• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
How the flying fuck does this get on television?

No but you see it's
yuri ghost
rape, which is both hawt and unrealistic so it's totally okay.

And the pissing fetishisation is totally fine too because they don't show anything (we don't even get to hear the sound effects...), so it's all left up to our imaginations.

By which I mean to say, yes, ImoCho is utterly lewd and depraved.
and I love it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one watching KlK as light hearted entertainment rather than the best thing since sliced pan? Yes I realise thanks to LWA and Inferno Cop you all had high expectation and deemed Trigger the return of Jesus in Anime Studio form.

Caladrius

No but you see it's
yuri ghost
rape, which is both hawt and unrealistic so it's totally okay.

And the pissing fetishisation is totally fine too because they don't show anything (we don't even get to hear the sound effects...), so it's all left up to our imaginations.

By which I mean to say, yes, ImoCho is utterly lewd and depraved.
and I love it

...Of course.

23141-tumblrm9rxcjOEZf1r5kyvmo1500gi-fBmn.gif

Naruto Shippuden Episode 344 - Obito and Madara
tumblr_mz5hmccVWP1qcsesho1_500.gif
tumblr_mz5hmccVWP1qcsesho2_500.gif

Backstory episode but Obito kid is pretty hilarious and gave good vocals to match the same funny moments that existed in the manga. The fight for him and Kakashi and Rin in that backstory was kind of exciting, rewatched it twice or so.

New ending is kind of a step down from the last one, but it is Obito focused so it is still above average.

Vecks

Pocket Monsters XY 12

2XEuVid.jpg

Oh, hey, he looks familiar...

Nothing special today. Mistreated pokemon. Ashtoshi apprehending criminals with pokemon battles. Almost like a standard Team Rocket episode... without Team Rocket.

The preview of the next ep, however, has me interested.
Love Triangle Incoming?

Mature

Am I the only one watching KlK as light hearted entertainment rather than the best thing since sliced pan? Yes I realise thanks to LWA and Inferno Cop you all had high expectation and deemed Trigger the return of Jesus in Anime Studio form.
That's what it's always been for me. I find Imaishi's stuff to be really entertaining on a superficial level, and I don't really expect much beyond that.

Quasar

I don't believe it. It's just boring, not bad.

I liked it more that that at least. Not that it put its best foot forward.

Magical Warfare confused me. Mostly because for some reason I thought this was Mahouka...but it isnt. Its some other magical show involving siblings.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Boring = bad, plus it has a whole handful of some of the most repulsive tropes in it's settings and characters

But it's like YuruYuri x Love Lab. Unless I completely missed some weird character or something.

I liked it more that that at least. Not that it put its best foot forward.

Magical Warfare confused me. Mostly because for some reason I thought this was Mahouka...but it isnt. Its some other magical show involving siblings.
Wait, it's not? I scrubbed it thinking it was that. It's also pretty magical girlfriendy/SAO-ey. lol

I hate 90% of YuruYuri and am pretty apathetic about LoveLab, and even still those are better than this show

I got up to like, Episode 7 of LoveLab. I just couldn't give enough of a shit to continue. And this is from someone who fucking plowed through both seasons of Squid Girl.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gah, got BOTP'd. :(

Boring = bad, plus it has a whole handful of some of the most repulsive tropes in it's settings and characters

Like I said in my impressions post, I feel like we've seen just about every character in Engaged before in other shows. They're just the most trope-y, generic characters possible. And the older sister is a terrible character. If you gave her character and "fetishes" to a male, it'd be weird and creepy, but it's cool 'cause she's female? No thank you. Same type of character that made me stop watching Kanamemo.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gah, got BOTP'd. :(

Like I said in my impressions post, I feel like we've seen just about every character in Engaged before in other shows. They're just the most trope-y, generic characters possible. And the older sister is a terrible character. If you gave her character and "fetishes" to a male, it'd be weird and creepy, but it's cool 'cause she's female? No thank you. Same type of character that made me stop watching Kanamemo.

yup D: and the setting and the implausibility of the situation and the way no one thinks logically about anything is a killer as well

Embrace the bottom!

Oh, you're one of those people! lol

You're one of the people that pretend YuruYuri wasn't crap? lol

JoeFu

Banned
Nobunagun is >>>>>>>>>>>> Nobunaga za fuuru

It has midriffs, sakuga, Taiwan, true friendship, hotbloodedness, and nobunaga is a GUN

I agree with this and I haven't watched Nobunaga the Fool.

Taiwan is the only reason I watched the first episode of Nobunagun!

here is an excuse to post my real life pictures that were close to the anime scenes again!

Samurai Flamenco 12

This show. I'm so glad I watch it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
But Love Lab is genuinely good unlike those other two shows.

to be fair to rabu rabu i think i only watched the first two episodes, i might add it to the list of shows I've overlooked and am now catching up on, like Hyouka/SAO/JoJoPT2/etc
I agree with this and I haven't watched Nobunaga the Fool.

Taiwan is the only reason I watched the first episode of Nobunagun!

here is an excuse to post my real life pictures that were close to the anime scenes again!

Samurai Flamenco 12

This show. I'm so glad I watch it.

Are you sure they didn't use your photos as reference? :D

JoeFu

Banned
Are you sure they didn't use your photos as reference? :D

My photos were taken 3 years ago and never posted anywhere! It was really cool looking through my album and seeing stuff that looked like the exact same angle of the anime. Really really cool

I hope the show stays in Taiwan

Jintor

Amusing but non exceptional is the perfect way to describe YuruYuri.

Personally, the only characters I REALLY liked was the tsundere pair who were tsundere for each other. The four mains were all... mostly mediocre, though I found Chinatsu actually mildly irritating.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Naw, I find it amusing but nothing exceptional.
And maybe I'm being a "he has an anime avatar" guy, but I lump LWA in with those class of shows so I just assumed you are into the four girl comedies. lol

Here. We. Go?

LWA was an action sakuga fest, not a boring four girl comedy D: It's about time for an avatar change anyway

K-on is probably the only "group of girls does boring things" show i like now that i think about it

Most of them are so forgettable i don't remember what i've seen .__.

Aiyura was good too

yuyushiki looks like i might enjoy it

Quasar

I hate 90% of YuruYuri and am pretty apathetic about LoveLab, and even still those are better than this show

I am getting so sick and tired of yuribate shit.

I liked Love Lab though. Probably because it was about girls chasing guys. Even if there weren't many guys till the end.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of comparisons between Engaged and YuruYuri, go listen to the last few seconds of the Engaged ED and tell me it doesn't sound exactly like the YuruYuri OP.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Amusing but non exceptional is the perfect way to describe YuruYuri.

Personally, the only characters I REALLY liked was the tsundere pair who were tsundere for each other. The four mains were all... mostly mediocre, though I found Chinatsu actually mildly irritating.
Like how Nagato got a spinoff manga, there's a reason why they also got a spinoff manga of their two families interacting with each other.

LWA was an action sakuga fest, not a boring four girl comedy D: It's about time for an avatar change anyway
If it was a series, it'd be one of those!

Quasar

Wait, it's not? I scrubbed it thinking it was that. It's also pretty magical girlfriendy/SAO-ey. lol

Nope. I watched it because I thought it was. I was just bored and stopped halfway through. So its joined my dropped shows (along with the ghost rapist, strange+, and probably hamatora).

cajunator

Banned
Princess Tutu is a magical girl show in sort of the same way School Days is a romantic comedy. Except in an awesome, badass way as opposed to utterly depraved and hilarious.

Also Mashiro's voice is heavenly, you all are crazy.

All of this is true.

Golden Time-13

I'm starting to like Koko and dislike everything else. Fucking Poltergeist Banri threatening to mess everything up is pushing my bullshit meter.

giphy.gif

Koko is the sole reason to watch anyway. Banri is aggravating, Linda is in the way and the other girl is annoying. I like the tea club though.

1389291289944e6ujx.jpg

will wait for tru love bd edition ;_;

Lol. BLood C levels of censoring.

Space Dandy 1

QyHJRts.jpg

I think I'm back to liking anime.

Hey man havent seen you around!

Golden Time-13

I'm starting to like Koko and dislike everything else. Fucking Poltergeist Banri threatening to mess everything up is pushing my bullshit meter.

giphy.gif
Trully the best gif to represent my feeligns about golden time !

1389291289944e6ujx.jpg

will wait for tru love bd edition ;_;

Hum so a black feather just happenned to be across the lens of the camera when this event happenned. What a bad luck !

cnet128

Banned
Oh dear, people hating on all the great Dogakobo shows now? Is nothing sacred?

Hoozuki no Reitetsu 1

Wow, yeah, this is very Japanese. I feel vaguely proud that I think I actually got a lot of the cultural references (hey, there was even a reference to those classical picture scrolls that inspired Kyousougiga in there!), but even so, I don't think this show is really for me.

Which is actually quite a relief, because it means I've found a Thursday show that I can happily drop! Whew. I was starting to get worried there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoozuki no Reitetsu Episode 1:

Good god, I have not seen something this impenetrably Japanese is a while. I mean I rather enjoyed the program and its darkly comedic of Japanese mythology but I feel like I need two semesters worth of folklore study and a shitload of liner notes to fully grasp all of the nuances of this program. That being said, it is the rare anime that shines a light on Australia and was actually really accurate about what they showed, somebody did their homework. I think i will keep watching even though I don't get everything that is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom