen. Then apply your discount.

TTOOLL

So, I want to use that upgrade program in which you need a valid XP, Vista ou W7 key. Do I need to have the system installed? I have a Vista key but I'm using the RP version of W8...

Is it possible to download Win 8 Pro from anywhere for free and then use a product key in the following few days to activate it? I'm on the IEEE thing and it'll be two more days before my code clears but I want Win8 now :(

Is it possible to download Win 8 Pro from anywhere for free and then use a product key in the following few days to activate it? I'm on the IEEE thing and it'll be two more days before my code clears but I want Win8 now :(

Windows 8 has no grace period as far as I know, you have to provide a key at install time.

Quick

Banned

Sure.

You're given a 30 day trial of Windows 8 (being able to extend that to 160 days with a command), then it'll ask you to enter a product key.

trying to see how far i can get with the upgrade via RDP. obviously i'll finish it off when i get home, but if i can get most of the way through that'll save me time. it's probably a bad idea though :)

Top Bottom