• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raelson

Black, white, yellow and red seem to be the colors available here in Sweden.
I think white looks the best out of those four, but I'd really like the cyan.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
abandoning?

i know one client i won't support or use.

it's one thing to increase the base by supporting more platforms, but just abandoning a living userbase is pretty low.

Yeah, that's pretty crappy behavior. I was going to hit the "pay for full version" button to support the dev, then I remembered reading something about the dev abandoning the app and asked here. Sure enough, the app has been pulled from the market (I had installed it on my phone before it got pulled I guess). Good thing I didn't waste my money.

Firestorm

Ugh I just want an opportunity to buy an unbranded, unlocked, White or Red Lumia 920 that works on the big 3 / AT&T's LTE network :( Why is this so hard.

I expect it on that date but I don't see how that's confirmed.

X2z3T.png

Duh.

Milchjon

Lol, I still feel that way about my Macbook. 2k on something I barely ever use. At least my wife uses it.

No, I mean it in a positive way. Being denied so much of the good stuff and still feeling totally superior and pretty content, mainly due to design. That strikes me like the situation Mac users were in not too long ago.

Oh fuck Rogers. Black only? Jesus. So now I either have to deal with importing an AT&T branded phone and unlocking or go with the only electronic device I don't want in Black. This is infuriating considering Nokia's marketing.

Wait...Really? Holy Fuck Rogers, get with the damned times! Another reason why I advise everyone away from Rogers, them and their company can go burn in hell for all I care.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wait...Really? Holy Fuck Rogers, get with the damned times! Another reason why I advise everyone away from Rogers, them and their company can go burn in hell for all I care.

A bunch of us are already complaining in the Rogers forums and they already responded and are going to pass our displeasure up the chain, not that it will do anything.

frontieruk

I tried gleek and didn't like it. I'm giving rowi a shot now. Mehdoh lost me cause it just seems slower and I can't figure out how to view images without having to open it in the browser.

to view a pic in app tap the tweet then swipe across to the image panorama, I do feel sorry for the Carbon dev, but I'malso sure theyll be back, the Mehdoh dev orphoned it and is now back.

or you could try flow tweet, his claim is fast and simple with inline images...

If HTC released a Cyan WP8X for all carriers, how many of you would jumpship just because Nokia is unable to privide clraity on colors and availibility?

I'm impressed by the photos taken with my 900 in my first photography club's outing. Some of them look a bit underexposed, but not too much. Most of them look fine, and the bokeh feels nice in macro shots. Hmm..

I also took some photos with flash on in complete darkness in my room, and found out that setting exposure to +1 makes farther objects look detailed, even at ISO 100. (ISO 100 is my favourite ISO setting)

That made me wonder: what's making me able to ignore the camera's faults easily? Then again, the last firmware update IS about fixing the camera generally...

thirty

Banned
t-mobile USA customers hoping to use the 920 on their network, there is hope.

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/10/t-mo...eiving-nanosim-cards-for-iphone-5-activation/

t-mobile is going to soon be selling sims for the iPhone 5 if you live in a "refarmed" area. what that means is phones on att (including the 920) will now work for t-mobile in certain cities. for now, they are LA, NY, Vegas, DC, and Seattle.

clarification, they work now on edge but not hdspa+ unless in a refarmed area. also, the phone has to be unlocked too. anyone know how easy it is to unlock phones these days? I remember it was as simple ad buying a code on eBay, is this still the case?

I'm impressed by the photos taken with my 900 in my first photography club's outing. Some of them look a bit underexposed, but not too much. Most of them look fine, and the bokeh feels nice in macro shots. Hmm..

I also took some photos with flash on in complete darkness in my room, and found out that setting exposure to +1 makes farther objects look detailed, even at ISO 100. (ISO 100 is my favourite ISO setting)

That made me wonder: what's making me able to ignore the camera's faults easily? Then again, the last firmware update IS about fixing the camera generally...

The camera is fine if you willing to ignore all the post processing artifacts... I just can't stand all the green/blue tint that crop up into every picture I took with my Lumia 900. For me it's the worst camera on a smartphone I own since the original iPhone. My Focus take hell of a better picture than the 900. And yes I have the latest firmware update.

On another note, I just notice something annoying about the Lumia that was not present on my old Titan, I am not sure if it is from the last firmware but now the control on the headphone doesn't work in Zune podcast if the phone screen is off for extend period of time. It work fine with Podcast! (3rd party app) and work fine with music but when I listen to podcast if the phone has been un-disturbed it doesn't pause with the button on the headset. I would have to press it several times before it register... super annoying especially when I need to pause it in a hurry which I ended up having to take the phone out and wake it up. Defeat the whole point of having remote on your headphone.

Firestorm

Heh. Rogers person responded to me on Twitter.

"We did see their marketing, they're obviously a partner of ours :) I'll share your feelings with our wireless team! "

thirty

Banned
looked into unlocking ATT phones and it can run up to $100. don't think that price is worth trying to get the 920 to work on t-mobile.

looks like I might go Simple Mobile (2gb 4G data cap) and the 920 or stick with t-mobile (4gb 4G data cap) and get either the 8S or 8X. damn you att, I will not sign up to a contract.

I was thinking today, if the Lumia 920 has super sensitive touch and the screen basically reacts.to everything, how will it cope with screenprotectors?

Milchjon

I was thinking today, if the Lumia 920 has super sensitive touch and the screen basically reacts.to everything, how will it cope with screenprotectors?
I've put my Lumia 800 into various pockets for a year now without any case, sleeve or protector, and it's completely free of noticeable scratches. I don't think you'd need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom