• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are various extenuating circumstances that make me fairly suspect is all. :p

---

Metallic Spork
sJZyuHLl.jpg

I honestly don't know if I prefer this type of romcom set up over the manufactured angst of Golden Time. 10 more episodes of dude pining over Horse Girl just sounds like it would be insufferable. But then again, at least he's not possessed by a ghost?

If all you cared about was Hachiken and Mikage bumping uglies it might be, buts that not the point of the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If all you cared about was Hachiken and Mikage bumping uglies it might be, buts that not the point of the show.
Well, this whole episode was that. I assume DoucheDad comes back eventually, but the whole "learning to be a part of the group" arc feels like it finished up last season.

Branduil

Pupa 1

I don't know if this was always planned to be 4 minute shorts, but if it was, it's a terrible mistake. A show such as this demands a carefully established atmosphere, but the episode structure dictates an incredibly rushed pacing. This results in a show that's set against itself. Every scene starts and stops so fast that there's no time to breathe whatsoever; you simply can't tell a serious narrative in 3-minute chunks.

RIP Pupa.

cajunator

Banned
Pupa 1

I don't know if this was always planned to be 4 minute shorts, but if it was, it's a terrible mistake. A show such as this demands a carefully established atmosphere, but the episode structure dictates an incredibly rushed pacing. This results in a show that's set against itself. Every scene starts and stops so fast that there's no time to breathe whatsoever; you simply can't tell a serious narrative in 3-minute chunks.

RIP Pupa.

I agree it should have a longer runtime, but give it a chance to be.

The Berserk OST is a masterpiece. Fits the dark, unnerving themes of the anime so well.

Just watched the end of episode 12. Yup. What Casca just shared with us about Griffith was truly disturbing. He's not insane. He's something far worse, willing to do anything to fulfil his dreams of exactly what? I noticed that red necklace is still there and remembering, episode 1....it can't be..but is Griffith a demon 0_0.

Z/X Ignition 1

Lolis riding dinosaurs.
Lolis controlling sexy future soldier girls.
Miyukichi riding a flying panther!

This show is stupid and not the cheesy children's card game show I thought it would be. Ayase though unf unf, that everything, especially that Miyukichi. Will continue watching for her as previously planned.

tumblr_inline_myu50hp9t91r0xfvx.gif

Saw this on Netflix and am glad I decided to check it out. This i what I imagine it would would be like if EviiLore owned property and only allowed NeoGAF members as tenants. I enjoy how one second it can be deathly serious and the next it can be the image above.

cnet128

Banned
Silver Spoon S2 1

Yep, this is the Silver Spoon I remember. Just a pleasure to watch in general. Loving the new OP, and the ED is pretty nice too.

I do wonder
what's going on with Mikage and Komaba though. The little glimpses of their conversations we've been given seem to suggest something crazy like the two of them becoming engaged (arranged marriage?) but I can't tell if that's just one of the "oh, you thought it was THAT? ololol" misdirection gags that the show loves to pull off (see also: lol cow bra =p), or if it's a double misdirection and the show actually is going down that route.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_inline_myu50hp9t91r0xfvx.gif

Saw this on Netflix and am glad I decided to check it out. This i what I imagine it would would be like if EviiLore owned property and only allowed NeoGAF members as tenants. I enjoy how one second it can be deathly serious and the next it can be the image above.

You started a great show. Congrats!
So cute at times!

Well, this whole episode was that. I assume DoucheDad comes back eventually, but the whole "learning to be a part of the group" arc feels like it finished up last season.
I don't want to give to much away but I'll just say that Hachiken has much more to learn than just being part of the group.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't want to give to much away but I'll just say that Hachiken has much more to learn than just being part of the group.
I kind of wish that they'd just end his pining either way. Unless they pull a Roseanne and mix up the pairings at the last moment, there's only so long you can delay the canon pairing before it becomes silly. Heck, Pet Girl was like this and went to that well over and over again.

Oreki's sister is the best character anyway.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"It's only 2 episodes"

- Me shortly before watching Kuttsukiboshi

Oh god why

-----

Also holy shit, the new Golden Time OP crosses the line from being bad to being straight up annoying. Like, it's almost physically painful to listen to. The constant wall of violins and drums would have worked okay as an opening to the song, but it just NEVER STOPPED. Gah.

Jarmel

Banned
Samurai Flamenco-12

This show just feels like it shat the bed and all the previous stuff such as themes and side characters are being thrown out. I don't even feel bad for the crap sales anymore.

cajunator

Banned
- Me shortly before watching Kuttsukiboshi

Oh god why

-----

Also holy shit, the new Golden Time OP crosses the line from being bad to being straight up annoying. Like, it's almost physically painful to listen to. The constant wall of violins and drums would have worked okay as an opening to the song, but it just NEVER STOPPED. Gah.

I dontl ike it at all :(
At least Koko is still in it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah but magical girls. I just, I don't like magical girl shows.
One exception is already known.

And its movie was only 2 hours. Doesn't mean people haven't felt the need to piss on me for disliking that. I know what happens when I get involved with these shows.
These people either don't know what they're talking about or have bad taste.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah but magical girls. I just, I don't like magical girl shows.

And its movie was only 2 hours. Doesn't mean people haven't felt the need to piss on me for disliking that. I know what happens when I get involved with these shows.

Its not a magical girl show. Its a show with girls and magic but not the same thing. Different structure, different everything.
a9Tiidt.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think you misunderstood. I don't like Adolescence of Utena, and people have given me shit for it here.
Eh, I actually think that's an understandable viewpoint. The distilled-dose form of the show isn't something that would appeal to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom