• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

kharma45

ueSgYcq.png

C:\Users\My Name\AndroidStudioProjects\MyApplication

I get this Error:
Your project location contains whitespace. This can cause problems on some platforms and is not recommended.

How can I fix My Name to MyName? Can I just create a new Folder under Users?

Heretic

C:\Users\My Name\AndroidStudioProjects\MyApplication

I get this Error:
Your project location contains whitespace. This can cause problems on some platforms and is not recommended.

How can I fix My Name to MyName? Can I just create a new Folder under Users?

Sort of. Create a new user and just copy your stuff over.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how much her creators hated her.

But it's great that she's getting good with that stuff, even for niche sports. Formula 1 should be next.

That would be cool, but picking a Merc every race would be too easy. Having her pick who Maldonado is going to crash into would be awesome, though.

KageMaru

So who is going to install WP10 preview on their daily drivers?

I'm gonna wait for now.

It's tempting but I'll wait to see how buggy it is. Hopefully some Icon owners here will update and let us know how it runs. With denim possibly coming this month, I'm more interested in trying the new camera features. The new camera app is available for denim phones, right? Would be stupid for MS to release it for the 930 with denim but not the Icon, which means that's exactly what will happen.

hadareud

The Translator
I'll definitely try it out on my 1020 straight away. If it's not ready I'll go back to 8.1 via the recovery tool, no harm done.

ElNino

I'll definitely try it out on my 1020 straight away. If it's not ready I'll go back to 8.1 via the recovery tool, no harm done.
That's what I'm thinking of doing as well (also on my 1020).

Depending on how 10 runs on the 1020, it might help me hold off on buying a 1520 before they are all gone and wait for the mysterious "flagship" phone that may come this year.

Qualcomm confirms a Lumia flagship using the 810 chip for this year. So hoping it's a camera beast and not some gimmicky 3D touch phone.

kazinova

Bah! Now my 1520 is doing that glitch where the Extras and Info screen shows my phone on Lumia Denim but I'm not actually on Denim.

Arg, I got totally fooled by it and though it auto-installed. Lumia Camera won't load so I know it's wrong.

Boo. What a torturous glitch.

this_guy

Sammy is only ditching it for the US variant, no?

Nothing is certain yet, but the rumors are Samsung plans on ditching the 810 altogether. The 810 will be using standard ARM 64 bit cpu cores (8 cores total - 4 high performance a57 cores and 4 a53 cores for battery), so cpu performance should be roughly equivalent to whatever 64 bit Exynos processor Samsung releases. Past high end Snapdragon processors out performed the competition because Qualcomm designed their own cpu cores (Krait cores and the original Snapdragon core).

Tetra Lockscreen is still a POS and it still does that buggy "Resuming" thing if you uninstall the app before removing it as your lock screen.

Perf degrade is pretty frustrating, seeing more and more resume screens on my 1520 lately.

----------------

There a preview SDK for Win 10/Universal Apps yet? Or not unitl BUILD?

Top Bottom