• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven Champions League.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright, so I pm'ed Osorio since apparently he's been incommunicado and has a game left to play by tomorrow. I really hope he responds b/c I'd hate to boot him.

Just as another reminder for the future, if you are having any trouble getting in contact w/ someone and the Sunday deadline is a few days away, PM ME IMMEDIATELY. I'd hate to have to boot two people just b/c one person didn't let me know that there was a communication problem.

Everyone else, good work on playing your games. Only two non-bionic games left are:

mig-sef
osorio-hayami

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg Hayami, here's my recap:

Recap said:
In a chippy game between the two rival clubs, Michael Owen continued his hot streak by slotting in a loose ball early in the second half and heading one in later. Newcastle managed to keep all-world forward Vincenzo Iaquinta from getting too many chances on net, and, along with Owen's heroics it was certainly the key to their victory in this closely-fought battle.

We shall battle again, and this time the mighty warriors Iaquinta and Shearer will put on a show!

Hayami

Banned
ahh! had a fun time, even if I didn't get many chances.

Iaquinta got his revenge on poor Osorio, however, scoring another three goals!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hayami said:
ahh! had a fun time, even if I didn't get many chances.

Iaquinta got his revenge on poor Osorio, however, scoring another three goals!

Argh! From now on, new league rule that everyone must stick four defenders on Iaquinta.

Website Update- Very nice, just noticed that sef put all stats on team pages, so now you can see any of your guys who have goals, cards, and clean sheets from that page- http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/standings.php (click on team).

Brofist

Outside of the one super laggy game, the games have been fairly playable for me. I know Shoplifter had some lag in our game but it seems that Daigoro had it the worst. Seriously though if it gets to be too much of a problem in my games I can pass my team on to someone else.

Of course I'd prefer to play, but I know it's an unusual circumstance me being on the other side of the world. I do have a pretty fast BB connection though, I thought that might make up for the distance. Anyway I guess I'll monitor how my games go for the next week or so and go from there.

If the games are all laggy for others it's certainly not helping me that much unfortunately with 1 win in 5 games :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kpop100 said:
Outside of the one super laggy game, the games have been fairly playable for me. I know Shoplifter had some lag in our game but it seems that Daigoro had it the worst. Seriously though if it gets to be too much of a problem in my games I can pass my team on to someone else.

Of course I'd prefer to play, but I know it's an unusual circumstance me being on the other side of the world. I do have a pretty fast BB connection though, I thought that might make up for the distance. Anyway I guess I'll monitor how my games go for the next week or so and go from there.

If the games are all laggy for others it's certainly not helping me that much unfortunately with 1 win in 5 games :lol

Sounds good, and I definitely don't want to lose a good player like you if we can avoid it. :)

bionic77

Hey guys, sorry about the super long absence. I was working crazy hours at work, had no internet access at home, and for awhile I had a crazy commute too. I wanted to play this weekend, but I had to go into work yesterday and now I have to take a trip today. But, I should be able to start playing regularly starting tommorrow night. I think I have to play 4 people, so I am hoping to play 2 Monday and 2 Tuesday if that is OK with Astrolad. 4 WE games in one night might be pushing it for me, but if I have to I will try and make it happen. I should be back in my apartment in Philly tommorrow night and unless something catostrophic happens I should be playing someone (and hopefully winning a match for a change). :D

I was thinking 8-10pm EST should be good for me tommorrow night. Maybe even earlier, but I should be in contact from now on (except at work where they have a nazi like internet policy and I don't want to get fired over GAF).

Fifty

Larry Bird, Hayami, Irish.....I should be able to play tomorrow after 10 PM eastern, if anyone can get a game in. I'm home today, but I'm sick and I wouldn't be at my best ;p If no one is able to on monday, the rest of the week is probable too.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bionic77 said:
Hey guys, sorry about the super long absence. I was working crazy hours at work, had no internet access at home, and for awhile I had a crazy commute too. I wanted to play this weekend, but I had to go into work yesterday and now I have to take a trip today. But, I should be able to start playing regularly starting tommorrow night. I think I have to play 4 people, so I am hoping to play 2 Monday and 2 Tuesday if that is OK with Astrolad. 4 WE games in one night might be pushing it for me, but if I have to I will try and make it happen. I should be back in my apartment in Philly tommorrow night and unless something catostrophic happens I should be playing someone (and hopefully winning a match for a change). :D

I was thinking 8-10pm EST should be good for me tommorrow night. Maybe even earlier, but I should be in contact from now on (except at work where they have a nazi like internet policy and I don't want to get fired over GAF).

Cool, bionic. We'll give you and your opponents from Block 1 (games 1-3) until this Sunday 11 EST to play those games. Same deadline for the Block 2 opponents (games 4-6), but please focus on getting those Block 1 games done since the deadline for everyone else was today. Danke!

bionic77

Who are my block one opponents? I want to play two of you guys tommorrow night. And the last one on Tuesday. Which night is better for whom?

Neckar will not be stopped.

bionic77

Ok so Mig, Rorschach, and Socreges which of you guys can play Monday night? If we can swing it, it would be nice to play all of you guys tommorrow night. I think I can log on around 8pm so who is up for 8, 8:30, and 9? I am about to leave and might not be near a computer again until tommorrow so tell me here or just just pm me.

Socreges

Banned
bionic! By the grace of God you appear before us! How were your travels, good man!?

Monday doesnt work for me (I dont think - cant make any promises), but tuesday evening would be fine. Im pretty much available up until 11 PM EST. So lets arrange a specific time and Ill make sure Im there

kpop, daigoro, sefskillz -- Im available to start a game in the next 30-40 minutes. Let me know here if youre around

Srider

Banned
Rorschach, FMT, Bionic, you guys have time to play today? I'll check back around 9pm EST to see if any of you guys will be on.

bionic77

Rorschach and Mig I got you guys tommorrow night then and Socreges I should be able to play you on Tuesday.

Neckar's reign of terror begins tommorrow.

And Srider I can't play tonight, but I should be good to go almost any weekday night starting tommorrow night.

Rorschach

ARghsaf...I messed up...could you guys delete the last 2 "total shots" for Valencia?

Srider said:
Rorschach, FMT, Bionic, you guys have time to play today? I'll check back around 9pm EST to see if any of you guys will be on.
I'll be around that time. Post here and then I'll log in.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
garrickk said:
If anyone wants a game, I'm in Lobby 5. It would be nice to play a match against someone not playing Brazil.

Did you get disconnected or something? That was odd.

Anyway I'm in Lobby 3 right now Daigoro.

Well played, huka. I had some lag in the second half, and it took a while to adjust to it. Couldn't seem to handle the strength of your midfield. Gerrard was a beast. One thing about Lyon since they lost Essien- they're really fast, but all finese.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Irish Icon said:
Well played, huka. I had some lag in the second half, and it took a while to adjust to it. Couldn't seem to handle the strength of your midfield. Gerrard was a beast. One thing about Lyon since they lost Essien- they're really fast, but all finese.

Yeah Lyon are a solid team but they definitely have some holes (like most of the second-level and below teams I suppose).

The more I play with them, the happier I am w/ my choice of Newcastle. They're really quite talented offensively and between Shearer's balance, Owen's quickness, and the L and R-footed speed of Belozoglu and Dyer on the wings, they are really well-suited to my pressing offensive style. Owen was floundering in their default formation (0 goals in 3 games), but now that I've tweaked it a bit he's carried the team w/ 5 in the last 3, and relegated Shearer to his proper role as a strong second option in the middle of the field.

Certainly not a top-level team b/c of deficiencies in the middle and sub-par defense, but really quite a fun second-rung team as they go, and not bad for the 14th or 16th pick or whatever it is I had.

Michael_Owen_208761s.jpg

League Leaders (well, for now at least)

Oh and Jermaine Jenas is a bad, bad man. Two yellow cards and one red card to take a commanding lead in the Dirtiest Player award race, but hey every good team's gotta have an enforcer. :lol

Socreges

Banned
I feel bad for Hayami, obviously very good, but stuck with Udinese.

Btw, bionic, I may be able to squeeze in our game monday night.

Garrickk, Huka, and Osorio - I wasn't as free last night as I would have liked to be, so I was only able to get on for a little while and didn't see anyone. Tonight is a possibility for me, so let me know if you can make it and hopefully the forums won't go down again.

Brofist

Socreges said:
I feel bad for Hayami, obviously very good, but stuck with Udinese.

Btw, bionic, I may be able to squeeze in our game monday night.

looks like we have a game also. let me know when you can play.

bionic77

Rorschach and Mig I will be around at 8pm tonight and I would like to play both of you if possible. Any preference for either of you? I am hoping to have the first match at 8 and the second at 8:30.

And Socreges if you want I can go for a hat trick game at 9.

Even though I haven't touched the game in a week I know this time will be different because I don't have those worthless Turks to contend with.

Rorschach

bionic77 said:
Rorschach and Mig I will be around at 8pm tonight and I would like to play both of you if possible. Any preference for either of you? I am hoping to have the first match at 8 and the second at 8:30.

Even though I haven't touched the game in a week I know this time will be different because I don't have those worthless Turks to contend with.
Rorschach said:
9 EST would be good for me.
:D I probably won't be able to play until 9 or 930. I'm gonna try to get back asap, but traffic is a bitch. :(

Daigoro

bionic77 said:

can you squeeze one in at 7:30 perhaps? i have some friends coming over at 8.

*edit: if anyone is around tonight. i should be hoping back on after 12AM EST like last night. maybe a few of us can hook up again. (i might do some playing this afternoon/early evening as well.)

bionic77

Rorschach, 9 or 9:30 is cool with me.

Soc I probably won't be able to make it in by 7:30, hopefully we can play tommorrow?

Mig no ties tonight! What time is good for you btw? And unlike T-Mac and Yao, Neckar plays through the pain!

Irish Icon said:

Yeah I was getting lag in the first half, then it cleared up in the second. Sounds like it switched over depending on the host. GG though, Juninho was scarin' the crap out of me. ;)

edit- sounds good Mrjelly, I should be on around 12est.

Socreges

Banned
Daigoro, we can probably get our game in today...

kpop, what times are you available (PST/EST)?

Just noticed that Astro is ranked 102nd..... gotta break it, buddy. Quite an achievement, Id say.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Socreges said:
Daigoro, we can probably get our game in today...

kpop, what times are you available (PST/EST)?

Just noticed that Astro is ranked 102nd..... gotta break it, buddy. Quite an achievement, Id say.

Haha thanks, it's an achievement borne out of me being decent skill-wise and playing tons (PTS!!11). It might even be slightly higher if it weren't for my lousy connection disconnecting too much, but you take what you can. ;)

I'm in Lobby 5 chillin' and doing some non WE-related paperwork here if anyone wants to hop on for some exhibition games (any teams).

Miguel

:lol

Good game bionic.

Mig finally doesn't tie! (that's all I'm saying)

:p

MiG also gets his first red card. WOo

bionic77

Rorschach I got in two games today man and I am beat. Hopefully we can play tommorrow. And hopefully I can get some time to read up on the rules and the official website.

I won two more games with the Germans than I ever did with those turd burglin Turks. I knew it was them and not me!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
bionic77 said:
Rorschach I got in two games today man and I am beat. Hopefully we can play tommorrow. And hopefully I can get some time to read up on the rules and the official website.

I won two more games with the Germans than I ever did with those turd burglin Turks. I knew it was them and not me!

Haha. You do know you have to enter stats/results here right- http://sefskillz.com/gaf-we9/schedule.php

Rorschach

Ok bionic...maybe tomorrow. Sorry I ran a little late, but it's raining in hollywood (tears from heaven for last night's "best picture?") and traffic was a bitch.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Miguel said:
:lol

Good game bionic.

Mig finally doesn't tie! (that's all I'm saying)

:p

MiG also gets his first red card. WOo

The freaking suspense is killing me here. When are your fans going to get to see this result?

Daigoro

yeah Astro has a nice record. great amount of W's under his belt. makes beating him that much more enjoyable! :lol

...sorry guys. im just getting over a really bad headache i got this afternoon. i had to sleep it off for a few hours. i maye or may not feel good enough to log on a little bit later for some games. (if not ill be back late tomorrow night).

Socreges

Banned
bionic, sef, kpop, Daigoro....

I should have plenty of time tonight. From 5 PM EST on. Let me know what times you guys are available. I really want to get these games in!

Daigoro

Socreges said:
bionic, sef, kpop, Daigoro....

I should have plenty of time tonight. From 5 PM EST on. Let me know what times you guys are available. I really want to get these games in!

i wont be back from work until 12:15 AM est. let me know if you'll be around.

Top Bottom