• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Looks like Microsoft is making the Zune Pass available to other countries.

Brazil and Austria got access.

tumblr_m3udxjH5Yl1r2c05t.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Did you turn on the connect to zune in the Music+Video option in the app settings menu? Also I do think it takes some time for it to "switch on".

Troll

Banned
Any news on if the WP version of IE will sync tabs with the desktop version? If it does I would switch from Chrome, like today.

TTOOLL

I gave up trying to make my zune pass work in Brazil. Contacted Microsoft and cancelled it right away. GREAT support. The guy called me to check some info and that was it.

I'll wait for the full xboxmusic service that apparently will work here.

maeh2k

What's the verdict on HTC 8S vs 810/820? I haven't had a good look at the specs yet.

They aren't directly competing.
The 8S is an entry-level device (~ 300 Euros) that's lacking in various respects (4GB, no gyro, no FFC, camera), but offers great value.
The 810/820 is more of a high-end device (~ 500 Euros) in disguise (certainly fooled me). It may not have the high resolution and only has 8 GB built in, but overall it's a really high-quality phone and it's not missing any other features. Even the screen isn't really bad. The resolution may not be as high as on competing phones, but it will be one of the best screens for outdoor readability and has super-sensitive touch.
The 820/810 is competing with the 8X more than with the 8S. Here the 8X has some advantages for resolution, sound, camera, maybe design. But the Lumia has an advantage with all those Nokia apps and the shell concept is really great.

thirty

Banned
They aren't directly competing.
The 8S is an entry-level device (~ 300 Euros) that's lacking in various respects (4GB, no gyro, no FFC, camera), but offers great value.
The 810/820 is more of a high-end device (~ 500 Euros) in disguise (certainly fooled me). It may not have the high resolution and only has 8 GB built in, but overall it's a really high-quality phone and it's not missing any other features. Even the screen isn't really bad. The resolution may not be as high as on competing phones, but it will be one of the best screens for outdoor readability and has super-sensitive touch.
The 820/810 is competing with the 8X more than with the 8S. Here the 8X has some advantages for resolution, sound, camera, maybe design. But the Lumia has an advantage with all those Nokia apps and the shell concept is really great.
along with all those things, the 8S processor is clocked at only 1ghz while the 820/810 is clocked at 1.5ghz and double the ram at 1gb.

derFeef

The Zune Pass thing does not seem to work yet.
Worked on the website yesterday, but not anymore today. The client and phone are out of luck too. But hey, 30-day free!

Milchjon

(UK) prices for wireless charging accessories revealed:

Nokia Lumia 820 wireless charging shell – £16.66 (£19.99 inc. VAT) (26.68 USD)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging plate – £48.83 (£54.99 inc. VAT) (78.2 USD)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging stand – £58.32 (£69.99 inc. VAT) (93.40 USD)
Nokia Lumia 820/920 wireless charging pillow by Fatboy – £66.66 (£79.99 inc. VAT) (128 USD)
Nokia JBL Playup portable wireless speaker – £120.83 (£144.99 inc. VAT) (192 USD)

Prohibitively expensive, IMO. Puts it squarely into the gimmick category. I hope Nokia bundles them up soon.

Milchjon

Nokia should just split their design and engineering teams from all the other departments and provide those services to other companies. Because they can't seem to market and sell a great product for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom