• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone 8.1 |OT| Update 1

KageMaru

It's better than the 930 camera, but not by a huge margin Imo. The 930/icon has a very good camera.

Yeah I've been really happy with the camera on the Icon. My only complaint with the Icon has been the low light photos. My 928 took amazing low light photos and the Icon didn't measure up as well. Guessing the larger aperture on the 928 is the reason for that.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Uh oh. My phone has rebooted at least four times today. Now, none of those times have been while I've actually been using it and everything comes back fine and it reboots quickly.......but wtf, did I get a dud? These updates were supposed to be monthly, I need it asap.

hwalker84

So supposedly the 650 was delayed further because of bugs. Also W10's release was delayed for older hardware because MS told OEM's "it's not ready" LOL yet you released it on the 950 and XL.

http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-to-reportedly-roll-out-windows-10-mobile-in-february/

Microsoft is now planning to start rolling out Windows 10 Mobile in February. According to the report, Microsoft sent an email to some of its partners which states that the OS is “not ready yet” — despite being shipped with devices like the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL which cost more than $500 and may offer a bad experience due to the OS being “not ready yet”.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It stinks, but it's not catastrophic. Most of the time, I know it rebooted only because the lock screen asks for the pin after a reboot rather than Hello. I'm just worried that there is something wrong with my unit.

Coolness

I'm thinking of getting a 950, but I'm on T-Mobile. Stuff like WiFi calling and visual voicemail won't work correct? Any other downsides? Could these be added on through updates?

I just posted and shit on the live tiles for Cortana and Calendar but now have to praise the updated live tile for Maps.

I'm close to getting off work and the tile changed and is mentioning traffic and alternate routes. Hmmm, I don't think it's dynamic like that but that tile did not look like that all day.

It stinks, but it's not catastrophic. Most of the time, I know it rebooted only because the lock screen asks for the pin after a reboot rather than Hello. I'm just worried that there is something wrong with my unit.

Phone randomly rebooting is not catastrophic for you? That would drive my day insane every time that I need to take a picture or text someone and it's rebooting.

NeOak

I'm thinking of getting a 950, but I'm on T-Mobile. Stuff like WiFi calling and visual voicemail won't work correct? Any other downsides? Could these be added on through updates?

Nope. That is firmware. So you better get whatever W10 they get if you want that.

Anybody got an opinion on W10 on a 1520....I've been really hesitant about testing it out.

Battery life is shit. Think Android level.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Phone randomly rebooting is not catastrophic for you? That would drive my day insane every time that I need to take a picture or text someone and it's rebooting.

It has never rebooted in the middle of taking a picture or texting. Most of the time, the only reason I know it rebooted is because the lock screen tells me. The phone boots pretty quickly. Of course, now that I've said that, it'll probably reboot in the middle of something important.

Treo360

Anybody got an opinion on W10 on a 1520....I've been really hesitant about testing it out.
Battery life is fine on mine, still some random bugs in apps (camera, Bluetooth sync) that causes a once in a while reboot. I get some touch screen issues every once and a while.

n64coder

Does anyone else find that the font size used in Edge on the 950XL is a bit small for the NeoGaf forums? I did try increasing it with the settings but no effect. I'll have to take a picture later to show the difference.

MCD

It has never rebooted in the middle of taking a picture or texting. Most of the time, the only reason I know it rebooted is because the lock screen tells me. The phone boots pretty quickly. Of course, now that I've said that, it'll probably reboot in the middle of something important.

Used to happen to me with Lumia 920.

Try these steps:

reinsert the sim card.

Make sure your sim card is not using an adapter or trimmed.

replace your sim card.

check if it's rebooting when the cell signal is weak. if it is, then that's the culprit.

maybe the sd card is faulty?

NeOak

My 1520 is burning battery at about 1% per 10 minutes with the screen off. With battery saver on.

Unfinished OS indeed.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Uber still won't load for me.

Also, gotta love companies that actually have a WP app and can't be bothered to put the logo next to the app store and google play logos.

Geez, the Band 2 thread has a 950 XL user who can't sync his Band 2. He went to an MS store to replace both and still got the same error. Geez, how embarrassing. This isn't Uber or Dominos Pizza, this is the Microsoft Health App, the Band 2, and a 950 XL.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Geez, the Band 2 thread has a 950 XL user who can't sync his Band 2. He went to an MS store to replace both and still got the same error. Geez, how embarrassing. This isn't Uber or Dominos Pizza, this is the Microsoft Health App, the Band 2, and a 950 XL.

Is this a common issue? Really embarrassing nonetheless

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

He can't open the app which is really odd. Do not have that problem on my XL.

Condom

It's been 3 months since leaving WP (1520s battery died), sad to see that W10M still isn't working properly.

Feel like MS really needs to explain themselves beyond 'upgrade path' excuses

NeOak

It's been 3 months since leaving WP (1520s battery died), sad to see that W10M still isn't working properly.

Feel like MS really needs to explain themselves beyond 'upgrade path' excuses

Any time I get the option to send a survey about battery life, I send 1 star and write "This is worse than 5.0 Lollipop"

Uber still won't load for me.

Also, gotta love companies that actually have a WP app and can't be bothered to put the logo next to the app store and google play logos.

Well, couple months from now when they pull the app for whatever reasons, they would have to remove the logo so it's better just not to put Windows Store logo up.

In the meantime, they figure Windows Phone user will find them and Microsoft will do most of the advertising on Windows Phone page. Win-Win.

wSzbZLA.jpg
Uber loves WP

Top Bottom