• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

Ok that was kinda cool with Skype snapped to the left and gaming on the right + streaming the display to a giant screen. Windows is so damn flexible.

SeanR1221

So I decided I'm sticking with Windows 8, but I'm returning the Acer and getting a Lenovo Yoga. That thing has awesome build quality. Love it.

Jexemad

Is something wrong with the $14.99 upgrade site? Every time I try to put my info I get rejected and told I'm not eligible for it, even before putting my PC's product number.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Is something wrong with the $14.99 upgrade site? Every time I try to put my info I get rejected and told I'm not eligible for it, even before putting my PC's product number.
need to select a date after june 2nd.

nan0

Do people still want 360 Controller support for Metro? I quickly fiddled a working prototype together, but it would need some finetuning now.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
People always pimp Shadowgun when demoing phones and tablets, but it's a pretty shitty game. I guess it looks nice.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So the upgrade isn't working in the USVI. MS customer service is "looking into it". Anywhere legit where I can purchase a key for $15-$20?

New surface + BUILD conference :)

XfXeO.jpg

JaggedSac

How do you use a non-microsoft email for the W8 mail app? I can't find the "add account" option anywhere

Always remember the charm bar(one on right) and settings is contextual. If what you are looking for isn't in there, try the app bar(one on bottom, swipe up or right click).

Anton Sugar said:
Now it's over, Build attendees scored big time: Surface, Nokia 920, 100gb SkyDrive, and $8 dev license (non Build attendees get that last one too)

How do non-build attendees get the $8 developer license!?!?!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just ran through the 'upgrade assistant' on my win 8 preview copy. Gave me a 'buy now' option at the end for win8 pro 30 euro.

sounds good, however I currently have 2 partitions a win7 and a win8. I want to just blast everything and start fresh/clean with a new win8 partition. Can I do that with the 30euro 2GB digital download?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Always remember the charm bar(one on right) and settings is contextual. If what you are looking for isn't in there, try the app bar(one on bottom, swipe up or right click).

How do non-build attendees get the $8 developer license!?!?!
They said the dev license will be $8 for the next 8 days.

Top Bottom