• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

zedge

Also you could of used the on screen keyboard to log in.
W8 is not even installed yet.. it did all the setup etc. Said I had to uninstall drivers. Then it let me restart.. however it restarted to my w7 log in screen and I could not use my kb. The old ps2 keyboard worked and I got logged in. Now it's actually installing W8.. Rather strange setup process.

Krakatoa

Alright thanks! Method 1 worked. Any idea why mine was permanent?
Did you ever enable test mode in widows 7? If so I believe it will carry it over.

You may have enabled a long time ago to load an unsigned driver and forgot about it. Anyway I am glad that fixed the issue.

I cant find most apps on the store ( I live in Puerto Rico ). I am running the Release Preview, and I will not upgrade to full Windows 8 until Im quite sure that I will have everything I need..... is the App Store regional??

Also, 4 updates just wont install for me. It doesnt let me even download them.

MrBig

I cant find most apps on the store ( I live in Puerto Rico ). I am running the Release Preview, and I will not upgrade to full Windows 8 until Im quite sure that I will have everything I need..... is the App Store regional??

RTM apps cannot be accessed from the RP.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

release preview stopped getting applications awhile ago.

Bullza2o

Did you ever enable test mode in widows 7? If so I believe it will carry it over.

You may have enabled a long time ago to load an unsigned driver and forgot about it. Anyway I am glad that fixed the issue.

I don't remember doing that, but I did reformat just 3 months ago. Thanks for the help!

fritolay

Sorry I am not in the loop, can you buy Windows 8 and download now? Or is it a timezone thing?
Edit - I get same thing as above post, I already have MS account.

dLMN8R

I'm having trouble deleting the Windows.old folder. Getting a lot of errors from TrustedInstaller, and all of the results through Google are only relevant for Windows 7 (8 seems to have different options for Security). Anyone have any idea how to bypass this and free up 20GB?

I'm getting the same, even though I told the upgrade assistant to keep nothing it made a 60GB Windows.old folder. Managed to delete most of it but ~13GB just won't budge :/

The windows.old folder will be automatically cleaned up after something like 1-2 weeks. If you want to remove it now, use the Disk Cleanup wizard found in Properties after right-clicking on a drive in File Explorer.

Holy shit, Homegroup streaming with Windows 8 works flawlessly. Only had to enable one setting for media streaming to instantly get videos on my PS3.

It was really awesome effortlessly streaming a 720 video over the homegroup onto my Surface :)

How long has Word Heros been around for? Wordmanet has been on Windows Phone forever.

kms_md

at first glance, i am disappointed by the store. the only way i could search was using the search that is enabled by moving to the hot corner.

The windows.old folder will be automatically cleaned up after something like 1-2 weeks. If you want to remove it now, use the Disk Cleanup wizard found in Properties after right-clicking on a drive in File Explorer.

It was really awesome effortlessly streaming a 720 video over the homegroup onto my Surface :)

How long has Word Heros been around for? Wordmanet has been on Windows Phone forever.
wordament came out april 2011, word heroes came out august 2011. okay.

Carton

at first glance, i am disappointed by the store. the only way i could search was using the search that is enabled by moving to the hot corner.

Windows key + 'F' brings up the search options for the system in general, from where you can select to search the store.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

You didn't have a problem with your CC? I'm in the USVI and I can't get any of my CC to work.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My start screen so far.

start.jpg

Also I'm glad Xbox Music pulled in all my Zune Pass stuff.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I can't answer the reddit question, but every app store has its own region. It's on the developer to decide where it will be published.

this is ridiculous. europe is amazingly bad for the app store and the app store is already shit. I don't think ipad does this....

edit: and example or several examples of the shitness of the appstore in euroland.
See the guys above start screen. We have no

-jetpack joyride
-pinball fx2
-netflix (god damnit)

stopped looking after that. I hope you choke and die with this release microsoft. GRRRR was an enthusiastic supporter until I found this out. so retarded.

clav

Attempting a clean install using the $40 Windows 8 Pro offer.

The setup took my key from the DVD-ROM/USB drive boot.

No one is reading my OP :'/

y u no update OP with new info? Windows 8 Preview users can use the $40 upgrade.

stktt

Banned
yeah just about all of them have live tile support. there isn't really a great rss app in the store yet though. All of them seem kind of rough.

Modern Reader is pretty good. An update just came out that lets you automatically open articles in a new IE tab, so snap view is no longer completely useless.

Top Bottom