• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost_Ace

Guys, I can't find metrotube in the marketplace, I checked with the QR code but says I can't download the app WTF? I always downloaded it without problems.

Guys, I can't find metrotube in the marketplace, I checked with the QR code but says I can't download the app WTF? I always downloaded it without problems.

Go to

www.windowsphone.com/marketplace

sign in
click on the arrow next to your name
click on "account"

See your purchase history and the option to reinstall previous purchased apps
bctIq.jpg

The amount of people I see in Germany with a SIII is stunning.

I instantly deduct respect points from any of them

I had a lot of fun last year, when some friends got a Galaxy S II. I was always like "What? You got an iPho-. Oh, it's just a Samsung. Nvm then".

And now everyone keeps asking me if my Nexus is a GS III. :/

Milchjon

I had a lot of fun last year, when some friends got a Galaxy S II. I was always like "What? You got an iPho-. Oh, it's just a Samsung. Nvm then".

And now everyone keeps asking me if my Nexus is a GS III. :/

Man that sucks. I hope you'll pull through.

sock em in the mouf for implying you have such bad taste!!!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Meh, I actually think the gs3 looks fine in person. Its no Lumia or iPhone, but it's fine. And I have bought 2 straight Samsung phones so I know all that plastic is at least durable.

If the 920 wasn't so seemingly superior to every other phone, I'd even consider the Ativ S.

hwalker84

Meh, I actually think the gs3 looks fine in person. Its no Lumia or iPhone, but it's fine. And I have bought 2 straight Samsung phones so I know all that plastic is at least durable.

If the 920 wasn't so seemingly superior to every other phone, I'd even consider the Ativ S.

I agree also. I'd go with the Ativ S over the HTC but it's a incredibly hard sale over the 920.

hwalker84

Lets list little nitpicking things you'd love to see fixed with WP8

1. The ability to collaspe email subfolders. If you are like me or some of my co workers you have several 100 sub folders. Filling any email items from the inbox to a subfolder is incredibly frustrating
  2. Other fields besides the Mobile field flagged as textable for the type ahead when creating a new Text message ex: I have a lot of friends that have Work cell phones(Filed under Work) and Personal cell phones(Filed under Mobile). When creating a new text message only the moible shows up under the contact prediction.
  3. When manually dialing a phone number predict the contact

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The market promoted me to accept a new TOS before allowing me to update apps. I wonder if that has anything to do with the changes for Xbox music.

Commodore

The market promoted me to accept a new TOS before allowing me to update apps. I wonder if that has anything to do with the changes for Xbox music.

Yup. They be ramping things up! I had thought they already tracked music played, but could be something further across the board for all users beyond using a subscription.

venne

Both Focuses in our house have shit the bed.

Never again, Samsung. Never again.

Both Focuses in our house have shit the bed.

Never again, Samsung. Never again.

My Omnia is incredible. I dont know how many times I have dropped that thing. Once I rode my bike and it slid out of my pocket and crashed right on the street with the battery falling out etc. besides 2 rather deep but very small scratches nothing. the glass is not broken, it works like a charm. Cant be more happy with it

Heretic

Kind of on topic... I lost my Zune HD two days ago and I'm devastated. I wonder if I should get another or start using my phone for music. I didn't care about storage space on my phone because I had my zune but now it becomes a selling point. Don't have many options with T-Mobile though...

If I end up switching to AT&T, and Verizon announces a better PureView....I'm going to stab someone. And by stab someone, I really mean that I'll be angry at myself.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Kind of on topic... I lost my Zune HD two days ago and I'm devastated. I wonder if I should get another or start using my phone for music. I didn't care about storage space on my phone because I had my zune but now it becomes a selling point. Don't have many options with T-Mobile though...

T mobile will have the 810 with an sd card slot for music. Maybe the Ativ S which also has the sd slot.

Your other option is to embrace cloud music, upload your songs to Xbox music, and get an 8X.

Heretic

T mobile will have the 810 with an sd card slot for music. Maybe the Ativ S which also has the sd slot.

Your other option is to embrace cloud music, upload your songs to Xbox music, and get an 8X.
8X is looking like it's going to be my next phone. I actually prefer the color scheme of the 8s but I couldn't bring myself to buy a lower spec phone. Same with the 810. Can't buy it knowing the 8x exist. Getting my girlfriend the 810 though. She isn't picky.

kazinova

Or maybe it's how the 7.8 ROM is possibly unfinished.

Well, I'm on my third Focus (2 borked back at launch, and the battery expanded to twice it's normal size about 6 months ago and needed to be replaced. So I'm generally sceptical of restarts being the fault of anything other than the hardware.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
8X is looking like it's going to be my next phone. I actually prefer the color scheme of the 8s but I couldn't bring myself to buy a lower spec phone. Same with the 810. Can't buy it knowing the 8x exist. Getting my girlfriend the 810 though. She isn't picky.

I wouldn't overlook the Ativ S if it comes to t mobile. Galaxy S3 specs with WP8 software. SD card slot, the largest battery of any windows phone (and its removable), and of course the giant screen in a super thin, super lightweight shell.

Heretic

I wouldn't overlook the Ativ S if it comes to t mobile. Galaxy S3 specs with WP8 software. SD card slot, the largest battery of any windows phone (and its removable), and of course the giant screen in a super thin, super lightweight shell.

It's a great option and i will take it into consideration but that design just is not clicking with me. I love all the color options that everyone else is bringing to the table but the Ativ S just looks bland.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I understand the design pales next to the 8X. I was more suggesting it for space reasons, given that you will be using it for music. Also, Samsung has been known to sneak wolfson dac's on some of their phones, which is a huge boost for listening to music, so that's something else to look out for based on reviews.

AnkitT

This. No other brand yet is providing expandable storage with high end devices, whhich I find baffling. Also, looking at it from a pricing standpoint, it might be cheaper than the other phones, but that's just my own private speculation. If I get a WP8, it'd probably be the ativ, but I'll probbly wait for 2nd gen devices.

Oke, mom's Omnia 7 is getting frequent restarts now. Have to send the phone in for repairs. I hope Samsung offers a new phone since the phone isn't beeing made/ out of stock. Plus the screen has some sort of burn in. I think repairing it would cost more than replacing it.

Gonna contact them tomorrow.

Heretic

I understand the design pales next to the 8X. I was more suggesting it for space reasons, given that you will be using it for music. Also, Samsung has been known to sneak wolfson dac's on some of their phones, which is a huge boost for listening to music, so that's something else to look out for based on reviews.

Excellent suggestion. Thanks a lot for your input!

Troll

Banned
Well, I'm on my third Focus (2 borked back at launch, and the battery expanded to twice it's normal size about 6 months ago and needed to be replaced. So I'm generally sceptical of restarts being the fault of anything other than the hardware.

Well, my Focus seems to have stopped rebooting on me since the 7.8 install while my wife is still having issues.

Commodore

Anybody else ever have the marketplace tile load up a bunch of app update notifications, and then we you fire it up, there's nothing. Right now on my tile there's a solid 10 or so phantom apps that need updates, but nada. This just me?

Commodore

Happens ever once in awhile.

Yeah, I get it all the time. Its never gotten up to 10 update notifications. I'm always wondering if those are actual update notifications, but then there's a misfire and you miss a chance to update a bunch of apps, or if its just a mishandling of the number of notifications in the system.

Either way, I don't have any idea what I'm missing anyhow. Bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom