• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Stopped at a handful of AT&T locations around Columbus trying to find a Cyan phone. No luck. Checked 3, all were sold out of Cyan. Bullshitting with random reps seemed to indicate that the phone is moving well early on. One of them even talked with some knowledge about the phone. Big improvement!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Hold down 1 on your dial screen. This will call your voicemail. Press * to bypass any messages that may play and take you to the options menu. Press 1 for Administrative options and follow the prompts to take you to change your password. Once you set the new 4 digit passcode it will work on your Visual Voicemail setup screen.

That didn't work. :(

hwalker84

I couldn't help myself I got a Cyan Lumia today :)

I already like it way more than my Titan.

VVM is working flawlessly and I'm enjoying LTE for the next few hours while I'm in Boston (no LTE in Pittsburgh)

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I'm sorry after you press *. You press 4 for personal options and then 2 for administrative options. Then it will prompt you with Password options. That should work or maybe since you aren't on LTE it is blocked.

Seems to be blocked for non lte phones. So close.

hwalker84

I was blown away in Boston by the ATT Boylston St store (they said its the busiest in Boston). They only had two Cyan Lumias left and the first store I went to only had black left. They said they're flying off the shelves. I saw at least 3 employees using black 900's and they all are very happy with the phone.

God I'm going to miss LTE when I get home.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I was blown away in Boston by the ATT Boylston St store (they said its the busiest in Boston). They only had two Cyan Lumias left and the first store I went to only had black left. They said they're flying off the shelves. I saw at least 3 employees using black 900's and they all are very happy with the phone.

God I'm going to miss LTE when I get home.

It helps too IMO that it's become AT&T's flagship LTE phone. Mad props to MS, Nokia, and AT&T for making this happen as this wasn't originally in the cards. LTE was suppose to be an Apollo feature, but props to AT&T for forcing this issue (I still hate AT&T).

There isn't another phone on AT&T that's even remotely comparable with LTE though unless you want the GSII LTE remix. I think at least for major cities this is a bigger selling point than many realize especially in 2012 (now that they have it rolled out in more areas).

Fuck consider me HYPED X 10000 for a new Nokia Apollo phone in the fall. It would be pimp as funk if we got to "beta test" the Apollo release this summer ala Mango last summer.

Circle T

It helps too IMO that it's become AT&T's flagship LTE phone. Mad props to MS, Nokia, and AT&T for making this happen as this wasn't originally in the cards. LTE was suppose to be an Apollo feature, but props to AT&T for forcing this issue (I still hate AT&T).

There isn't another phone on AT&T that's even remotely comparable with LTE though unless you want the GSII LTE remix. I think at least for major cities this is a bigger selling point than many realize especially in 2012 (now that they have it rolled out in more areas).

Fuck consider me HYPED X 10000 for a new Nokia Apollo phone in the fall. It would be pimp as funk if we got to "beta test" the Apollo release this summer ala Mango last summer.

Galaxy Note

ChanHuk

Banned
Went to pick up my Windows Phone from the challenge. Walked out with the last cyan Lumia 900. Playing with it now. The phone feels cheap compared to my 4S.

Circle T

Probably not, it came out of my 4S. I can't connect to any network at all. I can make calls though.

Well, there's your problem. You need to call CS or stop by a store and have them set you up for LTE. if you haven't done that, no data will work. The only thing broken here is your data plan, not the hardware.

ChanHuk

Banned
Well, there's your problem. You need to call CS or stop by a store and have them set you up for LTE. if you haven't done that, no data will work. The only thing broken here is your data plan, not the hardware.

Actually, I just setup the APN manually. It's not on there by default apparently. The thing wouldn't connect to ANY data service EDGE/3G/4G before.

Circle T

Actually, I just setup the APN manually. It's not on there by default apparently. The thing wouldn't connect to ANY data service EDGE/3G/4G before.

I wasn't talking about APNs. You need to have someone update your plans SOC code for a properly provisioned LTE plan. No difference in $, but it is needed.

ChanHuk

Banned
I wasn't talking about APNs. You need to have someone update your plans SOC code for a properly provisioned LTE plan. No difference in $, but it is needed.

Did that just now got a new SIM and like magic. It doesn't work again. This is really irritating.

Commodore

I held a cyan 900 in my hand today. Checked out the bran-spankin' new uptown mall in my area with my wife, stopped in to an AT&T store and appreciated the general Beautifully Different everywhere. The phone is bigger in person than I thought. Feels really really good in my hand though. My wife didn't like the cyan color, too flashy for her, but I digg it. Gadget envy up, but I'm gonna live vicariously for now, till later this year. Hope some some serious HHGGGGGNNNNNNN phones are coming.

Circle T

Did that just now got a new SIM and like magic. It doesn't work again. This is really irritating.

So, you got a new SIM and had your plan switched over to LTE? It can take a couple minutes for that to update. Just turn the phone off for a few minutes. If everything was done correctly, when you turn it back on, all will be well. In theory, that is. If not, then your problems are beyond me.

PSGames

Cheap compared to your 4s? Definitely not the case IMO.

The Lumia is the only smart phone to come close to the iPhone 4/4S if you ask me. Just a matter of preference on which one you like better but they are both amazing looking phones.

Well I said phone... I like the Note but it's in this weird nebulous area for me...

Also is the Titan 2 out yet? I didn't think it was out yet.

It's out and boy does that screen look atrocious next to the clear black display on the Lumia. The quality of the 16MP pictures aren't anything to write home about either. Disappointing all around.

ChanHuk

Banned
Syncing contacts from my iPhone to the Lumia 900? I'm on a Mac as well, why the hell did Apple exclude the copy to SIM option?

Firestorm

Syncing contacts from my iPhone to the Lumia 900? I'm on a Mac as well, why the hell did Apple exclude the copy to SIM option?
Back up the contacts to Address Book then export that as something Windows Live can import then sync your phone with Windows Live.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

i dunno about mac's, but for windows. i sync all my contacts through outlook.

also there should be a nokia app called contacts transfer which uses Bluetooth to sync contact between phones.

Razdek

Banned
What's everyone looking to in Apollo in terms of software? I would like the following:

• True multi-tasking
    Better Facebook and Twitter integration
    Skype integration
    More APIs for developers so they can do VPN, camera software
    Finally fix the scrolling lag
    More control on the email reply font
    Checkbox to keep the status bar on all the time
    Notification system. They can even just open up access to the Me tile for third party use to post updates
    More video file support
    Ability to resize tiles like in W8
    Select mp3 as a ringtone easier
    More accent colors
    Set background picture
    Better Bing navigation for those that don't have Nokia drive
    Better browser
    More landscape support
    Faster camera and more camera settings
    Better integration with Xbox live and PC
    Profiles
    Ability to set different sounds for each type of notifications

there's a lot more and I know Apollo won't be able to do everything but I'm hoping for the best.

hwalker84

Well I said phone... I like the Note but it's in this weird nebulous area for me...

Also is the Titan 2 out yet? I didn't think it was out yet.
Yes the Titan 2 came out the same day as the 900 and it felt amazing in my hands also. I really like the curve at the bottom and I thought it was a major improvement over the first version. Screen doesn't hold a candle to the 900 though.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
What the bloody fuck? I don't have the contacts transfer app nor can I find it in the marketplace.

1) calm down.
2) ATT deleted most nokia apps to push their own service. go to the market place and look for nokia collection or just search contacts transfer.
What's everyone looking to in Apollo in terms of software? I would like the following:

True multi-tasking

there's a lot more and I know Apollo won't be able to do everything but I'm hoping for the best.

you will never see true multi tasking on anything but droid. and frankly could care less. i really see no point to true multi tasking.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Main thing I want from Apollo besides hardware advances is just the ability for devs to natively code. The few natively coded apps on the system so far are awesome, but we need more of that. This would especially help out on the games front IMO.

ChanHuk

Banned
Fuck you AT&T. Fuck you Microsoft for allowing AT&T to remove apps.

I'm definitely not getting LTE speeds. God I fucking hate AT&T sometimes.

Why the hell do people want true multi-tasking on your phone? The pseudo-multitasking is fine as is for conserving batterylife. I swear its only Android people that complain about true multi-tasking.

So far, Windows Phone is not quite up there with iOS. I put it above Android as far as a phone OS goes. I haven't used ICS yet, apparently only 2% of Android users have. The 16GB of onboard storage is quite disappointing, Apollo is going to change that I assume? The camera, for Nokia being touted as the best as far as phones go isn't as detail as the shots I compared with my 4S. Overall though, at $99, this is a great phone. Would I actually buy one? No, I have too much invested into Apple's ecosystem.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Fuck you AT&T. Fuck you Microsoft for allowing AT&T to remove apps.

I'm definitely not getting LTE speeds. God I fucking hate AT&T sometimes.

Why the hell do people want true multi-tasking on your phone? The pseudo-multitasking is fine as is for conserving batterylife. I swear its only Android people that complain about true multi-tasking.

So far, Windows Phone is not quite up there with iOS. I put it above Android as far as a phone OS goes. I haven't used ICS yet, apparently only 2% of Android users have.
i had a chance to use it. its really nice. but yea its a little more than 2%
kkrlW.png

i dunno what your talking about. i see no problems here. none.

also i am pretty sure MS didn't have much pull when they sat down with att.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom