• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

ElNino

derFeef

Whats the best way to copy a SD card without messing up dates of photos etc? Windows changes the date (modified) and WP takes that as shot date, which I do not want.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Think I may be experiencing my first Android jank. Chrome, Twitter, etc. Are loading incredibly slow over wifi. My WP and laptop seem fine however.

Brot converted from 6brot to 6tsun

You can. Just make sure you enroll on the slow ring

Shut up! It's totally not what you think it is, Baka!

Think I may be experiencing my first Android jank. Chrome, Twitter, etc. Are loading incredibly slow over wifi. My WP and laptop seem fine however.

Have you tried a hard reset? You should be used to it from your Windows Phone days.

Why isn't brot doing the new OP? I know he has an android phone now, but this is the superior android thread anyway.

I know basically nothing about Windows 10 Mobile, other than the sadness that I get from impressions in this thread.

MCD

Shut up! It's totally not what you think it is, Baka!

Have you tried a hard reset? You should be used to it from your Windows Phone days.

I know basically nothing about Windows 10 Mobile, other than the sadness that I get from impressions in this thread.

Just do a copy pasta from this thread and slap the number 10 on it. Not like MS is putting any more effort anyway.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't want to lose all mt data though :(

Surprisingly i didn't have to do that often on WP until i started all the insider stuff

I had to do a hard reset 3 times before I gave up on my G4, ya'll can't say I didn't warn you tho. I simply cannot wait until brot jumps into the maddening cycle of frustration that is a Samsung phone. Its gonna be great!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I had to do a hard reset 3 times before I gave up on my G4, ya'll can't say I didn't warn you tho. I simply cannot wait until brot jumps into the maddening cycle of frustration that is a Samsung phone. Its gonna be great!

Lol

We will see how the next few months go. Since it is WiFi issues I might be able to sort it out.

Paganmoon

Been using the wireless display adapter while on vacation, and boy does video streaming lag at times. If I mirror my display instead of extending it with continuum, I see that the video is playing fine on my phone. But chops, slows down, and speeds ip on the tv. Anyone experience this and has a solution?

hadareud

The Translator
I know I posted about it the other day, but the battery life on my 950 is amazing since the firmware update.

I last charged it around 27 hours ago, now it's on 33% after relatively extensive use including around 2 hours of Waze.

Anyone else seeing a significant increase since the update?

derFeef

I know I posted about it the other day, but the battery life on my 950 is amazing since the firmware update.

I last charged it around 27 hours ago, now it's on 33% after relatively extensive use including around 2 hours of Waze.

The latest on teh fast ring included a firmware update? Or a regular one?
Since I started working today again, now I can start my real test of battery life and the 950 in general. RIP 630 <3

derFeef

Ah okay, then I wait.
Also I set the screen scale to 300% - it's more pleasent to me. But damn the FB messenger interface is huuuuuge. It looks hilarious.

I never have to reset my One Plus and I have it for over a year now. Up until the recent update I never have it slow down or significant stuttering or slow to open app. Again your problem with LG is because you were using carrier Android phone.

My wife refuse to learn Android or Apple iPhone so I probably going to get her 950 when it is cheape,soon I hope.

Been using the wireless display adapter while on vacation, and boy does video streaming lag at times. If I mirror my display instead of extending it with continuum, I see that the video is playing fine on my phone. But chops, slows down, and speeds ip on the tv. Anyone experience this and has a solution?
The wireless display adapter is pretty poor in my experience. Try lowering the resolution, sometimes it helps.

But overall, the wireless display app on xbone just does the job much better, thought it's not flawless either, as it can crash or lose connection quite often.

ty_hot

Tried to move some apps from the device to the SD card and it fucked up everything, had to Reset the phone completely. This when we should already have the final W10 version released.... lumia 640, btw.

Paganmoon

The wireless display adapter is pretty poor in my experience. Try lowering the resolution, sometimes it helps.

But overall, the wireless display app on xbone just does the job much better, thought it's not flawless either, as it can crash or lose connection quite often.

Not sure I can change the resolution when using continuum or mirroring my phone.

Oh well, was hoping to be able to stream movies to the hotel TV while on vacation. Guess Thai-dubbed movies will have to do.

Yea. The battery life I get out of my 950 always astounds me at how long it lasts. It's great.
I used to have major battery issues but it's all good now.

"Surface Phone to ditch 3.0mm aux port".

How would you take the news, peeps?

I would get a different phone. I have a nice pair of wired headphones I use all the time. If my son is sleeping in the living room I will listen to a podcast with my headphones, also my classroom is wired for speakers, but you have to plug the phone into them, and I like to listen to stuff on my phone when I am grading and such. I need a headphone jack on my phone.

Zeknurn

The 3.5mm auxiliary port is always the first thing to fail on all my smartphones so I would gladly welcome them replacing it with something isn't complete shit.

Waze on WP? Does that still work?

ElNino

The 3.5mm auxiliary port is always the first thing to fail on all my smartphones so I would gladly welcome them replacing it with something isn't complete shit.
Really? I can't think of any device of mine that has ever had the 3.5mm jack damaged. Headphone cords are damaged all the time, but I've never seen the port itself.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I never have to reset my One Plus and I have it for over a year now. Up until the recent update I never have it slow down or significant stuttering or slow to open app.

Are having issues now?

Regardless, lets keep pretending I didn't own an s6 edge and a Note 4 prior to the G4. 2015 was the year of Android for me, it did not go well. I obviously liked a lot about the platform or else I wouldn't have bought 3 separate flagship phones for it in one year. I think I would still be on Android if I had gotten an M9, but camera is very important to me and that's the one area HTC just can't get right.

derFeef

That seems.. unusual? Also a whole lot of app updates, 2 pages even.
ZjTN8tG.png

edit: yup, something is messed up, it's updating (and/or failing) the same apps over and over again.

ElNino

That's too bad, but I can't imagine it's worse than without any case. Constant fear of dropping...
No, it's not worse than without the case (I do use mine), it's just that I was hoping it would have better grip to make one-handed usage a bit easier. It doesn't add too much bulk either which is nice, and the button covers are easy enough to use. Only problem with the buttons is that it's almost impossible to feel the difference in the two stages of the camera button, so I generally use the on screen controls for photos.

"Surface Phone to ditch 3.0mm aux port".

How would you take the news, peeps?

Does it come with a set of decent earbuds that work whatever new system they're using?

If so, I'd be a lot less upset. It'd still strike me as somewhat scummy on general principle, but so long as they're a) moving to a USBC standard and b) including a pair of USBC earbuds, I wouldn't mind too much.

Top Bottom