• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

I'm just prepared to $199 on contract. I'm pretty sure it won't be more than that, and it will be a nice surprise if it is less. I've stopped thinking about price and release date and have gone back to thinking about when the apps will come :p

thirty

Banned
for those of us wanting to buy the phone outright; use t-mobile prepay, straight talk, or simple mobile, knowing off contract pricing is a big deal.

Commodore

I'm just prepared to $199 on contract. I'm pretty sure it won't be more than that, and it will be a nice surprise if it is less. I've stopped thinking about price and release date and have gone back to thinking about when the apps will come :p

Yeah, I don't understand getting so anxious about when and how much, and to some extent which carrier. We've known since Nokia announced the 820/920 that most signs pointed to late Oct, early Nov, just by looking at the long known dates of release for Windows 8. Most high end smart phones usually debut at $100-$200 subsidized in the US at least. It really hadn't ever been much of a mystery. Carrier angst, I can kinda understand if one phone isn't on your carrier and you're still in contract. I've never had much of a problem switching carriers every two years because of a certain phone available or because of a better plan. I get if a carrier screwed you over once and they're dead to you, but switching has always been an easy process for me.

hwalker84

for those of us wanting to buy the phone outright; use t-mobile prepay, straight talk, or simple mobile, knowing off contract pricing is a big deal.

Same I'm buying the phone outright and would love to know how much MS is going to murder my wallet with Surface and Lumia 920.

Dont' forget about Skulls of the Shogun as well.

I played it at PAX, and it was a blast. Asynchronous Cross-play between tablet/360/Phone sounds awesome for that type of game.

I buy phones off contract and it's really not a big deal.

It's always 500+ for a newly released high end phone.

thirty

Banned
I buy phones off contract and it's really not a big deal.

It's always 500+ for a newly released high end phone.
this is usually the case with me too but I may go with a temp phone for now until t-mo gets a 920 variant. pricing for the 810, 8S, and 8X maybe the deciding factor.

wat

535919_10151107458998772_1101101233_n.jpg

WP Facebook:

Our Live Tiles may be trying to tell us something.

Announcement coming today?

Milchjon

Not being able to swipe through Bing image search results is one of the worst things about WP's design. It opposes everything that navigating WP is usually about.

Has someone patented that feature or what?

hadareud

The Translator
Is there any chance that custom keyboards will be available in WP8?

If there's one thing I love about my phone, it's Swype. I'll really miss it.

Milchjon

Is there any chance that custom keyboards will be available in WP8?

If there's one thing I love about my phone, it's Swype. I'll really miss it.
The keys now lights up in accent colours when you type. Isn't that enough? Jeez, some people...

There's no indication of custom keyboard so far, and I wouldn't get my hopes up

Not being able to swipe through Bing image search results is one of the worst things about WP's design. It opposes everything that navigating WP is usually about.

Has someone patented that feature or what?

Weirdly enough, I've very rarely used bing images on the phone. I hope we implement it in the future (if it's not on WP8), as it really just makes sense.

hadareud

The Translator
The keys now lights up in accent colours when you type. Isn't that enough? Jeez, some people...

There's no indication of custom keyboard so far, and I wouldn't get my hopes up

heh

Shame. I find Swype so much more intuitive and faster than the standard keyboards.

Going back is like going from using ten fingers to using two on your computer keyboard for me.

Commodore

if the 920 was only a timed exclusive for 30 days would it affect your phone purchase decision?

Yes. Verizon apparently has a better LTE network where I am. Would I wait 3 months? Maybe. More than that? No. If its actually better than the 920 in a significant way? Possibly.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the one month exclusive for the 920 and Rogers is true, especially if they don't add any colours. I'm probably going to have to wait till December anyways.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
wat

535919_10151107458998772_1101101233_n.jpg

WP Facebook:

Announcement coming today?

Dude really needs to read his texts. That terrified face always instills me with extra panic. And it's usually right. 12 unread texts means some shit happened at the office that I do NOT want to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom