• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

It won't take too much effort on Microsoft's part to keep me in WP. Given the little that has leaked about apollo, im already in hehe.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
i admit there is alot of ugly but the default ICS skin is pretty good. plus there are some user made skins which look pretty damn good.

I'm of this mindset as well. ICS did a lot to help Android step their game up in the looks department. Though some of the handset maker skins fubar that all up.

PS: Call me a hater, but I doubt iOS6 really changes anything up. It might add more features, but that'll be that.

Frost_Ace

yeah ICS kind of made things better but then I look at the icons and they still look like they are out of an early '00s phone :/

bettybitchslapqf7qv.gif

All gold.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So is there anything Apple can do on Monday to make any of WP actually make the switch to the next iPhone? What would they have to switch up in iOS to really get your blood flowing and want to make the move?!?!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So is there anything Apple can do on Monday to make any of WP actually make the switch to the next iPhone? What would they have to switch up in iOS to really get your blood flowing and want to make the move?!?!
getting rid of the ugly grid of static icons would be a start.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Live tiles, FB/Twitter integration. They need to liven up that OS, its sleep-inducing. I almost always put down my ipad out of sheer boredom. Most times, I don't know what I want to do with a device when I pick it up, I just want to mess around for a bit, and iOS isn't built for that, just an ancient looking grid of icons.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i doubt they're gonna do anything game changing. i mean it would be great if they did, it would make everyone else
we all know android is just gonna copy whatever they can, might as well rebrand them selfs as droidkos
MS work harder.

krae_man

I just bought a Lumia 710. Man this phone is awesome. All I need now is for Spryfox to make a Windows Mobile version of Triple Town and I'd be in heaven.

Frost_Ace

So I think the battery of my lumia 800 went nuts again (I did an hard reset 5 days ago and it was fine).

What should I do GAF? Should I get it replaced?

zedge

7/10

your right. appple is nothing but a bunch thiefs. just look what they did with siri
S-Voice-Comparison.jpg

if only they never found out the secret to time travel. the fools, theyl doom us all.

Its funny people keep posting this comparison pic and Apple are not even going after Samsung for the similar look. Their claim against S Voice has nothing to do with aesthetics. Also I don't recall any lawsuit by Google against Apples blatant copy of its notification system.

Fuck Apple.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm okay with that.
you can't have that avatar. it has cookies and cookies are sweet. your not sweet.
therefore you should use.
ibxhbbBJCNkwLV.jpg

i swear this joke was funnier when i was making it.
ok wait new joke. what did one equal sign say to another:
don't ascii.
fuck this is a disaster. i am going back to work.

krae_man

I just pretend your post never happened.

T-Mobile is finally offering the Lumia 710 on pre-paid! $249 is kind of expensive, though.

$250 is a great price for this phone. It stacks up pretty well against the $500-600+ phones all things considered. The only real issue is only 8gb of memory and no MicroSD slot.

The phone is great bang for buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom