• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milchjon

920:

ATT%20920%20Specs.png

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Yep, apparently the LTE is what makes the difference in battery times.

Also, I hope someone managed to download that gsmarena video, cause they made it private and I didn't get a chance to see it.

derFeef

i think its amazing for a camera phone. And no purple halo issues like some other cameras lol

I heard purple color is normal, you MUST have it nowadays.

edit: the DOF focus thing is a bit much...

edit2: colleague screams fake because of the fixed focal. ?

kazinova

Yeah, they could have an auto focus off feature but that video screams parody, like someone taking obviously fake video with a really nice camera as a joke about the van OIS incident.

The wait for the real devices is going to be painful, luckily XCOM is here to distract me for a couple weeks. And then Forza Horizon to get me the rest of the way to launch.

Think I'll be able to get my 920 at the popup Microsoft Store opening near me?

Edit: wait, no, if I want Cyan I'll have to order from AT&T, I hope the preorder on the 21st rumor is true, I'd like to have a my phone day one. I will get a Surface from the popup store as it lists opening on Oct 26th (17 days away!!!), what a ridiculously awesome couple weeks coming up, eh?

Milchjon

Yeah, they could have an auto focus off feature but that video screams parody, like someone taking obviously fake video with a really nice camera as a joke about the van OIS incident.

The wait for the real devices is going to be painful, luckily XCOM is here to distract me for a couple weeks. And then Forza Horizon to get me the rest of the way to launch.

Think I'll be able to get my 920 at the popup Microsoft Store opening near me?

Edit: wait, no, if I want Cyan I'll have to order from AT&T, I hope the preorder on the 21st rumor is true, I'd like to have a my phone day one. I will get a Surface from the popup store as it lists opening on Oct 26th (17 days away!!!), what a ridiculously awesome couple weeks coming up, eh?

So jealous, I expect a million pics!

Also, I read somewhere (wpcentral?) that Nokia wants to sell unlocked 920s in their own pop up stores.

Heretic

So jealous, I expect a million pics!

Also, I read somewhere (wpcentral?) that Nokia wants to sell unlocked 920s in their own pop up stores.
If this is true then T-Mobile better get their shit together and upgrade their towers(?)! I'm in the LA area.

I sent a tweet towards @rogersbuzz concerning Rogers and 920 colors, didnt get a response (not that I was expecting one) can anyone else bomb a few questions their way? Please?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I sent a tweet towards @rogersbuzz concerning Rogers and 920 colors, didnt get a response (not that I was expecting one) can anyone else bomb a few questions their way? Please?

I have been pretty active on the Rogers forum. I also tweeted Nokia and Rogers immeditately. One thing I did was the day the phone was announced for Rogers, the Nokia Canada website had specs page for 920 showing black only. Then a bit later in the day they took it down and replaces it with a small specs list on the overview page and did not mention colour. Hopefully they are taking this seriously.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I don't believe that video is from a 920. Won't be too long to find out though. The phone launches on Nov. 4th, which means that reviews will be published the week before (29th-2nd). That means Nokia will give reviewers the phone a week before that (22nd-26th).

That's just two weeks away!

I don't believe that video is from a 920. Won't be too long to find out though. The phone launches on Nov. 4th, which means that reviews will be published the week before (29th-2nd). That means Nokia will give reviewers the phone a week before that (22nd-26th).

That's just two weeks away!

It does look a little to good to be true, but would they put out another fake video after that whole van fiasco?

Is that even an official Nokia channel? I don't think it is. If it were official, I would actually believe it's real, because I don't think they'd risk another "fake". But the description says review/unboxing coming soon, so I think it's an unofficial channel.

I have been pretty active on the Rogers forum. I also tweeted Nokia and Rogers immeditately. One thing I did was the day the phone was announced for Rogers, the Nokia Canada website had specs page for 920 showing black only. Then a bit later in the day they took it down and replaces it with a small specs list on the overview page and did not mention colour. Hopefully they are taking this seriously.

Hmmm, I hate not knowing.

JaggedSac

Unless it's a new app that let's you modify video. That would be pretty bad ass.

It would have to be an app that lets you set focal distance, which IMO, would be f'ing awesome. Pinch to focus or some such. Anyone know if the camera api's in the new SDK allows for such? Or if these phone camera optics's even allow for such?

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
ativ s vid, the one that was taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9SZakcrq44

How hard is it to find someone who actually knows how to use the OS and get them to do these videos? I hate it when they're just flipping around randomly and have no idea when to use the back button or the start button, have no idea how to exit an app etc. I just want to grab the phone from their hands and show them a better way to navigate the OS.

How hard is it to find someone who actually knows how to use the OS and get them to do these videos? I hate it when they're just flipping around randomly and have no idea when to use the back button or the start button, have no idea how to exit an app etc. I just want to grab the phone from their hands and show them a better way to navigate the OS.

perhaps microsoft should get someone to introduce us to windows phone 8? maybe someone who worked on it? someone like joe belfiore?

I guess he's using it wrong then...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom