• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero3000

I was thinking today, if the Lumia 920 has super sensitive touch and the screen basically reacts.to everything, how will it cope with screenprotectors?

Because the screen protector is uniform, it shouldn't register. The touchscreen only fires when it notices a substantial difference in the electric current in one spot. Super-sensitive is enabled by new algorithms which improve the ability to detect or reject smaller spikes.

Milchjon

Because the screen protector is uniform, it shouldn't register. The touchscreen only fires when it notices a substantial difference in the electric current in one spot. Super-sensitive is enabled by new algorithms which improve the ability to detect or reject smaller spikes.
So it's all done software-side? That's rather cool.

derFeef

"Nokia Lumia 810 on T-Mobile USA exclusive, available in the 'coming weeks'"

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/8/3474884/t-mobile-nokia-lumia-810-exclusive
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/10/08/nokia-lumia-810-comes-to-t-mobile-usa/

Tmo3.jpg

From WP Central (820 on left, 810 on right):

810%20stats.png

810 looks MUCH better than 820. I was somewhat neutral on the 820 before, but it looks cheap in comparison.

thirty

Banned
if T-Mo could also announce a Nokia 910 and Verizon could announce a Nokia 822 and 922, Nokia might single-handedly save the platform in a single holiday season.

Hmm, also, if TMo is getting an exclusive variation, wonder what the rumored Verizon (822) variant might entail?

Q4i8Y.jpg

?

It doesn't look quite like the 820. The back is different, the FFC is on the left, whereas the AT&T 820 got it on the right side, next to the carrier logo, the speaker isn't at the edge of the bezel and the corners look more like the HTC 8X and there's no weird slot next to the micro USB port. The transition between the bezel and the case looks smoother, too.

e: pictures of the weird things I mentioned:

ibraJOfDrorUnd.jpg

ihoiVSzRcJZsw.jpg

ig6K55qK2lebH.jpg

Heretic

I'm on t-mobile and have been waiting all year to jump into a Windows Phone... phone. I hope they get a 920 Variant or else it's the 8x for me. I'm craving the camera on the 920 though!

maeh2k

They should have kept the inside part of the 820 the same across all carriers and customized the phone using differently shaped shells. That way people could buy different shells to change even the shape of the phone.

Raistlin

So has the entire no grey 920 on AT&T been confirmed ... or is it simply a matter of them not enumerating everything and concentrating on cyan?

I'd have to see it in person, but I'm actually leaning towards grey over cyan.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So has the entire no grey 920 on AT&T been confirmed ... or is it simply a matter of them not enumerating everything and concentrating on cyan?

I'd have to see it in person, but I'm actually leaning towards grey over cyan.

It doesn't look like AT&T will get a grey version. :(

I'm pretty much set on a cyan, but I want to see the glossy finish in person to see if its as horrible as I imagine it to be.

It doesn't look like AT&T will get a grey version. :(

I'm pretty much set on a cyan, but I want to see the glossy finish in person to see if its as horrible as I imagine it to be.

Go to a store and take a look at the white Lumia 900, if they have one (lol). Same glossy finish and I didn't like it at all.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mentally preparing myself to get an 8X if ColourGate with Rogers and the 920 isn't sorted. Missing pureview, more storage and Nokia apps will be a bit of a bummer though. Music takes up the majority of my storage, but I will fill that gap with my Zune HD and Skydrive storage if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom