• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Anyway to get the .co.uk button in the browser to default to .com? Not living in the UK makes it fairly annoying.

dLMN8R

Posting in this thread too:

Got my Lumia 920 Cyan today! Having a couple weird issues with it though.

I activated through the ATT site and I can make calls fine, but I can't send/receive texts and have no data. What's up? Does it just take a long time for that process to finish?

Why can't I set gmail to retrieve items "as they arrive"? I could do so fine with WP7.5 but can't on this anymore. Why?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Think it's a WP8 change?

What's your current region+language settings?

Must be a WP8 thing. Feels like a pretty big oversight. English UK, US and India are all the English keyboards right now.

I have my phone language as English, Country as Australia, regional format as Australia and browser/search language as English (Australia). I've noticed some other people with this same issue, so I guess I am not alone.

Must be a WP8 thing. Feels like a pretty big oversight. English UK, US and India are all the English keyboards right now.

I have my phone language as English, Country as Australia, regional format as Australia and browser/search language as English (Australia). I've noticed some other people with this same issue, so I guess I am not alone.

Who's going to bet that it'll be gone in a minor update?

Click the image you want, then right click the image and select View Original, or just right click and choose View Original.

Let me if I can get this to work

WP_20121112_12_56_57_Cinemagraph.gif

Hmm...doesn't seem like it I must miss something..

edit: Duh, I was an idiot, I copy and paste it and forgot to get rid of http first.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Posting in this thread too:

Sounds like something to get ported on through to your data plan with your presumably new micro sim. I think I had to call some AT&T number to get the sim to active or something for all my stuff.

It could be something totally unrelated though.

This might be old news, but I just discovered Tesco Mobile have the 820 across a whole range of networks (UK) Thinking of getting this on Three's one plan at £34.00 Consdidering Three don't have it listed on their site at all.
Anyone on this plan and know if Three are any good?

kharma45

This might be old news, but I just discovered Tesco Mobile have the 820 across a whole range of networks (UK) Thinking of getting this on Three's one plan at £34.00 Consdidering Three don't have it listed on their site at all.
Anyone on this plan and know if Three are any good?

Three aren't bad, if Giffgaff's offer wasn't so good I'd be with Three instead.

cube444

Anyone bought anything from them in the past? I would like to order but I haven't used them before. Anyone?

I am conversing with a guy on another board who bought the white one. I am waiting to see how his experience goes (taxes, custom duties, overall totals) before I pull the trigger.

I'll keep you posted.

scently

I am conversing with a guy on another board who bought the white one. I am waiting to see how his experience goes (taxes, custom duties, overall totals) before I pull the trigger.

I'll keep you posted.

Haha, i guess I will be the one to keep you posted as I already pulled the trigger myself. So I will keep you up to date. I am sending it to an address in the US, whereby it will be sent to me along with some other stuffs.

maeh2k

Hows about this place?

http://compraonline.mediaworld.it/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=20000&storeId=20000&productId=18487734&langId=-1&category_rn=60597134

The price is still quite high, but if you're in the EU its still cheaper than most places.

There are a couple of stores in the EU that sell it for that price. You can find it in all colors for 600 Euros. Right now it sells for 600 on both Amazon.de and one of the biggest German electronics store chains (Saturn).

kazinova

Meh, I can't disagree with the conclusion. The way he gets there is suspect, he likes iOS app pages more than a jumplist? Hmm.

One day Pinterest and Instagram might make WP8 apps and everyone can finally shut the hell up.

As of right now, iOS and Android don't have a Baconit app, without this app I will not use a phone. There's alternatives, but they just aren't as good. See, I can do it too.

(Let's not even talk about the slick Skype integration in WP8. No one wants to go there I'm sure.)

frontieruk

Meh, I can't disagree with the conclusion. The way he gets there is suspect, he likes iOS app pages more than a jumplist? Hmm.

One day Pinterest and Instagram might make WP8 apps and everyone can finally shut the hell up.

As of right now, iOS and Android don't have a Baconit app, without this app I will not use a phone. There's alternatives, but they just aren't as good. See, I can do it too.

(Let's not even talk about the slick Skype integration in WP8. No one wants to go there I'm sure.)

Skype's irrelevant in a facetime/iMessage/whatsapp world :(

NeOak

Skype's irrelevant in a facetime/iMessage/whatsapp world :(

I know lots of people who use Skype. Of all the iPhone users I know, none use Facetime due to not being available over 3G. They use Skype instead.

Whatsapp is used, but not that much due to unlimited SMS.

Milchjon

I know lots of people who use Skype. Of all the iPhone users I know, none use Facetime due to not being available over 3G. They use Skype instead.

Whatsapp is used, but not that much due to unlimited SMS.

Among the people I know in Germany, WhatsApp is the standard mode of mobile communication by now.

LOL, so they pick categories that are all the strength of Android and do a comparison. I can do the comparison and highlight strength of Windows Phone 8 .. oh wait there aren't any.

Well, it was interesting how he had two full screens of Android apps, and only a short list of WP apps. Looks like he had only used to phone for a short while, and hadn't installed much over the preinstalled ones. But WP8 is always going to lose to Android when it comes to customization options and apps.

derFeef

Windows Phone App for W8 just updated with "easier music and file thingy" - Anyone checked it out?

Wirefly guy said:
The app support is one thing that has held the Windows Phone 8 operating system back since it came out.
Dat weeklong holding back.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I ordered a cyan. Mine shipped already, was supposed to be delivered today, but it looks like I'll have to wait at least until tomorrow.

Edit: I must say, all the bad battery and bug reports in the Lumia 920 OT have me nervous.

Commodore

I ordered a cyan. Mine shipped already, was supposed to be delivered today, but it looks like I'll have to wait at least until tomorrow.

Edit: I must say, all the bad battery and bug reports in the Lumia 920 OT have me nervous.

Damn. Thought we'd both get ours today. Out for delivery last I checked. And yeah, lots of battery problems, hope we don't get lemons out the gate. Waiting for the first device to come has already been hell.

Mine work like a champ so far, except when I ran Keep Alive. Glitch seems to be with Nokia Drive App not tombstone properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom