• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

If Verizon get the flagship windows 8 phone I'm switching in a heartbeat. AT&T doesn't have LTE and I doubt it's coming this year in Pittsburgh.

PSGames

Yea there is one. Search for "don't wait for apollo" and we should be there since all we are talking about at this point is the Nokia lumia 900. but I am really lazy.... Like super lazy.....uuggghhh

Hmmm I've searched this and "Lumia" and nothing comes up.

Razdek

Banned
I really hope that WP8 overhauls the multi-tasking as the way it's currently implemented is the worse out of the three. If it works like W8 then I'll be happy but anything has to be better than what it has now.

I think they said that they implemented it this way to save battery life but honestly I haven't noticed that difference when compared to my Android device.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Just picked up a cyan 900. Hands down the most gorgeous phone I've ever seen. Black is just not the same, the cyan is on another level. Dont waste your time with the black one guys. The people at the store were all sporting black ones, and they were all sad they weren't given the cyan one. Pics soon, its for my wife so she wants to play with it first. :p

Just picked up a cyan 900. Hands down the most gorgeous phone I've ever seen. Black is just not the same, the cyan is on another level. Dont waste your time with the black one guys. The people at the store were all sporting black ones, and they were all sad they weren't given the cyan one. Pics soon, its for my wife so she wants to play with it first. :p

Yep. that was my opinion when I saw the black one.. and it is confirmed now that I have the Cyan..

Anyone have these issues?

http://wmpoweruser.com/some-nokia-lumia-900-handsets-having-connectivity-issues/

Thinking I might wait for white like I originally planned but I'm finding it hard to resist the blue.

Actually yes..

Rebooting seems to clear it up for me.. but I have had data connection issues.. and it takes longer than expected to acquire a network connection..

My focus was already connected as soon as it hit the lock screen.. the nokia takes several seconds to accomplish this task.. and I wasn't getting push emails this morning.. they came in immediately when I woke up the device and the wifi connected.. so I disabled Wifi and did some testing..

the data was not connected, despite saying "4G" in the upper left hand corner.

Rebooting the phone took care of it.. but if this report gains some additional traction I may look into getting my device replaced.

I am reading about data connectivity problem on Lumia 900, and it sound like the same problem I have with the Titan. They claim it's IMEI not properly registered. (The phone would loose data connection when resuming from airplane mode or not able to get signal for a long period of time (thus the phone shut the data off).

I think I am going to take my phone (Titan) back to At&t and see if they will let me exchange it.

@robobbandit - I think you should get that phone exchange.

Razdek

Banned
Hope this isn't too widespread. It wouldn't look all that good to have created all those phone beta attack ads and have this happen to them but if it is then I hope Microsoft, Nokia and AT&T acknowledge it right away and tell people.

From the forum it seems to be very widespread issue. LOL, at the beta phone campaign. Microsoft when will you ever learn. I also don't get the New York Nokia bash they did on Friday. I just don't understand spending all that money ... it's Microsoft they always want to be a media company. They did the same with Kinect and that stupid circus thing at E3.

@Robobandit - put the phone into plane mode and see if it loose data connection. It does take awhile to happen on my Titan. The phone will show it has data but it won't download anything. This happen every time when I am coming home in the morning and forget to reboot my phone. Though my problem goes away after soft reboot. Some on the forum are saying the problem on Lumia 900 is worst, when it will just loose connection and won't even reconnect after hard reset.

Razdek

Banned
From the forum it seems to be very widespread issue. LOL, at the beta phone campaign. Microsoft when will you ever learn. I also don't get the New York Nokia bash they did on Friday. I just don't understand spending all that money ... it's Microsoft they always want to be a media company. They did the same with Kinect and that stupid circus thing at E3.

I agree, if you're going to attack your competition you better make sure your product isn't prone to the same issues or others. So that makes it two failed marketing attempts that they've done this year that has come back to bite them in the ass.

@Robobandit - put the phone into plane mode and see if it loose data connection. It does take awhile to happen on my Titan. The phone will show it has data but it won't download anything. This happen every morning when I am coming home in the morning and forget to reboot my phone. Though my problem goes away after soft reboot. Some on the forum are saying the problem on Lumia 900 is worst, when it will just loose connection and won't even reconnect after hard reset.

Mine reconnects fine after putting it in airplane mode and taking it out.

My issues don't seem to have been as severe as some people are reporting..

f0lken

So i decided to wait for apollo lol, I waited for the Lumia 800 here in my country, and it finally came but IMO is too expensive even on renewal of my contract so I will get the Galaxy Note that is free for limited time, and hope that in october I can get an Apollo Windows Phone with a 720p screen for my birthday :).

But i won't abandon WP just like that, I got another Optimus 7 basically for free that I will use from time to time because I love this OS so much.

For me it has to be in plane mode (or lost data connection) for extend period for the problem to manifest.

mine was never in plane mode.. it just lost the connection overnight and didn't come back until I rebooted.

I'll do it again tonight and see if it is working in the morning.. if it isn't, I'll take it to ATT.

Blackhead

Redarse
With this thread being in Community and all is there a thread for the Lumia in off topic?
Don't wait for Apollo: Nokia Lumia 900 w/2 yr contract FREE (ATT) or $49 (Wal-Mart)
Today is the day I gotta hunker down and brave all the 900 pictures and impressions right? (where are they?) Few of you getting one today?

Also, rumors:

He sheds some light onto Nokia’s WP8 devices, which will include a PureView flagship (albeit with the Nokia N8′s 12 megapixel sensor)

So AT&T gets the Lumia. Verizon possible gets super PureView phone. Plausible?
Yikes. Nokia shouldn't corrupt the pureview moniker.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
http://www.freetimemachine.com went live today, simple game, win prizes, shows you OS aspects.

8D6CT.png

awww

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
My visual voicemail doesn't work, the support folks at at&t have been at it for about an hour trying different things.

Interesting that one of the first questions I got was whether my data was working without WiFi.

My visual voicemail doesn't work, the support folks at at&t have been at it for about an hour trying different things.

Interesting that one of the first questions I got was whether my data was working without WiFi.

Don't you mean your wife's visual voicemail? or do you have ownership of the device until the problems are sorted? :)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Don't you mean your wife's visual voicemail? or do you have ownership of the device until the problems are sorted? :)

Yeah, you're right, my wife's visual voicemail. You want to hear something funny? Their mixup means I have visual voicemail on my Focus S. :D

That free song is actually a code for 160 MSP.

I just about to come back and post this after I redeem the token. Now let see if I can get my wife to use her email and then my kids. Need points to feed my Mass Effect 3 addiction. Ugh, I swear that is the worst system ever buying packs to get random in game upgrade. It's feed my addiction of ex-CCG players … no wonder people were stealing Live account to buy the FIFA packs.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It doesn't quite work, it keeps asking me for a password, which I don't have. The at&t rep pretty much just gave up and said he'd call me back, which I doubt, so I'll call back later and see if I get to keep the option or not.

Also, PICS:

WP_000393.jpg

WP_000391.jpg

WP_000394.jpg

It doesn't quite work, it keeps asking me for a password, which I don't have. The at&t rep pretty much just gave up and said he'd call me back, which I doubt, so I'll call back later and see if I get to keep the option or not.

Also, PICS:

WP_000393.jpg

WP_000391.jpg

WP_000394.jpg

Needs more artsy The Verge filter!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
sounds like they sold you a device that had already been used by someone else.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Needs more artsy The Verge filter!

You know, that cyan color is giving my Samsung Focus S camera all kinds of fits. Check out the pic where I'm holding the phone, look at the upper left corner, the camera can't even make out that color. I have other photos that I couldn't post because my camera can't capture the entirety of the cyan and it keeps getting grained out. Nokia just created a color for its phones that my Samsung Focus S camera couldn't reproduce, lol.

sounds like they sold you a device that had already been used by someone else.

No, the Lumia 900 visual voicemail works fine, the one on my Samsung Focus S is the one asking me for a password.

The password should be the same as your PIN when you dial-in to get your voicemail.

At least, it was for me.

Magni

Also, PICS:

WP_000393.jpg

WP_000391.jpg

WP_000394.jpg

I know they've already been quoted, but I need to quote again, hnnnggggggg

PSGames

No, the Lumia 900 visual voicemail works fine, the one on my Samsung Focus S is the one asking me for a password.

Hold down 1 on your dial screen. This will call your voicemail. Press * to bypass any messages that may play and take you to the options menu. Press 1 for Administrative options and follow the prompts to take you to change your password. Once you set the new 4 digit passcode it will work on your Visual Voicemail setup screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom