• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

Really? To who exactly? WM6.5 sales fell off a cliff after WP7 was announced except to existing corporate contracts. WP7 doesn't even have those.

If Microsoft had continued 6.5's design, they wouldn't stand out in the market against Android.

Progress happens slowly.

PG2G

Quoting myself to emphasize just how right I was. Not gloating or anything. I truly feel sorry for the True Believers who really believed in MS's stopgap planned for death from day 1 platform. Tee hee~

It is amusing how you came in two days before the announcement to say the exact same thing that numerous sources had already said, and you're telling us I told you so? lol

PG2G

Well, if you can pin as few or as many apps to the start screen as you want, that would imply there is something other than the start screen. If every installed app was put on the start screen, it wouldn't even be pinning.

hwalker84

Not going to lie after seeing a few of these brand new features I absolutely cannot wait for Nokia World in September. WP8 Hero device please.

Just woke up and skimmed through all the WP8 news:

Seems nice, still have a bit more to learn though it appears.

I like the new Start Screen, small tiles do look a bit cluttery but it's great that all apps are now expandable to large tiles. Thurrot said that they are bringing Contracts to WP8 which is also great if true. NDK is good for developers.

Bring on that new Nokia hardware.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I just checked, my wife's Lumia 900 still works. Phew. I thought we had just thrown away $99. Wait, scratch that, we actually didn't pay anything because Nokia gave us a $100 credit.

Edit: unless I'm crazy or dont understand the contracts concept, app contracts were shown in the conference. In the horrible video with the family in the restaurant, app contracts are used to handoff from the food ordering app to check ins on Facebook. I dont blame everyone for turning off the stream at that point and missing the part, lol.

derFeef

I just checked, my wife's Lumia 900 still works. Phew. I thought we had just thrown away $99. Wait, scratch that, we actually didn't pay anything because Nokia gave us a $100 credit.

Edit: unless I'm crazy or dont understand the contracts concept, app contracts were shown in the conference. In the horrible video with the family in the restaurant, app contracts are used to handoff from the food ordering app to check ins on Facebook. I dont blame everyone for turning off the stream at that point and missing the part, lol.

But they dropped support, how does it still work!?

Guys, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 share the same kernel, and IE10 has the same rendering engine on Windows 8 and Phone 8, does that mean Windows Phone 8 will support flash?

Eh, what's the point of getting a WP8 device, when it will most likely also fail to sell enough and won't get WP9 update. Microsoft is doing fine job alienating customers again...

Troll

Banned
So the podcast on WPcentral they claim that the notifications are going to get a make over, they said it's going to look good and we should be excited. Go us.

So the podcast on WPcentral they claim that the notifications are going to get a make over, they said it's going to look good and we should be excited. Go us.

They also said that 7.8 is really just a cosmetic update and only brings the new start screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom