• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

Using the preview builds is a test of patient on 640.

Every time a new build arrives I get an error saying that either there's no space left on the phone, or that the system tried to use the SD card to perform the update but couldn't.

The thing is, I have over 6GB of free space on the device, and over 40 on the SD card, how is that not enough?

And there's no way I'm going to revert back to 8.1 just so I can upgrade, I already did that over 3 times in the last few weeks.

n64coder

I'm having trouble with the Groove App. It comes up and exits immediately. I tried powering it off and on again but same issue. I don't see any way to uninstall App. So I guess hard reset might be my only option left?

Over at reddit, a bunch of people are reporting this issue. Seems to be related to the new Groove update they pushed out. Hopefully a fix will be out today.

n64coder

ElNino

Yup, it's very bad.
630 with 8.1 over night - 1% loss
950 with altest build over night - 20% loss

both flight mode and rebooted to test it.
I didn't notice this over the weekend, but I'll watch it today to see how it goes. My stand by battery life has mostly been quite good with the 950 XL, but some games/apps still murder it while in heavy use.

hadareud

The Translator
Yeah it's pretty great. I now charge my phone every other day and with the rapid charging it's full after I shower and have a coffee in the morning.

Before I'd be worried getting through the day.

hwalker84

$564 is pretty good. I guess this is the RM1085, single sim variant. I wonder why they sell the RM1116 dual SIM in the US but not in Europe? I would have thought that dual SIM would be more popular in Europe. Is this mostly for the business market where you might have a personal SIM and then a work SIM?

Wait this is the single sim? Does that mean I can get Visual Voice Mail with ATT??

hadareud

The Translator
Is this the "Core Build ID" part of the Extras section of Settings?

Mine ends with 15506.02000

So I guess mine is older than yours.

Xn5wIYW.jpg

n64coder

Ok, thanks. On that screen, mine ends with 2005 so I guess it's still older. I wonder when I'll get the new version as I would like to get the better battery life.

Firmware revision for me ends with 02024. I'm happy with the battery life I get right now, had 99% when I got out of my car this morning and now 8 hours later it's at 75%. Expected worse.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Considering my wife has had her own personal cab driver for the past 12 years or so, I think I'll survive without Uber... but I guess they are popular now.

I don't live in a Uber city, so I only use it when I travel, but once I used Uber, taking a cab seems archaic now. I love having the transaction done ahead of time, and the Uber drivers I've had all care about how I rate them, so they were nicer than any cabbie I've ever had. Plus it's been cheaper for me ever time, but I've never used it during surge pricing.

Either way, this sucks. I cant use the m.uber site either because it redirects to the app, which doesnt open.

kharma45

Über has come to where I live in Belfast but I don't see it dominating. The two big taxi firms already have what makes uber great, bookings via the app. Payment via their apps is coming too, one already has it. Only difference is not being able to rate your driver.

ElNino

I don't live in a Uber city, so I only use it when I travel, but once I used Uber, taking a cab seems archaic now. I love having the transaction done ahead of time, and the Uber drivers I've had all care about how I rate them, so they were nicer than any cabbie I've ever had. Plus it's been cheaper for me ever time, but I've never used it during surge pricing.

Either way, this sucks. I cant use the m.uber site either because it redirects to the app, which doesnt open.
Yeah, I would probably use Uber if I didn't already have a driver but I've never used them, or tried the app so I can't comment on it's lack of availability.

Have they said why it's down now? Don't they (MS and Uber) have a deal now as well? I know it was pre-installed on my XL.

Uber does food deliveries here in LA too. A restaurant will host an evening and for $10, that restaurant will bring you an appetizer, dinner, and dessert via an uber driver.

lol.

Don't worry Microsoft will make everyone happy during build.

I remember that thread on the gaming side during Build last year, where everyone thought that Microsoft would finally reveal the App Store for the Xbox One, powered by universal apps.

Good times.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I remember that thread on the gaming side during Build last year, where everyone thought that Microsoft would finally reveal the App Store for the Xbox One, powered by universal apps.

Good times.

You do know its happening right? I am guessing anytime this year, most likely during build 2016. They already confirmed, W10 apps will be available on every W10 devices.

You do know its happening right? I am guessing anytime this year, most likely during build 2016. They already confirmed, W10 apps will be available on every W10 devices.

I'm sure it's happening at some point.

I'm just saying that "wait for Build" is something like a meme at this point. At least in this thread.

Wait for Mango, MWC, MIX, Build, WPC.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I'm sure it's happening at some point.

I'm just saying that "wait for Build" is something like a meme at this point. At least in this thread.

Wait for Mango, MWC, MIX, Build, WPC.

haha well ya. I was being sarcastic on my first post. I guess it didn't seem so obvious did it lol.

But ya I know its ridicules. But honestly this year its make or brake for Windows Phone. I am 100% positive if they cant pump out quality OS updates/apps and phones this year than that is it. Satya seems like a guy who wont support product that show no sign of growth.

Top Bottom